- Incredible Team Value: Support value is among the highest in the game between his excellent set of assists. Spirit Ball can link into his Level 3, and 5LLL allows the ability to switch out characters while maintaining pressure.
- Best EX in the Game: Flash is arguably one of the best moves in the game. With its high priority, extremely fast start-up, and fast recovery, Flash can be used to pin down Yamcha's opponent or to catch practically any whiff punish or recovery. Flash is also amazing during Yamcha's rekka pressure, as it allows him to do fast crossups.
- Incredible Momentum: Can convert every combo into a sliding knockdown with Gale Claw, M Wolf Fang Fist Finisher, or Spirit Ball, making him a very solid battery.
- Double Super: Can set up double supers because of his ability chain Spirit Ball into Ultimate Wolf Fang Fist, which can significantly boost his damage.
- Long Blockstrings: Easy self-sustaining blockstrings when supported by the proper assists.
- Heavily Meter Reliant: Lower than average damage, as he needs to use resources to do damage that the rest of the cast can normally do during solo combos. Flash is his best tool for many situations but it requires Ki to execute. Double super is strong but it takes 4 bars to do only slightly more damage than most other character's Level 3's.
- Small Range: Normals are on the stubbier side and can be awkward to use in pressure and in neutral situations.
- Unorthodox Normals: Limited gatling paths, resulting in rather predictable pressure without assist usage. His 5M and 5H are slow and can be easily reflected, creating holes in his pressure.