- Space Control: f.M and 2M along with 214L allow Bubs to control lots of space with ease.
- Versatile Fireball: 236X fireballs are very versatile, with the medium version forcing a superjump and all versions being chargeable to be plus on block make them great options in pressure and at a range.
- Air Approach: j.214X is an anti-anti-air divekick that can be plus on block if spaced well. j.U hits at an obnoxious angle and can be canceled into j.214X for even more pressure.
- Quality Specials: The grounded version of 214X is also useful, 214L causes a knockdown at any range, can combo from his main pokes, is safe on block and does a good amount of chip, while 214M hits low and wallbounces on counterhit.
- Slippery: Has an invincible reversal that covers crossup and a teleport, allowing him to slip out of pressure and the corner with relative ease.
- Invincible Command Grab: Oppressive command grab which beats mash and can be used as a reversal when he has meter.
- Risky Options: Black hole and teleport are extremely risky callout options.
- Special Overlap: 214X and j.214X are tied to the same cooldown, making it too valuable to be spent lightly.
- Slow Reversal: His DP has poor startup allowing other characters to recover fast enough to block it in a lot of cases.
- Damage: One of his main juggle tools (22X) takes up a hit of combo count while only doing 100 damage. This results in lower average damage in corner combos.