DBS Broly is a rushdown grappler, a combination fitting for a caveman. The main thing that sells Broly is his outrageously high damage, a corner BnB can kill even the healthiest character, and he can drag the opponent to said corner quite easily. Broly's neutral is serviceable enough to catch the opponents as well, especially his projectiles. Once Broly gets in, he has a very large array of frame traps to keep opponents still. Broly's critical weakness is his speed, his mixup options are somewhat slow and his pressure is unsafe, but thankfully his damage can paralyze opponents into getting hit any way. Overall, Broly hits like a dump truck and should be treated as such. His A and B assists are both solid, so he can still work off of Point if need be. If you like characters who hit very, very hard then put Broly on your team and watch health bars melt.
Note: Commonly referred to as S Broly by the community, to differentiate him from the other Broly.
|Lore:||Born around the same time as Prince Vegeta (and a few years before Kakarot, AKA Son Goku), Broly was placed in the elite nursery chamber due to his overwhelming powerlevel that apparently went higher than readers could scan. Because of this, King Vegeta banished Broly to a distant planet, thought to be uninhabitable. His father Paragus attempted to save him by giving chase, yet he too ended up getting stranded on the planet. In order to make the best out of a bad situation, he decided to train the young Broly. Many years later, their distress signal was found by members of the Frieza Force and were allowed to join it due to also wanting revenge on the Saiyans. Broly started off being almost no match for the pair, but as the fight went on his power started skyrocketing. However, tragedy struck in the middle of battle, as a “stray energy blast” accidentally killed Paragus. This death caused Broly to transform into a Super Saiyan, pushing him far beyond the limits of a Saiyan and being a tough match for Goku and Vegeta.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Bin Shimada English: Johnny Yong Bosch|
DBS Broly is an aggressive, versatile grappler who tears down his foes with his gigantic tool-kit, relentless frame traps, and a manifold of command grabs.
- Versatile Combos: Long, versatile combos with great corner carry and high average damage.
- Wide Range of Projectiles: Great ranged game with solid projectiles like 5S, 2S, Raging Quake, and Eraser Blow allow him to control the screen very well.
- Normals: 5M and 5H reach far and have high priority. 2L has a large horizontal hitbox that's great as a pseudo anti-air and for covering tech options.
- Gigantic Fury: Command grab that leads into massive damage that can also anti-air. Often scares opponents into opening themselves up.
- High Hitstun Assists: All of his assists are amazing for controlling space in neutral and combos.
- Frame Data: No normals are safe on block and their slow speed makes stagger pressure borderline impossible.
- Mix-up: Mix-up options are slow and he relies on frametraps to open opponents.
- Resource Hungry: Needs resources for his options in damage and neutral.