Cmndr.in.chief/ACR Sol Tabber/Normal
Standard jab and occasional poke, overall a pretty niche tool in Sol's kit. Useful for frame traps, tick throws, etc.
- Better than average startup. Can tag a lot of beefier moves during their startup or cooldown.
- Clutch Anti-air, but lacks the vertical coverage of 5K/ 2H.
- Strong burst bait tool due to its overall low recovery time.
- Whiffs on crouching Millia, Faust, and May. Leads to whiff > throw setups.
Establishes offense. Gatling into it from 2P > 2K, if the opponent has been conditioned to block high in reaction to standing animations.
- 80% proration.
Gatling Options: 5P, 2P, 6P, 5K, 2K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Privileged 3f normal that does it all: anti-air, abare, punishes, and active enough to catch backdashes on reaction or OS.
- Works as a frame trap tool after Sol does a safe poke.
- Preferred normal to OS with Sol's throw.
- Note: a large chunk of the cast can crouch under the second hit, especially when hit or blocked from farther out.
On air hit, 5K is confirmed from with 2H or a j.P/ j.K into a standard air combo > VV for knockdown. On air CH, 5K has enough hitstun to combo to Sidewinder from an IAD j.S or j.D with stricter timing.
Gatling Options: 6P, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
Sol's main punish starter for meterless and non-counter hit combos. Versatile gatlings from all of Sol's lower level buttons, useful mid combo as a confirm/filler/stopping point.
- Recovers quickly enough that 5K(1) > c.S lets you confirm a hit or a burst.
- Leans forward during startup, letting Sol move past some hitboxes depending on spacing (e.g. Dead Angles)
- 0 On block with very little pushback, amazing tick throw tool.
Can lead to Dustloops, Sidewinders, and tk.Bandit Revolvers. Mid-corner combo against airborne opponents, can be jump canceled into a j.D for a high damage Sidewinder or Dustloop. In the corner, you'll usually start your loops with c.S > 6P.
Gatling Options: 6P, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
Extremely fast for its range, f.S is good for gaining initiative round start or establishing offense in neutral.
- Confirms into 5H or FB Fafnir from max range, gaining positional advantage or some moderate poke damage.
- Gatling into 2S makes f.S 2S pressure very safe and lets Sol make his way in.
- For meter, converts at a decent range leads to 5H > Fafnir, can go into Tyrant Rave for some extra damage.
Be careful, Sol extends his hurtbox on the first frame. Due to only being active for one frame, it's easily backdashed, but can be preemptively canceled to 2S to make it safer.
Gatling Options: 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Slower, long ranged poke, punish, and combo tool that leads to big damage on counter hit. Difficult to contest.
- Combos into Grand Viper up close or from a long-range counter hit, leading to Sidewinder Loops.
- Confirms into (FB) Fafnir to let Sol get in from midscreen.
- Can frame trap out of 6P's extended cancel window.
On CH against standing opponents, leads to Instant Air Dash > j.S > stuff > Sidewinder Loop, Confirms into Bandit Bringer against most crouching opponents, though Grand Viper remains the most reliable combo afterward. 5H goes into IAD j.P or j.K against airborne opponents, or after a confirm of xx > 6P > 5H when the 6P is landed somewhat close. Just don't get predictable with airdash pressure.
Gatling Options: 2H, 5D, 2D
Decent damage combo starter, but awful range, and slow and easily reactable, despite being one of the fastest 5Ds in the game. Sol's only grounded overhead.
- Leads to significant damage and a knockdown, especially with an Impossible Dust.
- Horrid range, very unsafe, and huge CH state window. Keep meter on hand to cancel it.
- Substantially better in DI due to being safe, and on the cusp of unreactable.
Don't get predictable. 5D's range is only slightly farther than Wild throw and it is highly telegraphed.
- Knocks down face up on CH.
- In CH state from Frames 1-30.
Starts pressure, frame traps, tick throws, and can be used to mash out. Strong, safe, all-around short range tool.
- Safe to 95% of reversals when properly meatied.
- Can be OS'd with [ 2P]~ 5K/ c.S/ 2H for confirms and baits.
2P mostly sees its use as an oki tool and pressure starter. It is occasionally used in relaunches, OS'd with 2H or c.S to bait bursts.
- 80% proration.
Gatling Options: 5P, 2P, 6P, 5K, 2K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
Sol's fastest and main low poke. Also useful for faster tick throws or frame traps.
