Justice is Guilty Gear's archetypal zoner: slow, large, and plodding, but with large hitboxes, an oppressive projectile game, and high damage.
Justice is a character of very polarizing matchups, her optimal range varying depending on the opponent. She aims to keep out close range opponents with a field of projectiles and her huge range normals, but will opt to stay in close quarters against other characters that can murder her from far away. With at least 25% meter, she can increase her damage substantially, use Saperia Trance to approach quickly, or deploy multiple nukes quickly.
Yet, when opponents get to their optimal space, Justice can have an extremely hard time: due to her horrid mobility, lacking any damaging reversals outside of meter, and with her projectile game being slow and one-dimensional. Her combos are fairly easy and can deal significant damage even without meter, but in her weaker matchups, Justice will generally have to work around the opponent's strengths and play off of whatever she can do in given situations.
|"I am the definition of complete. Complete Gear type, Model 1."|
|Lore:||The center and catalyst for Guilty Gear's main conflict, the long since dead Justice still impacts the world today. In AC, a shrewd scientist of the P.W.A.B. has created a robotic copy of Justice, who while nowhere near her unfathomable power and deep hatred for humanity, still haunts with its combat ability and brings about nightmarish flashbacks to those unfortunate enough to cross paths.|
|Voice:||Yumiko Ogawa (Battle)/Wakana Sakuraba (Story)|
|Justice is a slow fortress character with large attacks and an extremely oppressive projectile.|
|Backdash:||24F (1~>19F invuln)|
|Forward Step:||22F. Can be cancelled into most actions on frame 13 (Dash into FD has 12 frames of recovery) Jump cancellable during the whole duration.|
|Wakeup Time:||54F (Face Up) / 45F (Face Down)|
|Unique Movements:||No Airdash, No Run, Omega Shift|
Two hit jab with great range and the second hit is a low. Knocks Anji and Robo-Ky's 5Ps off the pedestal for best jab in the game.
- Can be mashed on either hit, second hit is mixed with 6P for the high/low.
- Great combo starter, even 5P(1) > 6P > xx, or 5P(1) > 2K > 2H > xx. 5P(1, blocked) > 6P can also work as a ghetto fuzzy guard against opponents who end up trying to block a low late.
Gatling Options: 5P, 2P, 6P, 5K, 2K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: 2nd hit has initial prorate 80%.
Nice jump cancellable poke. Works at round start. The standard of the reach for Justice's normals.
- Goes right into f.S afterwards, or 2H if you're close enough.
Gatling Options: 6P, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
AA, Poke, and relaunch tool. Leads to whatever into knockdown. When within range, this move is absolutely awesome.
- High dizzy modifier. Use this to start punishes.
- Combo's to and from 6P for pressure and conversion.
- Links from 2H launch.
- Mainly used in staircase loops against heavyweights: c.S > (j.P > j.P > j.S(1) > j.H, land c.S), repeat.
Gatling Options: 6P, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Dizzy modifier x2.
Non bastardized Dizzy f.S. Extremely far hitting, multi hit normal. Probably Justice's most used normal.
- Always hits four times against standing, and twice against crouching.
- Easily confirms into S Michael Sword for knockdown and nuke setup, or for pushback on block.
- Cranks Guard Bar *very* quickly. You'll probably be using this move more than anything else, usually in ground combos or for footsies.
- Multihit beats moves with armor, such as Hammerfall and Danzai.
Gatling Options: 2S, 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Hitstop 6F.
Big damage, disjointed button and combo filler.
- Mostly used after f.S when close enough before going right into S Michael Sword.
- Can work as a damaging poke from far away, and as a situational anti-air with its upper body invincibility.
- Nets big rewards on counter hit.
- Combos into H Michael Sword against crouching opponents.
Gatling Options: 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Upper body invincible 11~31F. Staggers opponent on ground CH (Max 47F).
Horrifying overhead that also Anti-Airs.
