Cooler has a brutish build and shows off his raw power to skip neutral, but is a surprisingly solid and balanced character. Cooler has very good mid-screen control thanks to his absolutely huge normals, divekicks and j.S, as well as long strings that have plenty stagger and frame trap opportunities. The most notable thing that Cooler can do is counter metas or predictable strategies. Cooler's Genocidal Uppercut (3H) lunges him forward with a projectile and air invulnerable charge for about 70% of the screen, and can be cancelled into 5S on block to make it either safe or plus if the opponent is still in the air. With these tools used properly, Cooler can counter many keepaway strategies and lock down the opponent. Complete with a DPDragon PunchA move that has invulnerability during its startup, long recovery, and a rising motion. and a frame 1 counter Level 3, Cooler is well-rounded and can go toe to toe with anyone, and their pitiful beam assists too.
|"I'm not short-sighted like my brother. I will be sure to exterminate every last one of you!"|
|Lore:||Cooler is Frieza's older brother and the eldest son of King Cold. After hearing of the demise of his brother, Cooler went to Earth to kill the Saiyan responsible for it, not out of family love, but honor, as he always considered himself superior to his little brother, and to show it, he developed his own transformation to surpass Frieza. Even with his new transformation, he would still be vanquished by the selfsame Saiyan that defeated his younger brother.|
Cooler is an all-arounder who dominates the battlefield with oppressive range, in barbaric contrast to his brother.
- Gigantic Buttons: Big range and utility on normals like Genocidal Uppercut, an anti air that beats projectiles.
- Space Control: Commands the screen with Death Chaser, Flash, Shaker, and the aforementioned 3H.
- Corner Carry: Strong corner carry abilities like 5H that will almost always lead to the corner after a combo.
- Defense: Death Breaker is a huge air-OK reversal, and Atomic Supernova is a counter-based level 3 that can beat safejump set-ups.
- Solid Pressure: Multiple pressure options along with a couple of good staggers and frametraps.
- Slow: Slow normals and specials, along with hurtboxes as big as his hitboxes. His normals are somewhat safe thanks to pushback, but can be made safe with 5S.
- Side-Switches: A lot of Cooler's moves side-switch at inopportune times, likely a price for his vast corner carry.
- Whiff Punishment: Huge hurtboxes paired with lengthy recovery make Cooler susceptible to whiff punishes.
- Solo Combos: His basic combo structure leads to an arguably average damage output.
- Assists in Neutral: Both assists have relatively slow start-up, limiting their usefulness in neutral.