|This page has been marked for cleanup.
This can be for a variety of reasons including but not limited to: spelling mistakes, unnecessary information, poor formatting, and other metrics per common sense reasoning.
Consider helping rewrite it.
The contents of this page may or may not be accurate. Please understand while we verify them.
Bridget is known for his extensive air mobility and keepaway game, and he comes with some particularly strong high/low mixups and unblockable setups.
Bridget can fly well over the top of the screen with his universal air movement options, as well as quickly get in and go for very quick overheads in pressure. His Yo-yo attacks and setup replace the functions of his H button, allowing Bridget to place slow moving, lingering hitboxes in places that some characters can have a very difficult time getting through. Attacking in tandem with Roger allows for Bridget to maintain pressure, and using Roger defensively lets Bridget get out of harm's way.
In exchange, Bridget suffers from low health and poor damage output, as well as generally not being able to score knockdowns out of air combos. This combined with his unusual movement options makes for a character that can be difficult to pick up but yield a unique character who can play both aggressively and runaway styles.
|Lore:||Despite the name and appearance, Bridget is actually male.|
He is the product of a society where the birth of twins of the same gender was considered bad luck. His parents compassionionate choice to raise Bridget, rather than cast him out due to the nature of his birth, now fuels Bridget's love for his parents. Determined to disprove the supersticions of his village—Bridget sets out to become a bounty hunter.
|Bridget has great mobility and the game's best runaway, but also has very strong high/low and unblockable mixups.|
Simple, horizontal jab that makes for a clutch anti-air. Usually falls out of favor to 2P for mashing.
- Hits far above the ground, can be ducked under. Useful for "tick" throws.
- Comes with a unique recovery animation where Bridget drops and retracts the yo-yo, which can lead to odd setups against him in very specific scenarios.
Makes for a decent meaty with some okay range, but otherwise not spectacular.
- Mostly useful in relaunch combos into 6S.
2-hit yo-yo pull trick mostly for combos.
- Can make for a good stopping point in pressure.
- Has a large gap between hits which might make second hit whiff on FD, but it can be special canceled at any point after the first hit which mitigates this problem.
- Combos to KSMH, but only on crouching hit or by canceling into KSMH before the second hit..
Bridget's most frequent ranged poke. Hits a great distance away, but is easily low profiled, IAD'd over, or upper body invul'd through.
- Comes out pretty fast, but takes a while to fully extend afterwards.
- Frequently gatling'd to 2D for short, sweet combos at moderate range.
- Combos into 6S against big bodies, or can be used to gatling into a yoyo set.
Pretty big Anti-Air swat.
- Confirms into 6S for further air combos.
- Avoid use as a poke, as the opening hitbox is almost strictly against the air.
Your main overhead tool for opening up. Despite the slower startup speed, it goes slightly airborne at the beginning and low profiles as it hits, meaning 2P mashers can eat it.
- Special cancellable except into yo-yo-specials for small conversions.
- Has an FRC right as it goes active to mitigate a miss, or make for better conversions.
- Works best in tandem with Roger coverage.
Big Anti-Air yo-yo haymaker. The pinnacle of Bridget's reach.
- Preemptively covers a lot of IAD attempts.
- Wallbounce on CH for a combo or setup.
- Whiffs on crouching, don't throw it out haphazardly.
Buttslam. Forward moving, difficult to contest, big stagger on CH making it perfect for frametraps. One of Bridget's best normals.
- Has enough of a hop off the ground to go over low pokes/mash attempts
- Active for forever and a real pain for some characters to deal with.
- Cancel into Starship for some tacked on damage on normal hit if that's what you want.
- Will completely stuff a surprising number of normals thanks to it's rather disjointed hitbox. Anything Kickstart My Heart can beat, this can and more.
One of the slowest 5Ds in the game. Generally not worth the bother.
- Really only useful with Roger coverage, but with Bridget's lack of air knockdowns you'll have to go for an ID with minimal damage.
Amazingly plus 2P that trades some speed for the advantage.
- Good range and low recovery making this great for pestering.
- Excellent for burst baits.
Short ranged, low profile 2K for opening upbackers or opponents expecting 6K.
- Low profiles immediately (1-9f). Can be useful for going under things on reaction (e.g. Bandit Bringer), and if properly spaced can bait some reversal options (e.g. Vapor Thrust).
- Safe on block to offset the poor hitbox.
Large, slow Anti-air and Frametrap button.
- Staggers and vacuums on counter hit for nice reward.
- Jump cancellable for anybody you tag out of the air.
- Whiff cancelling into 2K is advised on block for building distance or pressure resets.
Hopping sweep with some low crush and a nice hitbox.
- Vital for knockdowns into yo-yo setups.
