HP: 2680 (2903)
Damage Scale: 92.32%
Guts Level: 4
Float Factor: 2
Backdash Startup Invincibility:
Marco Van de Land, the nine-year-old son of the legendary hero Silver Knight Dyna. His father disappeared when he was still a baby, but Marco has always tried to live up to his father's legacy and aspires to become like him. One morning he wakes up to find out that his older brother Urs has left home to search for their long lost father. Marco decides to follow in his brother's footsteps and embarks on an adventure with his best friend, a dragon hatchling named Char-Siu.
- Basic Ken/Ryu style makes him an all around character
- Good mixup potential, especially in Heat Up
- Has multiple ways of crossing up and whiff punishing opponents
- Can combo with Char-Siu doing massive damage
- Great anti-air options leading to more mixups
- Has the most attack sets of all characters
- Taunt builds MP!
- Heat Up locks Marco's moves until he commands the dragon
- Has to constantly keep momentum to win the match
- Same attacks are short ranged
Heat Up!: Char-Siu!
Marco's pet and best friend Char-Siu becomes a bigger dragon with two moves
- Japanese Name: マルコ
- Japanese Wiki
Marco fires a small beam of light energy towards the opponent. The A version is short ranged, while the C version sends out a cutting beam of light energy that travels faster, has more range, and deals more damage.
Fanged Snake Crash
during Heat Up 236A/C
Char-Siu breathes out fire onto his opponent, launching them into the air. During Heat-Up, this is a great attack to use at either close-range or long range, because during Char-Siu's attack, Marco can synchronize his own attacks during the fire breath.
during Heat Up 236B/D
Char-Siu swoops to the opponent's position and charges at them, launching them up into the air. Again, this is another great tool to use, because Marco can synchronize his own attacks with the dragon's charge attack as well.
- BatFan Marco dynaRush.png
- BatFan Marco finalStrike.png
While in Heat Up, Marco changes significantly. His dragon pet Char-Siu follows him and can be instructed to do attacks, during which Marco can be doing something else. However, there are some complications with this that make it somewhat difficult.
There are two Dragon states which are listed below
- Dragon Ready State: While the dragon is ready to do an attack, Marco loses the ability to do any of his regular special moves, including his supers. The only specials he can use are the Dragon Specials!
- Dragon Active State: While the dragon is doing an attack (or recovering from one), Marco can do all of his specials and supers as normal.
While in the Dragon Ready State, Marco can command the dragon to attack at any time, even while doing something else! Meaning, he can issue the commands on the ground, in the air, while doing an attack, and so on. This is actually important for reasons listed
- If the dragon command is issued from standing neutral or canceled into as a special, Marco will have a 'commanding' animation which consists of him pointing forward for a bit.
- If the dragon command is issued while Marco is busy [i.e. while he is jumping, dashing, throwing, doing one of his special attacks, doing a normal that can't be canceled into a special, etc], there will be no 'commanding' animation but the dragon will still do the attack.
Obviously the commanding animation is never wanted because it keeps Marco busy. Learning how to make the dragon attack without tying up Marco is important to using it. Used properly, Marco can do some elaborate combos into and out of dragon attacks.