Percival is a pressure heavy character whose playstyle ramps up as he picks up momentum throughout the course of matches, effectively swinging the tide into his favor.
|"Behold the power of the Lord of Flames."|
|Lore:||He travels to lands far and wide to learn the secrets of statecraft, all in hopes of founding his dream country. Before he set out on a journey to achieve such lofty goals, he and Lancelot served as officers in the same order of knights, studying under the same master. He received his nickname, the Lord of Flames, from the noble way he wields his blazing long sword. Those who come face-to-face with him find themselves either entranced or terrified by his abilities.|
|Voice:||English: Anthony Sitoy/Japanese: Ryota Osaka|
Percival is a slow footsies-rushdown character who pressures the opponent by charging up stocks to empower his big special moves.
- Rounded moveset allows him to contend against anyone.
- Great range on moves, both normals and specials.
- Has a meterless reversal with Platzen.
- High offensive pressure. All far normals combo into Zerreissen, giving high damage and a knockdown from any range.
- Anzünden is plus on block if spaced out, which complements Percival's midrange poking gameplan perfectly.
- His ability to scare people into blocking is complimented by his X-Seele command grab that he can combo off of.
- Träumerei stocks boost Percival's damage to incredible levels.
- Beautiful boi. Praise be to the lord of flames.
- Anzünden projectiles are on the slower side and don't travel far without stocks, making it difficult to contest zoners at certain ranges.
- Träumerei stocks require micro-management for damage potential.
- Light buttons can be deceptive due to animation not fully aligning with the hitbox.
- Huge hurtboxes and slow recovery on normals make him easy to be whiff punished.
By using 22X, Percival gains a number of Träumerei Orbs, 1 from 22L, 3 from 22M, and 5 from 22H. He can store a total of 5 Orbs and it cannot overflow. The next time he uses an M or H special, besides for Träumerei itself, the special will be powered up, increasing its damage and changing its properties.