- Extremely Solid Mix-ups: 2S is a command jump that retains air options, Mystic Ball can be ridiculous on block with assists, and Arm Ball enables pure lockdown.
- Ridiculous Pressure: Can do several overheads from range on top of of Kid Buu's relentless capabilities.
- Frightening Neutral: Medium buttons go far distances, and Kid Buu is blessed with an aerial beam and good ki blasts.
- Small: Being short and small makes him difficult to hit compared to other more normal-sized characters.
- Anti-Air Grab: Mystic Arm Swing is an anti-air command grab that can become a substitute for the lackluster 2H.
- Great Assist Selection: A has the highest blockstun in the game and can enable nearly every type of mix-up, B is a fast strike assist, and C is a beam.
- Low Damage: Reliant on resources to extend damage output, and lots of moves have below-average scaling.
- Committal Anti-Air: Kid Buu's 2H has a comically small hitbox and Mystic Arm Swing is both more committal and less rewarding on hit.
- Post-Super Okizeme: Ironically, Planet Burst does not have a good knockdown, contrary to the rest of his kit.