- Damage: Very high damage with meter and assists, which can also be boosted by taking off his shirt. (uwu)
- Grappling: Excels at grappling the opponent with quick grabs, anti-air grabs, OTG grabs, you name it. Heavy Gigantic Fury (214H) is particularly egregious.
- Assist-friendly: Broly's combo routes are very adaptable and almost any assist with a hitbox will give an easy extension.
- Versatile supers: Solid supers that do high damage and enable a lot of Z change potential.
- Super Armor: Many common scramble situations are heavily slanted in his favor due to the armor on 5H and 236S.
- Range: Very good long range game. Solid 5S, j.S can beat superdash but has high landing recovery, Eraser Blow (236S) is armored and recovers extremely quickly, and a beam normal. Generally insane range on all of his normals, such as 5M, j.L, 5H or 2L.
- Versatile assists: All of his assists are amazing for controlling space in neutral. Assist B, in particular, is excellent at shutting down opponents in the air.
- Corner Carry: Ridiculous corner carry thanks to j.2H, 5H, j.236H and Gigantic Heave. (214S) Can easily drag the opponent from corner to corner.
- Unorthodox: Extremely unorthodox combo routes and playstyle compared to nearly every other character. Requires high awareness to optimise and confirm combos efficiently.
- Big hurtbox: Big frame, meaning he gets hit by certain moves a lot easier than other characters do.
- Slow: Normals are on the slower side, along with holding the crown for slowest 5L in the game at TEN FRAMES.
- Requires assists: Quite assist-dependant to get conversions off of his grabs midscreen, or knockdowns.
- Poor blockstrings: Not a single one of his normals is safe on block, and the specials that make him safe can usually be reflected.