Es is a well-rounded character with a slight emphasis on projectiles and zoning.
- Due to the range of her projectiles and normals, can control space from most distances.
- Can get full corner carry from many starters, great carry overall.
- Gets a lot of mileage from Crush Trigger, from fullscreen carry in normal combos to damaging conversions when used in tandem with a crest
- Crests can allow you to keep your mixups plus on block, while also allowing you to continue pressure
- Has limited mixup as her gatling routes are limited, cancels into specials and D buttons will always either leave a gap or put her vulnerable
- Long recovery on ground buttons and not many ways to keep yourself safe if blocked, need to be careful about using them and choosing where to commit
- Has a few character specific combo routes, advanced combos take some time to learn.
- Damage output can be on the lower end without Bors, or if you're not using the "advanced" routes
Drive: Crest Arts
When Es swings her sword, an "after image" appears called a Crest. Every Crest that appears after a sword attack has its own hitbox and works as a follow-up that activates after a period of time. The crests are often used in combos, mixups, and okizeme. The crests can disappear if Es gets hit, blocks an attack, or techs a throw. It should be noted that only one crest can be on screen at a time. So for example, if you place a j.D crest and then try to use a crest that activates immediately like 5D or 2D before the j.D crest activates: j.D's crest will disappear.
Overdrive: Amplifier "Avalon"
Es's Overdrive is primarily used to close out rounds, as the Galahad buff with it's increased minimum damage makes for an excellent round ender. If you're in the corner, the Palamedes buff also allows for you to chain into double super for even more damage (ex. 3C > 6D > Palamedes > Galahad). Overdrive has a few other uses too though. Landing a stray hit at round start and converting into Overdrive will easily net you close to 4K damage and fullscreen carry to the corner. If you're low on health, the increased timer on Percival can also prove usual in some situations.
- Gives additional hits to Crests.
- Drive moves have faster startup, allowing Es to combo into them.
- The crest limit is removed entirely
- 632146D (Percival) lasts for about 9 seconds instead of 7(1/2) seconds. (This is with max health in mind, 623146D will decrease at a much slower rate for as long as OD is active)
- 632146A/B (Palamedes) deal multiple hits, allowing for new combos
- 632146C (Galahad) deals multiple hits and gains a great increase in damage