By holding down the D button, Bullet creates a growing orange circle around her. If the opponent is inside this circle, release the D button to launch Bullet at the opponent. If the opponent is outside the ring, she simply cancels the stance).
- Bullet gains a Heat Up level when she hits with her Drive. At Level 1 she has an orange silhouette, at Level 2 she has a red silhouette.
- Drive is special cancellable on hit, and applies Heat before the special move comes out, leading to new combo opportunities.
- Heat Up levels last for 900 frames; the timer resets each time she gains another level. Gaining levels when you're already at Lv2 resets the timer.
- Every special move and Serpentine Assault have followup "Engage" moves that use the D button. Engage moves add additional damage and allow for followup combos. Using these "Engage" moves will revert Bullet's heat level back to 0, but it can increase again even within the same combo.
- With at least one Heat Level, Bullet will deal more damage and gain full invulnerability on travel.
- By inputting and holding 4D, the ring will come out but Bullet will not launch herself at her opponent.
Overdrive: Heat the Beat
Bullet's Ovedrive is versatile. You can use it for high damage, to chase zoners, to quickly gain a heat level (e.g 6D>ODC>6B for instant 2 Heat), or to make some confirms unburstable. Her combo theory in Overdrive is similar to Hakumen's "Mugen", in that your highest damage comes from chaining specials (and engages!) one after another. Keep in mind, if you use an engage while Overdrive ends, you will still lose a Heat Up level.
After using Overdrive, Bullet immediately gains a single Heat Up level.
During Overdrive, Bullet can dash further.
During Overdrive, Bullet's Heat Up level will never decrease, even when using an Engage move.
After leaving the Overdrive state, Bullet retains the Heat Up level she gained while entering it.
The Heat Up level timer freezes while in Overdrive, and resets after Bullet leaves the Overdrive state.