|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
Cell is a pretty good point. He has all the mixups, the neutral, and the meter gain you could expect from a point, and assists makes those strengths even more potent. And, on top of all this, his damage is insane. If you get 214M'd by a cornered Cell, you will die.
As of the 1.16 patch, Cell's assist got much better for lockdown and confirms. It's at a less sharp angle than Vegeta's, but it has about the same usefulness as his in the corner. It also has the added benefit of not being superdashable. If you get 214M'd by a cornered Cell, you will still die. Even with one assist, if he gets a good hit, you will feel it.
Cell is pretty self sufficient in anything he does, the only problem is defense. He's easily fuzzied, and his only reversal that isn't level 3 is only air attack invincible.
- Goku and Goku Black both provide very strong neutral assists to Cell
- Post Nerf Vegeta assist is still his best assist for extending combos
- Lockdown assist such as Kid Buu's are great for setting up 214 L/M mixups
- 2L > 5L/2L > (5LL) > 2M > 5M > (5MM) > 6H > 5H > (5S) > 236X/214L/214M
In the corner you can catch people with Cell's 214S command grab because of how easily he scares people into blocking. Sometimes you can also use 2S, if it catches them off guard and they don't reflect, you're +2.
Tips and Tricks
- Cell's air beam is at a really good angle for attacking ground opponents from around super jump height. It is easily punishable on whiff, so don't abuse it.
- 5M4M is really useful, so don't forget it.
- The corner loops are really not all that hard to learn.
- Due to his size, Cell is quite vulnerable to fuzzy setups