- FRC at the end of the active window for pressure resets on block or extended time for setups, particularly unblockables.
- Not unsafe enough to be particularly punishable at range.
- Horrid on whiff. Don't get carried away.
Fairly decent air-to-air poke or for hitting anybody below you.
- Self cancellable for gaining height in air combos.
Primarily air combo fodder.
- Pretty active for an air normal but the hurtbox means you'll probably get tagged a lot if used in neutral.
- Unfortunately doesn't lead to j.2S, you'll probably have to back gatling to j.P.
- can sometimes crossup when airdashing over a knocked down opponent
Great air-to-air button, even if on the slower side.
- Useful in tandem with j.2S for air combos.
Upwards swinging hit that covers in front of Bridget. Acts as a j.H in place of Bridget not having one.
- Makes for a decent jump-in, particularly with CH stagger.
- Jump cancellable for air-combo fodder.
Multi-hit aerial useful for crossups in conjunction with Roger setups
- Launches and vacuums for air combo shenanigans.
- Very low hitstop, making Roger setups particularly tricky.
- The only air normal Bridget has that will hit opponents behind him.
- Can be special canceled into Starship.
Bridget throws his opponent over his shoulder in the opposite of the direction held, then lands on them with his butt. Iyaaaaah!
- Plenty of time for whichever yo-yo set you'd prefer to start your next setup with.
- You can use 2K 2P immediately after to OTG, at which point they can air tech. Particularly useful in the corner for airthrow resets or to force them to FD block 6S or 6P.
A rather average air throw, but one of the keys to Bridget.
- Bridget's only method of air knockdown outside of certain moves on counter-hit.
- As your throw button is the same as yo-yo set the punishment for whiffing this is much steeper than other characters if you do not either have Roger active in some way, or the yo-yo returning to you as a poor yo-yo set is timely to recover from and only rarely useful.
- You can throw your opponent into an active Roger for a combo, or for a reset into another potential air throw.
Bridget sets his yoyo. A directional input will change where he sets the yoyo. Refer to the image for which inputs provide which set. As this is considered a special move, you can cancel special cancelable normals into it allowing you to recover much faster from them than normal. using a throw is a good way to set this up.
Knockdown Yoyo Placement
[H] while knocked down
Delays wakeup, potentially throwing off an opponent's oki timing. Only available when yoyo is not set
- Great when used in conjunction with other reversals like throw or 623P.
- Since you're placing a Yo-yo out, that also grants access to wakeup 632146H.
Yoyo Set -> H
Bridget recalls his yoyo. Pressing H will trigger the startup animation, while holding H will delay the yoyo's actual movement for up to ~2.5 seconds. Pressing H again can cancel the callback, allowing you to move the yoyo closer without having to set it again. Can be used to extend combos or pressure, or as a zoning tool. Provides plenty enough time to confirm into a combo on hit. As this is considered a special move, you can cancel special cancelable normals into it allowing you to recover much faster from them than normal. It's actually still possible for Bridget to use Rolling Movement while delaying a yoyo recall, but the input has to be TK'd to avoid him just Faultless Defending in place (in other words, the input becomes 2147K).
Kick Start My Heart
Bridget uses his yo-yo's like roller blades and rides on them across the screen.
- The speed of the move can be increased or decreased by holding forward or back respectively at any point during the move. Holding forward from frame 1 will clear the entire screen, not holding anything moves roughly two thirds, and by holding back you move less than the distance of a forward yo-yo set.
- Can be canceled into Stop or Shoot at any point during the active frames even if it has already been blocked, giving it the potential to bait potential punishes with proper timing.
KSMH -> P
A follow up to KSMH. Bridget stops on his tracks.
- When used at maximum range it is extremely difficult for the majority of the cast to actually punish.
- Knocks down the opponent on hit so trades are generally in Bridget's favor, and gives time for a yo-yo set after knockdown.
KSMH -> K
A follow up to KSMH. Bridget flings himself across the screen while swinging the yo-yos around. Stupidly high corner carry.
- Can be special canceled into any air yo-yo set after the active frames end before Bridget hits the ground.
- Extremely fast and needs to be FD blocked in the air, lending it some utility as an anti-air.
623P (Air OK)
A surprisingly incredible DP with a set of quirks setting it apart from others.
- Grounded, up to 4 hits, and nonstandard hitstop can make this very difficult to bait or even punish.
- Combos on hit or sets up a tech situation. Can knockdown if it CHs an extended hurtbox, eg.HOS's
- Has an FRC right at the tail end of it, guaranteeing it stays perfectly safe
- How to punish: FD the first few hits so Bridget gets pushed out and then hit him. It is also vulnerable throws for up to 4 frames before it goes active.
