- Powerful Space-Control: Loads and loads of projectiles to keep the enemy at bay.
- Incredible EX Move: EX Death Slash is an instant screenfiller that only costs half a bar and is safe.
- Good Pressure: Solid framedata, especially on 2M, and a pressure reset in Death Saucer that simultaneously enables tricky mixups.
- Good Support Value: Fast, powerful and annoying assists that allow him to go just about anywhere on a team.
- Golden Frieza: Golden Frieza is one of the best supers in the game, enabling for terrifying and deadly comeback potential thanks to its speed, damage and reverse beat. Sparking also pauses its timer, and it combined with Limit Break gives Frieza a whopping 40% damage boost. It even increases the damage of his assists.
- Zoner in a game favoring Rushdown: Projectiles deal nearly no chip damage, there's no chip kill, and blocking charges meter. Every character is mobile and can punish zoning just by superjumping, or with special moves like Bardock's 236L.
- Anti-Airs: Frieza's ability to stop people from jumping over his projectiles is limited outside of his 2S. His 2H also leaves a blind spot above him and is ignored by projectile immunity.
- Mix-up: Although Death Saucer gives Frieza left-right mixups, his j.M is inadequate for high-low mixup and his other options are quite slow.