Yukiko is a zoning character with very polarized strengths and weaknesses. Her damage increases dramatically when she stocks up her fire levels all the way up to 9 and her unique toolset can open up many options for her partner. To best make use of her, a Yukiko player must be proficient at playing neutral and mitigating risks when pressuring the opponent while micromanaging health, meter, partner bar, and fire level to win out in the long run.
Guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D9Snifl5AAUQ1hO66YOKZgNG6VTEgVtJV0zjkzNzgGA/edit?usp=sharing
|"I'm not as gentle as I look..."|
|Lore:||A third-year Yasogami high school student and member of the "Investigation Team," Yukiko is the sole heiress and upcoming manager at her family's historical and famous inn, the Amagi Inn. A very polite and reserved girl, her friends know her best as offbeat, goofy and adorable. At school, her beauty, intelligence and personality earned her the adoration of girls and guys alike, and she is known as the "Amagi Challenge" because she has turned down so many guys left and right at her school (including Yosuke). She gained her Persona, Konohana-Sakuya after facing her true inner self, and helped her friends solved the wild mysteries that plagued Inaba for many years, all the while finding her true self and staying true to it.|
- Large normals
- Ability to infinitely recover her (and her partner's) health
- Stacking fire stocks makes her one of the damaging characters in the game
- Excels at using Resonance Blaze mechanics
- Versatile and unique zoning tools
- Mixup potential that cannot be avoided even by pushblocking to the other end of the screen
- Good air game
- Damaging safe on block reversal super with Maragidyne
- Slow normals
- Very fragile due to heavy persona use, fire boost mechanics, and being tied for the lowest hp in the game.
- Requires good hit confirms to maximize damage
- Very meter reliant
- Poor close range anti-air options and minimal reward on stray zoning hits
Yukiko's unique gauge, Fire, amplifies the damage of her fire-based attacks (such as Maragi, Agidyne, her A autocombo enders, or some of her assists). You gain 1 stack from using 22A or (when tagged out) 6P and 2 stacks from 22B and 22C, up to a maximum of 9, each use of a move that increases fire level will turn 500hp into red health. For reference, a raw Agidyne deals roughly 4.5k dmg on lv.0, and 9.7k on lv.9.
See her frame data for exact values. Clash Assault, Cross Raid and the partner version of Agidyne are not affected by fire boost level. Fire boost level CANNOT be reduced, it'll only reset once the match ends.