|"Depending on someone to watch your back...doesn't feel bad at all"|
|Lore:||Sometimes also referred to as the "Red Devil", Tager is a cyborg and a member of Sector Seven that works directly under Kokonoe. He used to be a mercenary but ended up being gravely wounded during a battle in the Ikaruga War. Upon noticing Tager's compatibility with Kokonoe's experimental "Demon Cells," she retrieves his body from the battlefield and rebuilds him as a cyborg, with his original flesh becoming heavily mutated by the demon cells. Although his life was saved, Tager lost all memories of his past life as a side effect of the process, and now has decided to repay his debt to Kokonoe as her personal agent within Sector Seven.|
Tager is a grappler character. He has slow and limited movement but by using a combination of his 5B (his old Sledge special) to cover ground, his Voltic Battler drive to pull his opponent towards him and solid fundamenetal movement, Tager can close the gap between him and his opponent. Once close, Tager has a number of command grabs that can either be very damaging on their own or which can lead to an even more damaging combo.
- 20k health; highest tier of health in the game
- A variety of threatening command grabs to control the ground and air, including his invincible 720 command grab which can be used both in the air and on the ground
- Sledge is a very strong zone breaking tool with high and mid guard points
- Can easily nullify most projectile wars at the cost of 1 skill gauge with Spark Bolt
- High BnB damage
- Strong reset potential on opponent's wakeup thanks to magnetized command grabs.
- Low mobility. Tager cannot air dash or double jump
- Sledge is weak against lows and sometimes inconsistent against strong multihit pokes while speeding towards the opponent
- Very tall and vulnerable to instant overhead mixups
- Assists are fairly situational and teammate dependent
- Meter dependent, especially considering the threat potential of tools like Spark Bolt and Genesic Emerald Tager Buster
Overdrive: Voltic Battler
How Tager's drive functions has changed going in to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. In the BlazBlue series, Tager could magnetize his opponents on hit or block with a drive move and certain special moves. He would then be able to pull his opponent towards using specific normals, specials and supers. In BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, the need to magnetize an opponent has been removed. Instead, specific Tager normals, specials and supers will now automatically pull the opponent towards him.