EXVSMBON/System Changes from Full Boost
- 1 Base System Changes
- 2 Extreme Actions
- 3 Combat Related Changes
- 4 Navigation
Base System Changes
1000 cost suits are now 1500 cost, along with HP increases.
Some suits (Arios Gundam for example) got upgraded to 2500 cost.
Teammate's armor is displayed on the HUD above the player's.
Most suits appear to consume less boost gauge when performing a boost dash.
1500 cost suits have approximately 7 boost dashes per boost gauge, 2500 cost suits have 8, and 3000 cost suits have 8+.
Step consumes less boost gauge, especially Rainbow Step.
Boost Dash Step Cancel
Boost dashes can now be canceled into a step at any time as opposed to only in Blast Burst. This reduces the importance of jump canceling.
Pressing the jump button (C) after a boost dash or step now carries a lot more of momentum. Fuwa steps also move your suit a greater distance.
G Gundam Re-ground
G Gundam suits can reground themselves and do a ground dash immediately upon landing.
Blue Landings have more landing recovery.
A penalty occurs after staying in overheat for 25 seconds. A sound effect plays, the player will become immobilized falling towards the ground unable to issue inputs except for EX Burst. Landing or getting hit will cancel the penalty.
Combat Related Changes
EX Burst System
Assault Burst and Blast Burst are replaced with Fighting Burst, Shooting Burst, and Extend Burst (Note: Fighting Burst and Shooting Burst were first introduced in Maxi Boost as Overdrives, instead of EX Bursts).
Wake-up invincibility time has been increased, making wake-up melee easier and okizeme more difficult.
Red Lock Range
Red lock range is about 80% of what suits had in Full Boost.
- Projectile speed has not been increased but the size of them is noticeably larger.
- Beam Rifle shots are noticeably thicker (about 3×). Beam Shots that cause Down in one shot are the same size.
- Compared to Full Boost, the tracking and startup of ranged moves was nerfed slightly while the muzzle correction was noticeably nerfed (this depends on the suit).
Cost Specific Guts Scaling
- Each cost has different scaling for guts. 2500 cost and 2000 cost have similar scaling but 2000 cost has the same defense bonus as 1500 cost.
- 3000 cost suits have the lowest guts scaling while 1500 cost suits have the highest guts scaling.
Melee Boost Consumption
Almost all melee moves no longer consume boost while hitting an opponent.
If a hit that causes a ground bounce reaches the down threshold, the hit player will still bounce as opposed to receiving a normal knock down.