- Solid Mix-ups: Has multiple quick lows, an overhead, and a command grab.
- Super Damage: All his Supers boast some of the highest damage in the game even after scaling.
- The King of Dumping Meter: Has very efficient meterburn options in both kinds of Tri-Beams, rendering it simple to erase any leftover health.
- Sparking! Upgrades: Sparking! more than halves the HP loss for Tri-Beams, making multiple much more affordable. j.236L also becomes a nigh-unreactable overhead that can be TigerKneed'd in a blockstring.
- Further Damage Upgrades: Multipliers like Limit Break and Sparking! in tandem with Supers enable Tien to inflict massive chunks of damage, or even down the enemy, all off a single conversion.
- Full-screen Okizeme: Telekinesis can be used to put the opponent on block anywhere, and can be risky to reflect due to it's ambiguous timing.
- Assist Variety: Both assists are amazing for combo extension and blockstring pressure.
- Sacrifice: All Tri-beams consume unrecoverable health each time they are used.
- Fragility: The level of harm he sustains puts a cap on the amount of meterburn damage he can dish out.
- Meter Hog: Unremarkable damage without meter or assist usage, and may be unreasonable to place in a position other than Anchor.
- Honest Neutral: His normals are stubby and he has no reliably safe approach options. Dodon Ray also has a small hitbox for a beam girth-wise.
- Ability Loss: Farewell, Tien... can only be used once, and after usage, Tien loses access to 214S and its ability to be an assist.