- 2hits, touches as an overhead scarily fast at 17 frames (hits Pot crouching frame 10 :V).
- Upper body invincible, jump cancelable, and gatlings from and to nearly everything.
- Also Forces crouching on hit, thus combos into 5H > H Michael Sword for a wallbounce into closer knockdown.
- Combos from P and K Normals on standing.
- Relaunches after air combos, Anti-Airs, confirms into S normals on hit.
Gatling Options: c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D
Additional Frame Data: Initial prorate 80%. Upper body invincible 1~17F. Above knees invincible 18~29F. 2nd hit hits crouching opponent on 18F (tested on crouch blocking Sol). Forces crouching on hit.
Non bastardized Dizzy 6H, huge damage launcher and relaunch tool.
- Combos best from Throw, Valkyrie Ark (The counter), FRC Nuke, CH 2S, Michael Blade, RC H Michael Sword, and TK Saperia.
- 8 hit combos with two of these do 200+ damage meterless. Prime punish starter.
- Builds some nasty amounts of guard bar,
Additional Frame Data: 1st hit staggers opponent on ground CH (Max 47F). 2nd hit floats opponent on hit (on ground hit, untechable for 28F).
Extremely slow but far reaching, safe overhead.
- Justice's hurtbox leans back, avoiding some higher reaching moves on use.
- Leads to full combos with knockdown.
- Mixed with 2D, can make some things safer on block if they're not cognizant enough to jump out of the way.
Additional Frame Data: Above knees invincible 31~46F. Dizzy modifier x1.5.
Mash out button. Justice's fastest normal.
- Has the worst range out of every one of Justice's normals, but also the only one plus on block.
- Best for tick throws and occasionally works for jab pressure.
- Combos to 6P on standing, and when in range.
Gatling Options: 5P, 2P, 6P, 5K, 2K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5H, 2H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Initial prorate 80%.
Justice's fastest low. Typical low for empty jumps or when obscured by nuke.
- Has similar range to 6P, so you can do a screwy high/low game by doing 2K > 6P.
- Combos to 2H for launch combos.
Gatling Options: 6P, c.S, f.S, 2S, 2H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Initial prorate 80%. Hitstop 6F.
Less safe poke than f.S, but leads to higher damage especially on counter hit.
- Good poke, combos to 5H/2D or 2H if close enough naturally, or to 6H on counter hit.
- Scales better than f.S, better for combo filler.
- Can be used for relaunches, due to being jump cancelable.
- Pushes out fairly far on hit, keep this in mind.
Gatling Options: 5H, 2H, 6H, 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Staggers opponent on ground CH (Max 44F).
Vital, hugely disjointed sweeping laser claws. Starts launch combos from anywhere, when within range.
- Not jump cancelable or special cancelable, however it is an extremely active and safe launcher, hits twice (except on Faust*).
- 2H(2) will whiff on grounded Faust in MOST situations, avoid 2H in this MU. Note: A spaced 2H vs Faust that does not hit on the 1st frame can often be linked to a j.p-> air combo with tight timing.
- Update: You can also link a frame perfect c.S on Faust from a well spaced 2H(1). [Tested and confirmed via hitbox overlay. 2H(1) needs to hit on the first active frame to link to c.S]
- Large hitbox makes for a good anti-air.
- Combos from nearly all of Justice's ground normals.
- Links to H/D nuke afterwards for knockdown, or j.P, j.K, c.S, or j.S for combo conversion.
Gatling Options: 5D, 2D
Additional Frame Data: Pulls in opponent on air hit. Floats opponent on hit (both hits has 35F untechable time).
Justice's slowest and last low attack, with enormous reach for a sweep.
- Combos to S Michael Sword, for extended pushback and knockdown.
- Can replace S Michael Sword in utility for a closer knockdown. Does the same damage.
- Makes nearly any blockstring safe as well at -2.
- Cancels into a nuke on hit as well, which will set up your oki nicely.
