Gran is a versatile ShotoShort for "shotokan"A character archetype defined by being similar in some way to Ryu or Ken Masters from Street Fighter. Shotos usually have a horizontal fireball, an invincible reversal, and a forward moving special move. character. Gran has a solid arsenal of moves which are fundamental to the fighting game genre. His reliable fireballA projectile which usually travels slowly across the screen in a horizontal path above the ground., DPDragon PunchA move that has invulnerability during its startup, long recovery, and a rising motions, and fast approaching moves combined with normals with few obvious flaws make Gran a very well rounded character who can play footsies well and get rewarding punishes.
|"I'll cross these boundless skies, to the place you promised- I'll find you no matter what, Dad."|
|Lore:||This hero's adventure began when he received a letter from his father asking him to come to the Island of the Astrals, Estalucia. Now he travels the skies with his flying lizard-like buddy, Vyrn, and the mysterious blue-haired girl who saved his life by linking it with her own, Lyria.|
Honest to a fault, he'll come to the aid of anyone who needs his assistance. Although his swordplay is rough and self-taught, he possesses the power to overcome any obstacle—thanks in no small part to Lyria's assistance.
|Voice:||English: Kyle McCarley/Japanese: Yuuki Ono|
Gran is a well-rounded character with many solid tools.
- Simple moveset: Gran's tools as the designated Ken are well rounded and strong.
- Damage: high average damage and even higher damage with counter hits.
- Good fireball game: projectiles and strong normals allow him to play effectively at any range.
- Rising Sword is both a strong anti-air and an invulnerable move for escaping pressure.
- H Reginleiv is plus on block and has very little pushback, making it a very powerful pressure tool.
- Level 5 Power Raise is an amazing frame trap, thanks to its invincibility.
- His far-reaching normals are highly committal due to some of them being negative on block.
- Getting Power Raise to Level 5 requires the player to be properly positioned due to its long startup and may require sacrificing oki on a knockdown.