Bardock likes to get in the opponent's face and rough them up, and is very good at both. His special moves are spectacular, and its accompanied by excellent buttons to add icing on the cake. Neutral is an abstract concept Bardock has never had to think about; Rebellion Spear, and the black hole that is his 5LL, ignore having to play it entirely. After he's won neutral, Bardock has extremely solid pressure with frame data as top-notch as you can ask for, and a pressure reset with Tyrant Lancer that can double as a devastating combo starter. Bardock's assists are also first-class, and combined with DBFZ's universal mechanics, he fits like a glove anywhere on the team. Aside all these good factors however, Bardock's simple gameplan can make him predictable to block without having to utilize assist-specific mix-ups, or universal 50/50s that also use assists.
Bardock is DBFZ's version of a swiss-army knife. You can approach this character with solid fundamentals, or dare play him "unga bunga", arguably both "can" be fine. Any new tech or maneuver in the game, he can probably do it, and do it well. Bardock is the man.
|"It's up to me now...I'm...I'm gonna change the future!"|
|Lore:||The biological father of Kakarot. A low class Saiyan warrior, however the head of a team colloquially named the "Bardock Squad". After travelling to planet Kanassa, home of clairvoyant aliens that he had been hired by Frieza to kill, his team was killed by Dodoria, and Bardock was granted clairvoyance by the last remaining Kanassan. With this power, he discovered that Frieza planned to eradicate the entire Saiyan race and made a bold last stand. In the end, he was completely overpowered and destroyed, along with Planet Vegeta and the near entirety of his people. He died happy, however, after receiving a vision that his son, Kakarot, would defeat the tyrant and avenge his fallen race...|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa English: Sonny Strait|
Bardock is a brawler character who excels in the neutral game with his combination of fast and far-reaching attacks.
- Easy: Incredibly low execution for his universal BnB's.
- Brawny Buttons: Extremely solid moves boasting ridiculous hitboxes. 5LL infamously brings opponents down for easy hit-confirms and assist extensions.
- Commanding Neutral: Very oppressive neutral game, enforced by his vacuum normals and tremendously quick lariat, Rebellion Spear.
- Strong Staggers: Excellent stagger capabilities, with every normal outside of his heavies being safe on block.
- Absurd Assists: A is a long-range fast strike, useful in neutral and combos, and B has an incredibly high amount of hitstun and blockstun.
- Assist Reliant: Only has straightforward mix-ups without assists.
- Difficult Left/Right: Cross-ups can be difficult due to the nature of his j.M.
- Post-Super Okizeme: Unremarkable knockdown after Revenge Assault, only receiving a safe jump afterwards.