Frame 4 Drill Jab, great air-to-air. Tied for the fastest air normal with a good hitbox.
- Self cancels, being frame 4 makes IB throw against it impossible.
- Gatlings to all of Justice's other air normals.
- Used frequently in Justice's staircase combos against bigger characters.
Very long range air-to-air button. Great speed and range for aerial button battles.
- Combos to all of Justice's other air normals for conversions.
- Good to link out of 2H.
- Has a pretty bad hurtbox extension to offset its speed and reach.
Combo filler aerial with a large active window. Combos to j.P and j.K for gaining height in air strings.
- Generally used in conjunction with j.D for damage, and j.H for knockdown.
- The first hit has higher than average hitstun in order to combo to Michael Sword H, in order to score a closer knockdown.
- Can be jump cancelled at any point after the first hit has made contact, for trickier conversions.
- Hits well above Justice from farther away near the end of the active window for air-to-air.
Additional Frame Data: 1st hit is untechable for 24F. Max 2 hits. Pulls in opponent on air hit.
One of the biggest jump-ins in the game. Excellent for safejumps with a very large hitbox.
- Great for spaced air-to-ground approaches, and for knockdowns out of air combos and H Air Michael Sword.
- Hurtbox extension is still pretty bad on this one too, but it is still mostly contained within the hitbox.
Additional Frame Data: Forced prorate 90%. Untechable for 22F.
Freakishly wide hitbox, and the highest damage jumping normal in the game. Good for crossups.
- Converts to Air S Michael Sword for knockdown and blowback.
- Combos from j.S and jump cancels for extensive damage. j.S j.D dj.S j.D j.S M.Sword can lead to 200+ damage.
- Air Saperia Trance or FRC j.S M.Sword can convert even farther.
- Has a bit of a wonky hitbox, but works well if they're already blocking.
- God forbid you end up using Omega Shift, can be used as an airdash crossup.
Tied with Pot for the farthest ground throw range in the game, and launches on hit. Use it a lot.
- Leads to easy damage anywhere on screen with 6H and plenty of other followups.
- Knocks down for oki with no followup, or with a single nuke.
Additional Frame Data: Forced prorate 50%.
Foot claw grab to ground slam. Knocks down not too far away from Justice.
- Has significantly above average throw range.
- Leads to good unburstable damage with Imperial Ray. Even if it hits OTG it'll be good.
- Can be followed up with RC, on CH, or with 2P against some characters.
Note: Comboing after air throw isnt very useful in most match ups but its notably useful in the ABA, Justice, and Testament match ups.
Additional Frame Data: Forced prorate 50%.
Standard DAA. Knocks down on hit, and can be combo'd out of in the corner.
- NOT throw invincible, don't get baited.
Additional Frame Data: Strike invincible 1~22F.
Counter Supreme. Leads to full followups.
- Quite active counter that can be difficult to punish.
- On success, leads to 6H or nukes, the same followups to throw.
- Be careful about its lengthy startup.
- Loses to lows and throws.
- Can even catch Zappa's sword attacks and bring him to you
Additional Frame Data: Catches all High and Mid attacks 5~28F except Burst. Able to move again after 55F on a successful catch. Can do follow-ups after 33F (tested vs. Sol), Forced prorate 50%. Dizzy modifier x0.7.
41236S/H (Air OK)
41236S is Justice's main combo ender or converter.
- S version blows them far away.
- Strong in neutral due to hitbox and speed.
- Floor slides on counter hit for big conversions with Michael Blade, Saperia, or jump in 6H.
Additional Frame Data: Slides opponent on CH (untechable for 84F, slides for 50F).
41236H is slower and wallbounces, bringing them back to you from nearly anywhere.
- Combos from 6H, crouching hit 5H, or counter hits.
- Builds a lot of meter.
- Can convert from it off of some air hits or with a flashing Guard Bar.
Additional Frame Data: Wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 50F).
j.41236S is a nigh incontestable, enormous hitbox. One of Justice's strongest options. Particularly menacing when TK'd.
