|SSGSS Goku has a similar fighting style to that of the original, but brings a playstyle consisting of strong mobility options. He can open up opponents easily with several lows, teleports, command grabs and mixups, allowing him to overwhelm his opponents, offsetting their defense and punishing them with furious blows.
- Strong neutral options: Very powerful ki blast, j.S in particular keeps your air momentum making it extremely strong, Divine Void Strike which beats ki blast, Dragon Flash Kick and Instant Transmission.
- Epic 2M of death: Very active, very fast, high reward and surprisingly short recovery. SSB Goku's 2M is one of the best of its kind.
- Extremely scary at close range: Good stagger, fast lows, unreactable command grab.
- Easy sliding knockdowns: Has multiple, meterless, sliding knockdowns from anywhere on screen using Dragon Flash Kick or Instant Transmission.
- Very high corner combo damage: SSB Goku's corner loops give him extremely high damage, solo or assisted.
- Versatile Supers: Supers are very easy to combo into and deal high damage.
- Very high skill ceiling: His best combo routes require above average execution and awareness.
- High commitment: His neutral tools while good, most are very high commitment and need to be timed well. Prefers neutral assists to function well, as he can't reliably get in by himself.
- Can be resource dependent: Requires alot of condition to open opponents up without using heavy Dragon Flash Kick mix-ups. High risk neutral without assist.