- Strike invincible 1~16F
- Throw invincible 1~9F
- Floats opponent on hit
- Knocks down opponent on ground hit
- Hitstop 6F
- FRC timing 19~20F
- Can hit up to a maximum of 4 times
- Initial prorate 80%
The air version is just as versatile as the grounded version. Used to end air combos or bait reversals.
- Can be used for knockdowns at low height, though this is more an edge case than anything.
- Surprisingly safe-ish at only -5, especially if tk'd at range.
- Has the same FRC as the grounded version.
- Completely vulnerable to air throws.
- Strike invincible 1~13F
- Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 24F)
- Knocks down opponent on ground hit
- Hitstop 6F
- Can hit up to a maximum of 3 times
- Listed Frame Adv is for fastest possible TK Air Starship (startup 16F)
- FRC timing 19-20F
- Initial prorate 75%
Yoyo Set -> 236H (Air OK)
Bridget summons Roger ready to punch people's faces. Roger will appear wherever the yo-yo is set and will make his way back to Bridget while punching. Roger Rush will end once either he or Bridget is hit, he makes it back to Bridget, the move's duration expires, or if hits to a max of 3 times. The FRC window is at 16-17F. Staggers on hit usually long enough to run up and confirm into 5k, and is faster than jagged roger
Yoyo Set -> 214H (Air OK)
Bridget summons Roger equipped with a saw around its body. Like in Roger Rush, or any of Bridget's moves that involve a yo-yo set for that matter, Roger will appear wherever the yo-yo is set and make its way back to Bridget while the saw blade spins. As opposed to Roger Rush, Jagged Roger returns to Bridget at a slower speed and stays out even when Bridget is hit after 22F. Jagged Roger will end once 105 frames have passed, he makes it back to Bridget, or if it hits an opponent 3 times. The FRC window is on frames 22-23.
- Can use the number of hits it has remaining to instead nullify an equivalent number of hits of a projectile. These act on the total number of hits remaining the same as if it was hitting an opponent.
- Rather good at raising the opponent's guard bar if they don't FD.
Yoyo Set -> 623H
The Yo-Yo becomes a sort of mechanism and homes in on the the opponent for a set distance. If it connects, it will stick with the opponent. The mechanism acts just like a set yo-yo (i.e. any yo-yo move will occur right where the opponent is). Roger Hug will end when 600F pass after sticking to opponent, Bridget is hit, or a yo-yo move other than Rolling Idou/214K is done.
Yoyo Set -> 421H (Air OK)
|Version||Damage||GuardHow this attack can be guarded. Throws have their throw range listed instead.
High: High or air FD
Low: Low or air FD
Mid: Any ground block or air FD
|StartupThe time, measured in frames, which it takes for a move to become able to strike the opponent. Startup includes the frame on which the move becomes active.||ActiveShows how many frames where there is a hurtbox, AKA the hitbox where if the opponent touches it, he/she will take damage. Occurs after Startup.||RecoveryShows how many frames that the character must go through after its active frames to automatically go back to a neutral stance.||Frame Adv.||Invincibility|
|Ground, Low Altitude||20||All||19||till landing||total:30||-||-|
|Air, Low Altitude||20||All||19||till landing||total:34||-||-|
|Ground, High Altitute||20x2||All,LF||18||till landing (11)42||total:30||-||-|
|Air, High Altitude||20x2||All,LF||18||till landing (11)42||total:34||-||-|
Bridget summons Roger who will then do a body slam and slide upon landing on the ground. Bear in mind that the direction which Roger drops depends on what direction you were facing when you set the yo-yo (i.e. if you set the yo-yo while facing the right side, Roger will drop towards the right side no matter what). Also, depending on the height at which the yo-yo is placed, the move will have different properties. The FRC window is at 20-21F.
Yoyo Set -> 214K (Air OK)
Bridget rolls to his yoyo, wherever it is. Despite what you might at first think, this is the most important tool in Bridget's arsenal. Aside from the obvious movement option this provides, this can also allow for very quick and low overheads since this leaves Bridget in an aerial state. What makes this move a cornerstone of Bridget's game, however, is that when immediately canceled into Faultless Defense, it provides a very fast "jump" that doesn't actually take up one of your aerial movement options when done in the air. Bridget's movement becomes very, very strong with this tool. Since it's a special move, all his normals (except 5D) can cancel into it. Thus, it can be used as a pseudo-jump cancel on moves that aren't normally jump cancelable (such as f.S). Canceling into it allows Bridget to extend pressure, confirm from situations he normally couldn't, and escape after a potentially unsafe poke. It can also be immediately canceled into a normal, making it extremely useful for extending combos.