- Blows back in the same fashion as the ground S version. Useful against close range characters.
- Easy aerial combo ender, blows the opponent back into the corner.
- Can be FRC'd on the first hit, which causes the opponent to fall straight down. Converts when grounded with c.S, 6H, 2H, etc.
- Using either air Michael Sword prevents use of another until Justice lands and jumps again.
- Justice can score a single hit Air S Michael Sword that knocks down more closely. The opponent must be slightly below and behind Justice, and is best done after an air combo into j.S(1) > j.H. This works on most of the cast.
Additional Frame Data: Untechable for 60F. Slides opponent on CH (untechable for 84F, sides for 51F). FRC timing 10~13F. Air Michael Sword can only be used once before hitting the ground again. Justice can do any move (except another Michael Sword) right after recovering in the air.
j.41236H is relegated mainly to combo ending. Allows Justice to score closer ranged knockdowns out of the air.
- Does more damage than the aerial S version.
- Wallbounces, allowing Justice to follow with a j.H for knockdown.
- Slow enough that it only combos out of the first hit of j.S.
- j.D > Saperia Trance converts if they're high enough, for more damage and close oki.
- Preferable combo ender against characters that outzone Justice or can easily get around nukes.
Additional Frame Data: Wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 45F). Air Michael Sword can only be used once before hitting the ground again. Justice can do any move (except another Michael Sword) right after recovering in the air.
Strike Back Tail (S.B.T.)
Your meterless reversal(with caveat),the caveat is that it is not truly fully invuln but can be used as a DP in most situations. It is fully invul below Justice's shoulders the frame that it starts. Will go over a lot of mids too.
- Big anti-air hitbox, particularly on the lightning strike.
- Vacuums on hit.
- Can be FRC'd for safety or maintaining pressure.
- As a psuedo reversal, it's very unsafe.
Additional Frame Data: 1st hit initial prorate 80%. 2nd hit is a projectile. FRC timing 14~17F. Floats and pulls in opponent on hit (1st hit untechable for 20F, 2nd hit for 25F). Front foot invincible 1~3F, lower body invincible 4~9F, front foot invincible 10~18F. Justice is airborne 5~25F, in CH state 1~30F, in crouching state 31~54F.
Nuclear Blast (N.B.)
Slow moving but nearly indestructible projectile with a large detonation. All around vital tool. Used for keepaway, oki, knockdown, damage, etc. What defines a matchup.
- Will pass through almost every other projectile unhindered, save for edge cases as Venom's Lightning Ball or Ky's Sacred Edge.
- Detonates automatically when an opponent gets close, but can be low profiled under.
- Can be FRC'd as soon as they come out for safety, another nuke, or a mixup.
- Nukes will continue to travel as long as the corresponding button is held down.
- This button is essentially disabled until you release it, but it is technically possible to release and re-hold a button if the press is within two frames of the release.
- Every nuke will disappear if Justice is hit.
- To see how N.B interact with specific projectiles see Nuclear Blast Interactions .
Additional Frame Data: Justice is in CH state until end of move. FRC timing 7~10F. Can stack up to 5 different projectiles on screen, one of each button. Untechable for 60F. Goes through other projectiles. Projectile disappears if Justice gets hit. Pushes opponent towards Justice if the explosion hits behind the opponent.
22[P/K/S/H/D] -> Release button
Manual explosion behaves the same as automatic, but it lets you blow up somebody trying to play around it.
- Releasing the button will cause the nuke to explode, 7f after the button is released.
- Has a short minimum travel distance before nukes can be detonated.
Additional Frame Data: 1st hit has hitstop 6F.
236D (Air OK)
Ridiculously fast dash attack. Will cross the entire screen and smack the opponent off of the opposite wall, knocking down or allowing for a relaunch.
- Will go through every projectile in the game, including Dizzy's FB Spike and a Gamma Ray in Justice mirrors.
