|"I am the white void... I am the cold steel... I am the just sword... With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it with the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen... The end has come!"|
|Lore:||Hakumen is the former leader of the Six Heroes who combated the Black Beast and ended the Dark War in the series` backstory almost a century ago. After the war, Hakumen found himself in a battle with Yuuki Terumi, who had betrayed the other five heroes. Nearly completely defeated, and seeing no other choice, he sacrificed himself by forcefully sealing both him and Terumi away in the boundary. 100 years later, Kokonoe salvages a portion of his existence from the boundary, whereupon he resumes his quest for justice and to exact revenge on Terumi. Hakumen's sword is a Nox Nyctores weapon named the "Slaying Demon: Okami." By channeling the Susano'o Unit's limitless energy and abilities, it is powerful enough to slash through and erase one's existence from time itself. This gives Hakumen the means to kill beings otherwise considered immortal, which designates him as one of the most dangerous and deadliest warriors to face in the Blazblue universe.
Mysteriously similar to Jin Kisaragi, Hakumen is a very serious individual who is usually extremely focused on the task at hand and rarely shows any emotion beyond stoicism. As such, he comes across as rather cold and apathetic in his interactions with others. With an unfaltering will to accomplish his goals, Hakumen approaches every fight with a calm disposition, engaging with absolute precision to achieve victory.|
- Above average health
- High damage potential as well as a high damage assist.
- Long ranged normals that make for excellent spacing tools.
- Specials can be cancelled into each other, making for excellent metered damage and decent blockstring potential.
- Many of his attacks can cut away opponents' projectiles and make it his own, which can stop zoning.
- Counters can help him escape certain setups.
- Poor ground mobility
- Tall hurtbox leaves him susceptible to many forms of mixup.
- Because his dedicated anti air is rather slow, he has very limited vertical range and ways to deal with ground to air approaches.
- No reliable projectiles.
- Limited stagger windows leaves him somewhat vulnerable to pushblock
- Slow normals make it hard to get in and start combos
In BlazBlue, Hakumen could cancel Skills into other Skills, but all Skills costed some meter. In BBTag, Hakumen's Skills don't cost meter, but canceling from one into another costs 1 Skill Gauge. This means canceling from a Skill to an Extra Skill costs 2 Skill Gauges! Each Skill can only be used once per string, with both versions of Gurren and Renka counting as the same move. An added benefit for canceling this way is that the second attack does not add an additional damage scaling.
Hakumen's sword cuts through projectiles and creates a floating orb that can damage the opponent or be used as a shield against other projectiles. ALL
of Hakumen's attacks that use the blade of the sword have this property, from Normals, to Skills, to Distortions. See here
for more info.