Frostbite enables Jin to freeze his opponents, allowing for extended combos and unconventional reset opportunities.
As a basic rule of thumb, Jin can use his Drive normals as only the first freeze in a combo, and his EX Specials for further freezes.
for more details on how Freeze works.
Jin has access to a set of special moves that consume 25% Heat, similar to Force Breaks from Guilty Gear AC, EX attacks from Street Fighter 4, and SB Skills from Persona 4 Arena.
- All of Jin's EX Specials freeze the opponent and have Freeze Count 10, effectively ignoring the Freeze Count limit.
- If Jin attempts an attack that requires 25% Heat without sufficient meter, the non-EX version will be done instead (for example, inputting 623D with 10 Heat will cause Jin to perform 623C).
- All EX Specials trigger Heat cooldown for 180 frames upon use.
Overdrive: Frost End
Frost End is Jin's Overdrive. During Overdrive, all of Jin's sword normals and specials freeze the opponent; the Freeze Count limit for Jin's normal Drive attacks is altered; and Jin's EX specials gain additional properties (ground bounce, wall bounce, etc.).
- Sword normals (5C, 2C, 3C, 6C, j.C, j.2C) will now freeze the opponent and have a Freeze Count limit of 3.
- Normal Drives (5D, 2D, 6D, j.D) gain an extended Freeze Count limit of 3.
- Special moves will now freeze the opponent and have a Freeze Count limit of 5.
- Normal Drives (5D, 2D, 6D, j.D) gain more frame advantage and freeze for a longer period of time.
- Most EX Specials gain better effects on hit for combo extensions, and lose their 180F cooldown period.
Because of these new properties, Jin can use Overdrive to either do lots of unburstable damage like most characters, or to go for resets using Freeze.