Ruby Rose wields a weapon called the Crescent Rose, a weapon crafted by herself that's a hybrid between a scythe and a high caliber sniper rifle. The weapon is capable of transforming into a scythe or a sniper rifle, though it can fire bullets in either form. In the show, she also frequently made use of the recoil from firing bullets from Crescent Rose to propel her in different directions, giving her extra mobility and maneuverability.
All of this is adapted directly into Ruby's playstyle to create a very well rounded character. The Crescent Rose gives many normals that have great reach and hit in a wide arc, allowing her to fight up close very well. She has specials where she fires the Crescent Rose, giving her ranged options to fight from afar. And finally, her Gun Blast special allows her to propel herself forward, backward and at different angles in the air, giving her extra movement options in neutral.
|"Ah, this looks interesting. Mind if I join the fight?"|
|Lore:||The main protagonist of RWBY and Yang Xiao Long's younger half-sister. Ruby Rose always dreamed of becoming a Huntress like the great heroes talked about in fairy tales. After a chance incident, Headmaster Ozpin extends Ruby an invitation to attend Beacon academy after seeing her skills first hand. Ruby accepts the invitation and begins attending Beacon academy to begin her training to become a Huntress. Soon after, she became the leader of a newly formed team of Huntresses with Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long called Team RWBY.|
- Very easy to learn, has low execution combos, and lacks any overt weakness.
- Has versatile assists; lacks any redundant or ineffective assists.
- Ruby's normals have long disjointed range and good start-up speed.
- Has multiple attacks that hit both in front and behind her, granting her cross-ups and denying enemy cross-ups.
- Has projectile properties in many of her special moves, which can ignore head, body, or foot invulnerability.
- Buzzsaw Blast's long animation makes assist extensions very easy.
- Gun Blast makes almost any blockstring safe, grants safe-jump set-ups at the end of most combos, and can create cross-up situations on demand.
- Petal Burst can deny zoning from nearly full-screen.
- Smart Combos don't link together well at max range, resulting in combo drops and whiffs.
- Zoning game is not very strong due to long recovery and very pronounced start-up animations / sound effects on all of her projectiles.
- Previously mentioned projectile property on some specials makes her vulnerable against characters with projectile invincible attacks.
In RWBY, Ruby's Semblance gives her inhuman speed. In the game, Ruby can cancel her various Skills into Gun Blast
(214X) on hit or block. This gives her lots of versatility in her combos, mixups, and blockstrings. She can even cancel Gun Blast into another Gun Blast (max 3 times)!