FB Roger Rush
Yoyo Set -> 236D (Air OK)
- Active frames are: 10(10)10(18)16
Roger will perform three punches in place. The first punch will stagger the opponent, the second knocks them airborne, and the third will wallstick them. Opens the way for some strong combos on hit, and for mixup opportunities on block. There's a window between the second and third punches where you can throw the opponent (or they can throw you), making the threat of a high/low/throw/no mixup mixup very real on block.
FB Jagged Roger
Yoyo Set -> 214D (Air OK)
Like Jagged Roger, this will not disappear if Bridget is hit. Unlike normal Jagged Roger, this version will quickly chase down the opponent, and persists for a long time. Is active for so long that it can (and often does) punish people who burst it. On block, it can potentially buy you a high/low mixup. A great option to throw out for 25% Tension. The opponent essentially has to respect it.
Loop the Loop
Strong reversal and combo ender. Good range and relatively high damage for Bridget.
- Converts to knockdown at range.
- Strike invincible 1~7F
- 7th hit staggers opponent on hit (max 75F)
- 8th hit ground bounces opponent
- 8th hit removes OTG state from opponent
- 2nd-7th hits have hitstop 6F
- FRC timing 42~45F
- Can hit up to 8 times
- Active frames: 3(6)3(3)30(12)20
Extremely fast Anti-Air/Reversal that can be difficult to safejump. Will catch them if they're in the line of fire, and weren't blocking before the superflash.
- The explosion is guaranteed to execute on input, meaning that trading this is very bad for the opponent.
- Every hit must be FD'd while airborne, making this a dangerous consideration for opponents approaching from the air.
- Bridget falls backwards and shrinks his hurtbox during recovery, making it awkward to punish.
- Can work as a high damage combo ender, though this is usually inoptimal.
- Fully invincible 1~4F
- Bridget is airborne 5~13F
- Opponent's inputs are frozen after the super flash until the 1st active frame
- Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 30F)
- Explosion is guaranteed to execute once the command has been input
Me and My Killing Machine
Yoyo Set -> 632146H or 412364H
Long, obfuscating hitbox that tracks to Bridget, and is mainly used to cover him during mixups and approach. Very similar in function to Jagged Roger, but moves at speeds similar it's Force Break version.
- Does a boatload of hits and tacks on a lot of damage compared to Bridget's overall kit. On block it does rather good chip and quickly raises the guard bar.
- Stays active if Bridget is hit, discourages mashing or reversaling out.
- Actually useful as a reversal, particularly with a close yo-yo, as it can cover Bridget's recovery.
- Loses to throws, which will not only get Bridget hit, but will likely burn the rest of the move's active window.
- Fully invincible 1~14F
- Strike invincible 15~21F
- Knocks down opponent on hit
- Attack is guaranteed to activate once the command has been input
- Roger can pass through other projectiles
The Delayed version moves more slowly, remaining more in place.
- Useful if the opponent is far away on a knockdown and you want to keep them still while you approach.
- Nonstandard hitstop allows for a bit of jank, but the fewer hits limits the time you have.
- Has no invincibility compared to the normal version. Be sure not to mix them up!
- Fully invincible 1F
- Can hit up to 6 times
- Knocks down opponent on hit (untechable for 60F)
- Attack is guaranteed to activate once the command has been input
- Roger can pass through other projectiles
- Hitstop 6F
Shoot the Moon
During IK Mode: 236236H
Bridget wraps the opppnent with his yoyos and throws them offscreen. They somehow end up on the moon. You don't even see Bridget's victory pose, not worth it
|Name(English/Japanese)||Color||Location||Common Venues||Contact||Status||Notes||Example Play|
|Mahouko||USA||-||Active||Cosplayer, $5 dollar dbz stick guy||CEOTAKU 2019|
|Ruu||Japan||A-cho, Mikado||Retired to Xrd||OG Character God||ACho 3v3 NEC 15 ACho 3v3|
|Mugen||Japan||Mikado||Retired to Xrd||Very offensive player||Link|
|Jais||USA||-||Active||Crush Combo Video|
|Kratos||Ukraine||GGPO||Active||Has written Bridget guide. Also plays Eddie.||Tournament match vs Kler's Jam various FT7|
NOTE: These tables are still WIP
|To edit frame data, edit values in GGACR/Bridget/Data.|
- A.B.A [★]
- Anji Mito [★]
- Axl Low [★]
- Baiken [★]
- Bridget [★]
- Chipp Zanuff [★]
- Dizzy [★]
- Eddie [★]
- Faust [★]
- I-No [★]
- Jam Kuradoberi [★]
- Johnny [★]
- Justice [★]
- Kliff Undersn [★]
- Ky Kiske [★]
- May [★]
- Millia Rage [★]
- Order-Sol [★]
- Potemkin [★]
- Robo-Ky [★]
- Slayer [★]
- Sol Badguy [★]
- Testament [★]
- Venom [★]
- Zappa [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data