- High Damage Output: Savage Rampage followups and 2H grant excellent combo damage especially in the corner.
- Good Pokes: Vaseraga's far normals (f.L,f.M,and f.H) are great pokes that combo into H Savage Rampage at most ranges, and can be canceled into Instinction on block.
- Consistent Knockdowns: Vaseraga's 2M, 2U, 22X~H, 22X~M, and Great Scythe Grynoth (GSG) all provide knockdowns under a diverse set of circumstances which allow him to safely set up Soul Forge or okizeme.
- Armor: Some of Vaseraga's moves can be given limited armor by Soul Forge which enables Vaseraga to punish many options in the mid-range, makes Savage Rampage less risky, and makes punishing jump ins with 2[H] much more safe.
- Space Control: 2H, 22X~L, and Vaseraga's Pokes provide good ways to control screen space.
- Button Priorities: Vaseraga has better priorities compared to the rest of the cast, giving him better chances in challenging his opponent's buttons.
- High Health: Tied with Ladiva for highest health in the game. Combined with his armor, this enables Vaseraga to survive more punishment and take more potentially rewarding risks.
- Slow Attacks: Vaseraga does not have access to a 5f normal, and his normals are generally all 1 to 9 frames slower than the normals of other characters.
- Reliance on Knockdowns. A lot of his effective game plan and powerful tools rely on either having set up Soul Forge, or making the opponent blocking or attempting to block.
- Armor Loses to Multi-hitting Attacks: Soul Forge's armor can be beaten by any move that hits 3 times in rapid succession and even some moves that don't, including but not limited to: Most H Fireballs, most H DPDragon PunchA move that has invulnerability during its startup, long recovery, and a rising motions, and Lowain's H Parry.
- GSG Issues: This command throw is very slow, especially the H version. L and H GSG often lose to opponents simply mashing buttons. Furthermore M GSG has little use because it has slightly less range and much less reward than his primary anti-air normal, 2H.
- Lack of a Reliable Reversal: Vaseraga lacks a DP-style move, his SBA is slow, and his SSBA has a guard point without invulnerability. This means getting cornered can be fatal.