- Zoning Tools: Versatile projectiles with controllable ki blasts and chargeable Kamehameha gives Krillin a decent ranged game.
- Healer: Can be annoying to deal with due to his infinite Senzu Beans, allowing him to constantly heal his teammates' blue life or even his own.
- Pressure Tools: Multiple tools to reset pressure with tools like Stone Throw, Afterimage feints, and 2S.
- Mid-screen Solo Damage: By using j5S to solo rejump in mid-screen combos, Krillin can deal heavy damage without the use of any assists
- Okizeme: Excellent okizeme tools. Solar flare and Stone Throw both being immune to reflect push-back allowing him cover all tech options when paired with an assist.
- Fast Normals: Has some of the best normals in terms of frame data, 5M in particular having amazing range and low recovery making him very hard to whiff punish on top of his short stature.
- Stubby normals: Stubby normals, make it hard for Krillin to get in without taking a risk.
- Poor Defense: Krillin' 2H is undeniably the worst 2H in the game, tiny hitbox can make punishing IAD cross ups extremely difficult.
- Assist Reliant: Solo-pressure is extremely gimmicky. Assist are a necessity for opening up good turtles.
- High commitment projectiles: Most of his projectiles are highly committal with high recovery and don't convert into pressure in most cases making them high risk/low reward.