- Tags people standing or attempting to fuzzy jump.
- Gatlings into 2H for a Grand Viper conversion.
- Frame traps into 6P or a late c.S/ f.S. Strong natural frame trap in 2K > 2S.
Fairly standard low poke tool, but active enough to serve as a safe meaty. Can still net 200 damage off of this by converting to 2D > FB Fafnir.
- 70% proration.
Gatling Options: 6P, c.S, f.S, 2S, 2H, 5D, 2D
Decent range, fairly active, very disjointed, low recovery time, and +3 on block make this an excellent blockstring ender, neutral button, and baiting tool.
- Strong low reaching poke due to hitbox/hurtbox ratio.
- Links into P and K normals and c.S on late hits.
- OS: 5P/ 2P/ 2K > 2S is a natural frame trap on block, will combo on hit. Also works if delayed from 5K.
Discourages button pushing when properly spaced. Timing 2S ambiguously on oki especially is very tricky to defend against and can give you information on the opponent's mindset.
Gatling Options: 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
High reaching upwards swing which gives you a day and a half to confirm on counter hit. Sol's main relaunch tool.
- Beats many moves and scores CH due to the strong hitbox. Trades in Sol's favor most of the time. Burst safe if followed with BB or jump cancelled on CH.
- Fast enough to combo off of level 1 buttons.
- Special cancel window extends into its recovery frames.
- Can be OS'd with 5P/ 2P to bait bursts mid combo.
Works as a slower but stronger Anti Air than 5K, and late frame trap tool. Can be a nightmarish meaty if they feel like rolling the dice.
- On counter hit, a Bandit Bringer will convert, and will whiff and recover if they burst. 2H is strong, but don't whiff it.
Gatling Options: 5D, 2D
- Knocks down face down on CH.
- Floats on CH (untechable for 60F) (DI version doesn't float).
- 90% proration.
Amazing: mid-ranged, low profile sweep which can go under 80% of moves in the game, even during pressure. Your best friend.
- Can go under bursts, Stun Edges, Johnny ranged pokes, other sweeps, etc. Will even score counter hits against some jump-ins.
- Special cancel window extends into its recovery frames.
- Free combo on counter hit.
- Near-corner conversions into FB Fafnir when too far for regular meterless juggles to work.
- Can combo to Clean Hit Grand Viper on normal hit against Jam, Bridget, Millia, and Kliff.
- Further applies to May and Baiken near the corner, or if 3 or more hits precedes the 2D.
Leads into Bandit Revolver RC for a conversion. CH leads to Gun-Flame > FRC, mashless Grand Viper, or Gun-Flame > FB Fafnir to Sidewinder Loop. Also does a strong, unburstable kill combo by going straight into Tyrant Rave ver.Beta.
- Knocks down face down.
- Frames 4-23 [3-15] low stance.
- 90% Proration.
Prime corner combo launcher and counter hit fishing button, 6P beats out many poke attempts and confirms from nearly anywhere on counterhit.
- Mid level hitting gut punch which beats many standing buttons. Blows back on hit. Major frame trap button with many gatling options.
- Can be cancelled at any point during its recovery.
- Clutch Anti Air.
Vital in frame traps but loses to many lows and low profile moves, pay attention to your spacing and timing. Despite this, with the rewards, you should expect to be using this move a lot.
- Knocks down face up, face down after wallbounce.
- Frames 1-8 [1-4], Frames 14-21 [8-11] upper body invincibility.
- Frames 9-13 [5-7] above the knees invincibility.
- Wall bounces on hit (untechable for 30 frames).
- 90% proration.
Gatling Options: c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Occasional ranged button, High-risk high-reward (on CH) Anti-Air. Not particularly strong by itself.
- Decent stun and damage, but ends your combo without meter.
- Cancel window lasts until the end of recovery for late frame traps.
- Can be used in Dragon Install for higher Dizzy damage combos.
- Pushes Sol's hurtbox pretty far forward, CH state for the whole move.
- Has a difficult confirm into Grand Viper if it counters on the first hit.
6H will get counter hit very easily if used poorly. It is more difficult to contest in the air though, so air CH confirms lead to Bandit Bringer. Be very cautious about using this move.
- Dizzy modifier x1.5.
- In CH state for entire duration.
Fast, general use air normal with a very active hitbox, and which shrinks Sol's hurtbox, letting it beat a lot of moves. One of Sol's best.
- Good for airdash pressure due to its gatling options. Staggered self cancels can be used to bait bursts.
