- Easy to play: Low barrier to entry, with simple BnBs and straight-forward gameplan.
- Toolkit: Solid toolkit, allowing him to adapt to most situations.
- Pressure: Terrific stagger pressure capabilities, with 5L, 5LL, 5M, and 2L being safe on block and the ability to reverse beat many of his normals.
- Buttons: Amazing buttons, with 5L being one of the best of its kind.
- Anti-anti air: j.S is a great anti-anti-air that leads into high reward on hit. It's also particularly useful in combos.
- Atomic Buster: Atomic Buster is an all-around fantastic move, acting both as a great anti-air and meterless sliding knockdown.
- Explosive damage output: Boasts among the highest solo damage in the game with resources.
- Supers: Versatile supers that deal good damage and are easy to combo into.
- Great assists: Solid selection of assists, making him a flexible option during team composition.
- Basic mix-up: High/low mix-up game is basic.
- Slower than average 5L: 5L is 7F, limiting plus frames and opportunities to challenge gaps during blockstrings.
- Midscreen knockdown: Cannot naturally put the opponent into the corner from midscreen without spending resources.
- Highly commital: Normals and counter-pokes have high recovery on whiff.