- Strong mixup and pressure game, many of his specials are safe on block and can lead to tricky resets, as well as being able to set up very long blockstrings that can be mixed up in various different ways
- Small frame can make it so certain combos do not work on him, and can help him avoid certain moves
- Galactic Donuts Assist has arguably has the highest peak utility assist in the game; can be used to extend certain combos, get meterless sliding knockdowns and snapbacks, and has nifty block pressure with it's absurdly high amount of blockstun.
- Has incredible oki with 236H+S, allowing Gotenks to set up incredible pressure or reset scenarios for very little resources
- One of the few characters in season 3 to still have post-snap oki thanks to 214H, which allows him to still keep opponents in check with it
- Amazing air-to-air options in moves such as j.5L, which basically drags the opponent down to the ground on hit very easily and allows you to either continue pressure or reset them with a Dragon Rush.
- Has a meterless snapback with 214M at the corner.
- Assist A is not great in neutral, as it's tracking is rather lackluster, which also may hurt it in certain midscreen blockstrings. Also has a skill floor, requiring a bit of labbing to implement in a team.
- Buttons are a bit stubby, they can easily whiff or be beaten by something that is better.
- Two of his better pressure tools require meter, which can cause him to burn a lot of meter.
- A lot of his plus frame options can be backdashed and end his pressure, making it hard for Gotenks to really keep advantage going.
- Mixups without 236H+S or assists present can be a little weak.