- Can let Sol sneak past some Anti Airs due to the hurtbox change.
- Easy, if scaled, confirms off of things like Gunflame.
- Leads to Burst safe, character specific Sidewinder Setups.
The Hurtbox shrinkage can let you do lower airdash crossup setups. Vital in Sol's difficult HJIAD combos. Deceptively excellent.
Gatling Options: j.P, j.K, j.S, j.H
Mainly horizontal. Useful for covering air backdashes or air-to-air out of a backwards jump. Better defensively than offensively.
- Mostly for filler in SW loops, especially when scaling is too high for j.S/ H/ D to connect.
- Occasionally useful in airdash pressure. Be careful as it will whiff on some crouchers.
Useful j.P or j.S. Works sparingly if intentionally whiffed mid-string into land > grab, or late after a j.P to catch them trying to hit buttons. Try not to whiff it.
Gatling Options: j.P, j.S, j.D
Main safe jump tool. Passable jump-in
- Primary combo tool for Sidewinder Loops
- Occasionally works as a crossup out of a backwards airdash.
- Leads to, and works as a fuzzy guard tool, converts against non-short characters with meter to RC.
Don't get 6P'd. Landed as a crossup, converts into land > c/ f.S > 5H > Fafnir. Try cancelling into an RC'd VV while airborne to go for something tricky, like VV RC airdash j.S.
Gatling Options: j.K, j.H, j.D
0 Recovery frames. Weird hurtbox. Lingers for forever. Pseudo-God Normal.
- The shrunken hurtbox can make this outright impossible to Anti-Air with some moves.
- Links into any jumping normal on hit.
- Hit meaty and high enough off the ground, Sol can airdash immediately afterwards for an airdash mixup.
Very difficult to contest in any regular fashion. Useful in Sidewinder conversions. The recovery makes opponents tear out their hair. One of Sol's most used air options.
- Untechable on air hit for 17F.
Large, damaging move with abnormally high untechable time that loops into itself, for the titular DUSTLOOP.
- Launches on hit, useful in airdash and corner combos, can convert into delayed Sidewinders for optimal damage.
- Fullscreen conversions on counter hit due to wallbounce.
- Can lead to a fuzzy guard setup (too or from), can be the fuzzy guard attack against Potemkin, Eddie, Johnny, Anji, and Justice.
Partially responsible for Sol's obscene damage output. Works with 5 in a row in one combo with a 3-hit prior starter. Teyah them to death.
- Blowback on normal hit (untechable for 27F).
- Wall bounces on CH (untechable for 54F).
- Additional 5F landing recovery.
- 90% proration.
Average throw. Unspectacular unless done in the corner. Should be OS'd with 5K, or sometimes c.S.
- Only knocks down 25% of the cast by itself. Leads to free conversions in the corner against the other 75% with 5K.
- Bandit Revolver loop leads to 15-20% damage, more meter, and knockdown.
- Sidewinder Loop does similar damage with [ 5K > j.P > j.K/S] or [ 5K > 6P > 2H > j.S/D] > SW.
Compared to Wild Throw, it's faster, safer (when OS'd), and is a reversal, but doesn't have WT's conversions or knockdown.
- Knocks down face down (character specific).
- Floats on hit.
- 50% forced proration.
A decent air throw that knocks down. Can convert in the corner, or with meter.
- Doesn't lock the opponent's burst, but is absolutely burst safe unless done right off the ground.
- Converts in the corner to 5K > BR/SW Loop/whatever, or ( f.S) > FB Fafnir from midscreen or near the corner for a knockdown and some decent damage.
- Knocks down face up.
- Floats on hit (untechable for 60F).
- Dizzy modifier x1.5.
- 50% forced proration.
Dead Angle Attack
Average, unsafe guard reversal. Overall subpar compared to Sol's other defensive options.
- Uses 6P animation, so it can still be low profiled.
- Can convert in the corner on counter hit or if hit on the last active frame.
- Loses to very low profile moves: Grand Viper, Stroke the Big Tree, etc.
- Knocks down face up.
- Frames 1-13 invincible.
- Frames 14-33 invincible to throws.
- Frames 14-23 upper body invincibility.
- Wall bounces on hit (untechable on ground hit for 28F).
- 50% proration.
Ground hugging, very active flame projectile integral to Sol's pressure and oki game. Active for long enough that when dropped on them on oki, they must either block or attempt a reversal.
