|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
|This page has been marked for cleanup.
This can be for a variety of reasons including but not limited to: spelling mistakes, unnecessary information, poor formatting, and other metrics per common sense reasoning.
Consider helping rewrite it.
|This page is missing significant information. You can help by editing it.|
|"I may not look like it, but I've seen a lot, so you'd better not underestimate me."|
|Lore:||Originally training at the Orin Temple until running away to escape bullying from his peers, Krillin trained with Goku under Master Roshi in their youth and is considered the series' strongest full-blooded human fighter. He would become one of Goku's best friends and most stalwart allies, even after Goku surpassed him as a martial artist. After Cell's defeat, he would go on to marry Android 18, having a daughter with her named Marron and eventually finding work as a police officer in Satan City.|
|Krillin is a short character with short reaching normals that can make straight forward approaches somewhat difficult. However, he makes up for this in other ways with more tricky options such as his Afterimage Strike and the utility he can add to your team with his Senzu Bean assist.|
- 5L has the range of SSJ Goku's jab.
- 5LL counts as grounded.
Moves him forward a decent amount, good for pressure
- 5LLL counts as grounded.
- One of the better-reaching standing mediums in the game with a lot of forward momentum.
- The fastest startup for a 5M in the game.
- Similar to his 5M, it has one of the better-reaching standing Heavies in the game with a lot of forward momentum.
- Tied with a few other characters for the fastest startup for a 5H in the game, but still slower than Adult Gohan.
- Krillin fires two projectiles simultaneously, the first prorating the second's damage to 400.
- Pressing S again while the projectiles are active causes them to angle upwards, coming back down to hit the ground after 60~ frames.
- Press 4S to redirect only one of the blasts.
- The properties of the Ki blasts differ when their angle is changed:
- A linear hit will keep the opponent standing.
- Falling Ki blasts will pop opponent up in the air, but hitstun is still the same as a direct hit.
- One of Krillin's lows. Has short range.
- Krillin's main low normal.
Sliding low, much less range than 5M.
- The range speaks for itself.
Standard anti-air option with Krillin. Has short range so you need to let the opponent get deep before throwing it out. Has low recovery making it hard to whiff punish.
Landing this correctly means you could probably land 2H with every character.
- Causes an explosion on the ground that launches Krillin to the same height of a normal neutral jump.
- If it hits the opponent on the ground, they too are launched to the same height as Krillin.
- Krillin can hold forward or back during his launch to move in that direction near the apex of the jump with better lateral speed than a normal jump.
- Allowing him to jump during a blockstring, Krillin can always attempt an escape and a variety of mixups.
- On hit, Krillin can follow up immediately with buttons if he moves forward towards the launched opponent.
- Universal overhead.
- Has short range.
Mostly used during an aerial blockstring.
- Good air to air normal.
Hits twice, but getting both hits to connect in combos can be finnicky depending on the juggle height.
-  is on Smash hit.
- Sends the opponent downwards.
- Stops Krillin's air momentum
- Pressing S again or 2S after the Ki blasts have been fired will make them curve downward towards the ground.
- Pressing 8S will curve the Ki blasts up, then they will fall back to the ground slightly further forward.
- These can be combined with left or right inputs to also give Krillin air momentum: 4S/1S moves left and curves down, 3S/6S moves right and curves down, 7S moves left and curves up, 9S moves right and curves up.
- Sends the opponent upwards.
- Fires a Ki blast directly down below Krillin.
Good for beating anti-air attempts directly below Krillin.
236L/M/H (Air OK)
- Hold the button to make the Krillin that jumps forward into an afterimage instead.
Doesn't go far but has quick startup. Air version is ideal for ending corner air combos as it causes sliding KD and sends him toward the ground, giving him plenty of time to set up oki. Just keep in mind that in combos with too much hitstun scaling, 236L may allow the opponent to tech before they hit the ground. j.H should be used as the ender for these combos.
- Hold the button to make the Krillin that jumps forward into an afterimage instead.
The M version goes further and is more suited for neutral than pressure. Used from up close this move will likely whiff over your opponent's head.
- Feinting the ground version makes Krillin run in below the afterimage.
- Feinting the air version makes Krillin fall to the ground.
