Adult Gohan is designed to be a strong character, words from the developers themselves. Equipped with muscular long limbs that grant him fantastic normals both quick and wide, Son Gohan has huge reach and damage. Possessing a very unique mechanic in his Potential Unleashed Install, Adult Gohan gets stronger as the match progresses. Each use of his 1-bar Super unlocks various upgrades along the way; many of them include seemingly eternal blockstrings ripe with stagger potential, buffs on all special moves with significant properties, and devastating frametraps using mediums create eruptive damage output.
Simple, yet with a tremendously high skill ceiling, Adult Gohan is for players who want to seek how much of themselves they can express through a character, and one that offers near endless space to improve.
|"I have to get stronger if I want to protect what's truly important to me."|
|Lore:||After the battle with Cell, Son Gohan/Sun Wufan grew into a kind young man and a brilliant scholar, happily married to his high school sweetheart Videl Satan (the daughter of Mr. Satan), with a young daughter named Pan. Even though he does not train with the same fervor and passion as Goku and Vegeta, his hidden potential (after being released by the Elder Supreme Kai) still remains; when it comes to blows, Gohan can still fight with the best of them.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa English: Kyle Herbert|
Adult Gohan is a crafty, pressure-style character who powers-up to create an overwhelming presence that smothers his opponents.
- Great Buttons: Fast and long range normals, especially in his mediums that can enable big punishes frequently by utilizing frametraps.
- Long Blockstrings: Blockstrings can be extended with 3L and Machine Gun Kick, enough to sufficiently recharge assists during staggers or gaps.
- Extremely Solid Pressure: 5L and j.L can threaten a 50/50 after j.236H with an assist, and 2L is a unique +0 button that can both stagger and start a frametrap.
- Fast-Fall: j.2S is a blinding Fast-Fall that amplifies his mix-up game and enables grounded assist extensions.
- Reversal: Jet Uppercut is a DP, in a game where meterless reversals are few and far between. The light version is an unscaled anti-air that starts a lot of TODs.
- High Solo Damage: Combos using j.236L and j.214H give him some of the highest solo damage available.
- Assist Variety: A is the fastest hitting DP assist, and B gives high blockstun with ample time to hit confirm.
- Potential Unleashed: 1-Super has low damage, and the short range can make it whiff on some DHCs.
- Micro Management: Players need to be cognizant if Adult Gohan is currently powered-up or not.
- The Need to Level-up: Although unlikely, if Adult Gohan somehow cannot level-up during the entire game, he misses out on some combo, pressure, and neutral tools.
- Ki Blast: 5S is nice, but the lack of traditional ki blasts is a hole on an arguably fundamental part of the neutral.
Every time Potential Unleashed is used, Adult Gohan levels up, improving his abilities and damage. He begins every match at Level 0, and can gain up to 7 levels. Potential Unleashed bonuses remain for the rest of the match.
Level 1 Moveset Changes
- Attacks more rapidly
- Medium and Heavy versions travel further when forward input is held.
- Heavy version is active for twice as long and deals twice as many hits after hitting the opponent.
- Medium Jet Uppercut gains 1 additional hit per level from Level 1 to 3.
- Heavy Jet Uppercut gains 1 additional hit per level from Level 1 to 7.
- All attack's damage is increased by 2% per level from Level 2 to 6. Total damage increased is 10% at level 6.
- At Level 7, Adult Gohan can chain any normals into any other normals ("Reverse Beat").