Goku (Super Saiyan), now on referred to as SS Goku, is this game's resident shotoShort for "Shotokan"A character archetype defined by being similar in some way to Ryu from Street Fighter. Shotos usually have a horizontal fireball, an invulnerable reversal, and a forward moving special move. and an excellent Anchor for any team. Very simple to pick up and effective at nearly every level, SS Goku can do just about anything with his very solid tools and can ensure your other characters can do the same thanks to his amazing assists. SS Goku has good normals, a solid beam, and great pressure. However, his mix-up is a little poor, relying on more orthodox methods of opening up the opponent. Thankfully, SS Goku can fake-out a cross-up with his Kamehameha which helps that a little.
|"I am a warrior, pure of heart, awakened by rage. I am the legendary Super Saiyan, Son Goku!"|
|Lore:||Born "Kakarot", Son Goku (named directly after the Japanese naming of Journey to the West protagonist Sun Wukong) was sent to Earth shortly before the Saiyan race was driven to extinction by Frieza. Found and cared for by martial artist Grandpa Gohan, and brought up by the Turtle Hermit, Master Roshi, Goku would eventually grow into a young man, with both a burning passion for testing his might against other fighters and a strong sense of justice. His journey to Namek leads him face the monstrous Frieza, who murders his best friend Krillin, his pure rage awakening the forgotten Super Saiyan transformation, the first in possibly thousands of years. Since then, Goku has pushed the form to its' limits, stepping up to face challenging opponents time and time again, although never forgetting his love for a good fight, which often gets in Goku's way.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa English: Sean Schemmel|
SS Goku is a balanced, fundamental character with solid tools.
- Jack of All Trades: Well-rounded, allowing him to adapt to nearly every situation.
- Self Sufficient: Overall moveset compliments his preferred role as the Anchor.
- Damage: High damage, especially at the corner.
- Space Control: Multi-directional beams give him a strong neutral and zoning.
- Assist Variety: A is a beam, and B is two fast strikes that grant high blockstun.
- Mix-ups: Relies on universal options and fake-outs to open up opponents.
- Post-Super Okizeme: Knockdown after Meteor Smash side-switches and places opponents full-screen.
- 2M: His only low is very slow and unsafe, unviable for stagger pressure and also obliterates his high/low mix-up game along with any good damage opportunities.