- Solid Mix-ups: Has multiple quick lows, an overhead, and a command grab.
- Super Damage: All his Supers boast some of the highest damage in the game even after scaling and efficient meterburn options in both kinds of Tri-Beams.
- Sparking! Upgrades: Sparking! more than halves the HP loss for Tri-Beams and also unlocks j.236H's use as an instant blockstring overhead.
- Potential Damage: Multipliers like Limit Break/Sparking! in tandem with Supers enable Tien to inflict massive damage off single conversions.
- Full-screen Okizeme: Telekinesis can put the opponent on block anywhere shortly after a sliding knockdown.
- Assist Variety: A is good for neutral, B is nice in blockstrings, and both are useful for combo extensions.
- Honest: Buttons are stubby, and has no reliably safe approach options in neutral.
- Meter Hog: Unremarkable damage without bar, and unreasonable to place in a position outside Anchor.
- Sacrifice: All Tri-beams consume unrecoverable health each time they are used.
- Fragility: The level of harm he sustains puts a cap on the amount of meterburn damage he can dish out.
- Ability Loss: Farewell, Tien... can only be used once, and after usage, Tien loses access to 214S and its ability to be an assist.