- Will cover Sol's approach with an FRC. This FRC also resets pressure and Sol's position when done close enough.
- Does high damage in combos, especially in the corner.
- Can be jumped over, but the FRC lets you react and catch them.
- Counter hit state for the entire duration, making the FRC vital. Note: When GF is cancelled into, the FRC window will be delayed mid-string due to hit/blockstop.
- Advanced tech: Gunflame can be combo'd into against a grounded, crouching opponent, by cancelling into GF from a level 5 move, FRC'ing it, and linking an, at slowest 5F normal before the Gunflame goes active. E.g: xx > 2H > GF FRC > 5P > (GF hits) > xx
Very useful tool when used properly. Must be spaced closely to prevent jump outs and allow Sol back in safely mid pressure, but sharper opponents will recognize and reversal through this.
Gun Flame Feint
Fake Gunflame. Has a hitbox for some reason.
- Can make some bigger moves safer on block, or trick the opponent into thinking that you'll Gunflame.
- Can be whiffed to build meter from afar.
- Used sparingly, can frighten opponents at the end of blockstrings into another setup.
Not particularly useful with the hitbox attached, as it's counter hit state for the entire move. Best used when farther away for ambiguity. Killing with this OTG is extreme disrespect.
623S/ H (Air OK)
Godly DP with a massive hitbox. The greatest. Ever.
Ground S: Lower to the ground version.
- Can be canceled into the followup kick on whiff to mix up Sol's recovery timing. Converts to knockdown about 95% of the time.
- Leads to a full conversion if the first hit is RC'd, or if the 2nd part counter hits.
- Tied for the slowest version of the move at 7F, but with some of the most invulnerability.
- Note - all grounded versions: must be jump installed in order to airdash or double jump on RC.
Breaks through even the smallest gaps. Using the knockdown kick sets up oki, but on whiff/block, the followup puts you in CH state. Commands respect in order to be completely baited.
Air S: Easy air combo ender. Has the most leniency into combo'ing into the followup kick of any air VV.
- Also works as an air reversal, but is air blockable without FD, and is only strike invuln.
- Completely cuts Sol's air momentum when you RC the first hit, leading to airdash mixups or continued strings on block.
- This RC will make Sol fall straight down. You can TK this move and RC it immediately, and with some very tight timing, you can tag an opponent with a quick overhead before you hit the ground...
- Can convert to longer combos if the first hit is RC'd.
Ground H: Massive DP version. Big Anti-Air callout, unrivaled in combined speed and vertical reach. Eats up the sky.
- Slightly faster and more damage than the S version.
- Similarly converts if the 1st hit is RC'd or the 2nd part counter hits.
- Can be difficult to punish if done with running momentum: some characters lack the means to reach Sol without meter.
- Leniency to the followup is slightly more difficult, and must be delayed a bit.
Air H: Situational air knockdown tool with slight more damage. Higher reaching aerial VV, but not as high as the grounded version.
- Also air blockable without FD.
- Lacks the same leniency to the followup as the ground H version.
- Similarly to j.SVV, cuts air momentum when RC'd on the first hit.
Knockdown (Tataki Otoshi)
Volcanic Viper -> 214K
Used after VV to score a knockdown, or delay Sol's descent, throwing off an opponent's punish timing..
- Deceptively large hitbox. Can tag players pressing the wrong button.
- Use wisely on VV getting blocked/whiffing, as Sol is put in CH state.
- Hits overhead, but won't tag anybody this way.
- Will occasionally hit players pressing a button after VV.
Note that against heavyweight characters, Knockdown will whiff after some grounded versions of VV, depending on whether it was normal or counter hit. Know your matchups!
236K (Air Ok)
Primary BnB knockdown tool, and catches players upbacking/fuzzy jumping without FD.
- Leads to a safejump setup on knockdown.
- Minute startup invul can make it a psuedo-reversal.
- Keeps opponents grounded, though throw punishable if blocked standing.
- Use caution: the second hit is unsafe on hit if the opponent is (still) grounded.
Combo filler for high meter gain, and tool for shooting across the stage.
- Converts stray air hits into longer combos.
- Loops from 5K and c.S, mainly for corner carry and meter gain.
- Can be FRC'd before going active to propel Sol forward.
- FRC also used to extend aerial pressure strings, combos, or set up mixups.
Main conversion tool out of farther hitting j.Ds where SW Loop isn't possible. When close to the opponent, can be tk'd to start a longer combo. Tends to have more utility between moves than as a move by itself.