A tricky tool, but the ground feint is risky since it moves you close. The air version is very fast and done immediately from a jump attacks very low to the ground.
214L/M/H (Air OK)
- Krillin auto jumps if used on the ground, has enough height to airdash before he lands.
- Beans will heal all blue health for Krillin and his teammates, but will only heal 1000 blue health for the opponent.
- L turns around a throw a bean offscreen, heals Assist 1 if they're still alive, and even if they're on screen.
- M turns around a throw a bean offscreen, heals Assist 2 if they're still alive, and even if they're on screen.
- H turns around and bounces a bean off the wall back to him.
- Bean can only be picked up once it's on the ground.
- If you miss, it will stay on the ground for about 5 seconds. During this time your assists, the opponent, and their assists can also pick it up.
236S (Chargeable) (Air OK)
-  is holding down S.
- Wall bounces.
- Holding the button will allow Krillin to jump around while charging. Can't superjump nor airdash.
- Can only charge for a limited amount of time if he stays on the ground.
- While in air, can be hold indefinitely and released on demand. However, the instant Krillin touches the ground he will shoots it out.
Standard tool for zoning that beats super dash. The ability to hold a charge as well as use it in the air makes it a bit more versatile than some other beams.
- Has a large hitbox both vertically and horizontally, and long hitstun.
- Has anti-air properties.
- Hold the button to prevent the automatic follow-up on hit.
Safe on block and can be plus on air block. Good move to frame trap with at the end of a string, ideally with an assist behind it to continue pressure on block and pick up a combo on hit. Gives a lot of Ki on hit.
22L/M/H (Air OK)
- Krillin auto jumps if used on the ground, but doesn't gain enough height to do anything afterward.
- Stones can bounce off the corner. Hitbox will be disabled if Krillin gets hit.
- L throws a stone right in front of him.
- M throws a stone full screen.
- H throws both L and M stones at the same time.
- Stays in front of the point character and throws 2 stones like 22H.
- Inputting 4A1/A2 will cause him to stay behind the point character and throw a Senzu Bean at them.
- Senzu Bean appears at the 34th frame.
Senzu Bean can be a decent reversal of momentum, however, it provides no space control, and can even be picked up by the opponent. Be careful when using this assist, as it can backfire without proper coverage.
- Krillin performs the best kind of assist in the game. Sweet justice.
- Teleports to the opponent and does 214S.
- On hit, teleports again behind them and knocks them down into a ground bounce SKD.
236L+M or 236H+S
- Invulnerable from frames 9 to 15.
- Each additional button press throws one more disc for one extra meter. Can throw a total of 5 discs.
- Deals significant chip damage on block.
- Minimum damage: 800, 300*3, 500.
- Can be curved by holding up just like Android 18's and Base Vegeta's 236S discs.
Mashing additional discs is less efficient damage for meter than using a DHC or level 3, but it can be good to do if one super just barely won't kill and you want to keep Krillin in.
Scattering Energy Wave
214L+M or 214H+S
- Invulnerable from frames 1 to 21
- Costs 3 bars.
- First half of the move is a Lv3 beam, but the second half is only Lv1 projectiles that can be super dashed through.
- The projectile cloud can be used for unreactable mixups with the correct setups. It is very difficult to see like Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, albeit at thrice the cost.
- No matter which part hits first, using this raw will always deal 100% recoverable health and doesn't give Krillin any followup opportunity.
- Minimum damage: 1660.
After Krillin sends the beam upward the projectiles will stay on top of his opponent's current location. If this is blocked at close range, the opponent will have a hard time landing a full combo punish.
|To edit frame data, edit values in DBFZ/Krillin/Data. Be sure to update both the |
- Android 16[★]
- Android 17[★]
- Android 18[★]
- Android 21[★]
- Broly (DBS)[★]
- Captain Ginyu[★]
- Gogeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Gohan (Teen)[★]
- Gohan (Adult)[★]
- Goku (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Goku (SSGSS)[★]
- Goku (Ultra Instinct)[★]
- Goku (GT)[★]
- Goku Black[★]
- Kid Buu[★]
- Majin Buu[★]
- Master Roshi[★]
- Super Baby 2[★]
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Vegeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Vegito (SSGSS)[★]
- Zamasu (Fused)[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data