- Advancing Buttons: Many normals (5LL, 5M, 2M) have good reach and move Trunks forward.
- Massive Mobility: Cyclone Jump, Shining Slash, and Cyclone Buster all greatly supplement aerial movement. 214H offers a ton of control, allowing for ambiguous cross-ups and side-switches in air combos.
- Sparking! Upgrade: In Sparking!, 5LLL gives Trunks a built-in left/right mix-up on block and is heavily enhanced with jump-cancel, allowing for very unreactable mix-ups.
- Space Control: 214S is huge, safe on block, immune to ki blasts, and can also be used meaty. 5S and j.S are also small beams that blow through most other ki blasts.
- Assist Variety: Trunk's flexibility is superb among team compositions, as both assists fulfill very useful caveats.
- Blockstrings: Cannot true-string into safe blockstring enders without gaps or additional resources.
- Susceptible Mobility: Cyclone Jumps, and the startup of Shining Slash, can be beat by superdashes and anti-airs if the opponent does not respect them.
- High/Low: His only low is 2M, making his standard high/low mix-up game less than ideal.
- Whiffing Ki Blasts: Ki blasts are committal and have high recovery. The aerial ones also have narrow angles.