|"I serve the hands of justice."|
|Lore:||Izayoi is the true form of the Sealed Armament: Izayoi that Tsubaki Yayoi undertakes to don the power of Immortal Breaker. Turning away from the darkness of the past, she takes up her sword to punish all crimes and seek out the true light. This alternate form of Tsubaki is playable starting from BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.|
Izayoi is a rushdown character with unique movement options, threatening high/low mixups, and one of the best safejumps in the game. Coupled with the right assists, Izayoi has the ability to play with momentum and suffocate the opponent with her aggression.
- Strong mobility thanks to GA dash and teleports
- Decent projectiles
- Strong mixup game (IOH 66j.A/B, fuzzy guard setups with j.C, etc)
- Reliable oki/setplay off of any hit
- Solid 1-meter punish routes
- Lackluster footsie game as her best poke, 5B, does its job but is outclassed by a number of other characters
- Meter hungry
- DP has no horizontal reach
- Meterless damage is mediocre
- Anti-air game is limited
- Requires good assists to keep pressure
Drive: Scarlet Justice
Izayoi’s forward air dash is different from most of the cast’s forward air dash. Instead of dashing straight, she does a dash low to the ground, allowing her to follow it up with an air normal. It is also possible to do the dash from the ground by pressing 66. It allows you to use it as an aggression tool to keep the pressure going as well as potentially mix them up during a blockstring, consisting of IAD j.A, j.C Fuzzy overhead, etc. The dash can also be held longer by holding 6, allowing you to close in from farther distances as well. In addition to that, you can change the angle of her dash by holding 9 or 3.
You can also cancel many of her special attacks into Mirage Thurster (teleports) to continue combos or to quickly sandwich your opponent with your partner.