|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
|Notice:The contents of this page are out of date.
This can be due to patches to the game, or developments in the metagame. You can help by updating it.
Charlotta is a rushdown style character who excels at applying pressure at close range using various advancing attacks and movement, while using her small stature to nimbly dodge opponent's offense and keep hers going.
|"I shall show you why I was chosen to be captain of the Lumiel Order of Holy Knights!"|
|Lore:||A Harvin knight who serves as captain of the Lumiel Order of Holy Knights.
Strict with herself, but kind to others, she's earned the trust of all her comrades and possesses superlative martial skills. But she also has a childish side, evidenced by her love of the Little Skyfarer's Lunch, a famed kid's meal popular throughout the skydoms.
|Voice:||English: Cristina Vee/Japanese: Kaori Nazuka|
|Charlotta is a rushdown character with plenty of tools to pressure opponent at close range.|
Strong pressure option that both frame-traps with and combos into itself, 2L, f.L, and c.M.
Self-advancing normal that is often used to continue pressure because it has a large activation range, is as fast as her other fastest normals besides c.L, and catches rolls and often jumps.
Situational use as an anti-air
Can be used to confirm 2L hitting someone low when it pushes you out of range of another 2L as it combos into 6H. Also valuable as a crouch confirm combo option after 214M.
Useful for maintaining pressure and forcing respect after 214M on the opponent's block. Also very valuable as combo filler when linked into from 214H.
Has larger range than it looks because it moves Charlotta forward. It's useful for counter-poking particularly because it has a higher Attack Level than most other f.Hs in the game with the exception of Vaseraga's, meaning it crushes them outright instead of clashing.
2L is Charlotta's traditional low option. It has a decent amount of range for a 2L.
2M sees a lot of use in pressure, since it is a self-advancing normal that is very safe on block while only having one more frame of startup than f.M has.
2H is decent for catching extended buttons when f.H is too slow. Does more damage and moves Charlotta forward slightly when charged.
Can very occasionally hit cross-up.
Charlotta's established cross-up jump normal.
Can occasionally hit cross-up.
Slashes diagonally above Charlotta, making this a useful air-to-air tool. This can hit standing opponents (tall opponents can even be hit by both hits), but it will whiff against all crouchers.
5U has two parts, the Parry and the Counter:
- Parry: Parries all moves on frames 6-23 except for throws and (Super) Skybound Arts, and reduces the incoming damage by 50%. The damage is affected by Guts, but is not considered chip damage so if you don't have enough HP to take the attack you will still die. Even if the Counter does not come out on a successful parry, Charlotta is still invulnerable for the rest of the duration and +39 as the opponent is staggered.
- Counter: If the opponent is close enough when their move is parried, a Counter slash automatically activates for damage, a side switch, and a hard knockdown. If the opponent had a normal move parried, they cannot cancel it with anything to retaliate.
5U is a fairly reliable anti-air option, as it will trigger even against jump normals from far above you. However, its horizontal activation range is poor. Regardless, the move can still be used to counter fireballs, as they will activate the Counter If you're close enough.
Shining Onslaught 
6X or 6S
Advancing move. Performs a rolling attack which causes a knockback animation if the move is hit or blocked
- L version: Shortest travel distance and safe on block.
- M version: Longer travel distance, does more damage, knocks down on hit, and wallbounces on counterhit. In exchange, it's punishable on block but can be hard to punish on block if spaced properly.
- H version: Same range/damage as M, but now with faster startup than L and safe on block. Wallbounces, allowing for combo extensions.
Holy Ladder 
8X or 5S
Invulnerable rising attack that comes back down with a slash attack. The startup frames can't be blocked midair, so it's useful as an anti-air option. Pushes whole roster out of proximity range on L DP if not in corner so can be awkward for people to punish and is a tight timing to punish. L DP is -10 if stand blocked and M DP is -9 if stand blocked. Can also be used as a strong combo ender after anti-airs, 6H wallbounces, and 214H juggle when Skybound Art isn't available but be wary of not having it off cooldown when you need it. All versions can link into c.M for combos if rising part whiffs and falling part counterhits on ground. Can situationally link into c.L/c.M juggle if rising part counterhits in air and falling part whiffs.
Sword of Lumiel 
214X or 4S
Unleashes consecutive slashes while moving forward slightly. Safe on block and keeps you close to your opponent.
- L version hits 3 times and leaves Charlotta fairly close to the opponent, oftentimes close enough to perform c.M.
- M version hits 5 times and is plus on block, but can be interrupted due to its longer startup and leaves Charlotta much further away from the opponent. Links to f.L on crouching hit for combo extensions.
- H version hits 5 times and is even more plus on block than the M version. Links to f.M on hit for combo extensions and 2U on crouching hit for hard knockdown.
Noble Strategy 
22X or 2S
Maneuver move. Can be followed up by various additional actions.
- L version slowly jumps upwards at a sharp arc that does not cross-up in most cases.
- M version jumps lower but farther in order to cross-up.
- H version jumps much faster and at same height as M version.
Great for closing distance or extending pressure, but is very vulnerable to anti-airs.
With Surest Strike!
Noble Strategy > No Input
- 22H into this move allows for a combo afterwards.
Low-hitting slash follow up. Extremely long active frames, working as a meaty off of 2U where it is plus on block.
With Flying Nobility!
Noble Strategy > L
Air dive follow up. Used to both combo on a deep hit and continue pressure on a block. Not an overhead, but recovers quickly, so the lower to the ground you are when making contact with an opponent the more plus you are on block.
With Purest Bravery!
Noble Strategy > M
- 22H into this move makes it +1 on block
Air overhead slash attack followup. Stalls momentum for a bit in the air, which can bait out short-reaching anti-airs.
With Sweetest Skills!
Noble Strategy > H
Air command grab follow up. Whiffs on crouching opponents. Landing this off 22H in the corner allows for extremely damaging corner combos.
236236H or 236S
Charlotta winds up and launches herself forward with a multi-hit attack that deals more damage the closer it hits. Invulnerable on startup, so useful for punishing fireballs and other whiffed moves on reaction.
Super Skybound Art
236236U or 236S+U
Invulnerable. Perform an upward slash followed by a powerful downward swing. Damage will be enhanced when connected from the first strike. The upwards swing actually reaches the top of the screen, so it can be used as an anti-air. It will always trigger the full-damage cinematic when it lands this way.
|To edit frame data, edit values in GBVS/Charlotta/Data. Be sure to update both the |
Click [★] for character's full frame data