- Has short, nonstandard hitstop, making it more difficult for opponents to react to.
- Sometimes converts off an aerial hit, but will usually just have to take the knockdown on hitting grounded opponents.
- Justice can pass through the opponent on Saperia Trance's recovery, so you can do silly tricks like whiff and throw, crossup whiff into poke.
- Good movement option for 25 meter.
Additional Frame Data: Projectile. Goes through opponent. Wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 55F). Upper body invincible 6~11F. Fully invincible 12~20F. Hitstop 7F.
Air version is better for combos and crossup setups than grounded Saperia Trance.
- Half the recovery and minutely faster startup than the grounded version.
- Less invincibility and travel distance, and will lose to far more attacks.
- Used in air combos when too far for Michael Sword, can be iffy as to which direction it blasts the opponent. Converts to 6H afterwards, regardless of distance.
- Leads to crossup/fake crossup shenanigans by doing TK Saperia Trance at the end of blockstrings.
- Leads to whiff > throw after a max range 2S if TK'd.
- Both versions scale fairly high.
Additional Frame Data: Projectile. Goes through opponent. Wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 55F). Fully invincible 8~14F. Hitstop 7F.
Big damage, fullscreen punish and reversal tool. A very good just do it move.
- Full conversions on hit when close enough.
- Has an FRC for safety or conversions from farther away.
- Single hit, make sure to get rid of things that absorb hits first.
- Can be low profiled or SB'd easily on reaction due to time after the superflash.
Additional Frame Data: Initial prorate 60%. Ignores projectiles. Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 65F). Fully invincible 1~15F. Dizzy modifier x0 (??). FRC timing 9~13F (from superflash to 4F after it).
Does a ridiculous amount of hits if the opponent is touching the orb and will chip anything to death that's low on health and without meter. Justice likes lasers, and so should you.
- Combos off the standard Throw/Valkyrie Ark/6H/whatever.
- Can be FRC'd to go for tick throws or another setup, since Imperial Ray is safe on block already.
- Do it out of a corner airthrow, or OTG for a big amount of extra damage.
- Has a small amount of invincibility, but not enough to act as a reversal reliably.
- Will usually grant the opponent a full tension bar on hit. Keep this in mind.
Additional Frame Data: Fully invincible 1~2F after superflash. FRC timing 31~34F.
Justice briefly charges before firing the Null Ray Cannon, destroying a few floating continents around Jupiter. Extremely close opponents will be sent flying upon activation. Justice will be vulnerable to hits while charging the beam attack. Opponents with low health/tension will die trying to block this.
- (Throw/Valkyrie Arc) > 6H > Gamma Ray will combo on everyone not named Flame of Corruption.
- Scales like hell off throw or VA, but does ludicrous damage off point blank 6H. A solid 50% or more off most of the cast's life with the confirm and the resources but only if very close.
- Most characters can get around this if done in neutral. Be sure to use it wisely.
Additional Frame Data: Fully invincible 1 after super flash~67F. 1st hit has hitstop 7F, floats opponent (untechable for 120F). Can only be RC'd if first hit lands or is blocked. 2nd hit onwards floats opponent (Untechable for 28F). FRC timing 11~14F.
Awful install super. Flush all your meter down the drain, and potentially the game too once it runs out.
- For the cost of 100% tension, Justice is granted a dash, three jumps, three airdashes, jump cancel on all normals, and airdash cancels on air normals, while also increasing her movement speed in general.
- However, her normals and specials are unchanged outside of jump cancels, meaning she ultimately plays nothing like the old boss Justice.
- Gives a full, flashing guard bar when it ends, along with a hefty recovery animation generously giving your opponent plenty time to think up what cool combo they'll kill you with.
- Overall, extremely risky with very little reward. Only used for trolling.
Additional Frame Data: Omega Shift is active for 627F after super flash. All normal attacks become jump cancellable except 5D. All air normal attacks become jump and dash cancellable. Can air dash 3 times per jump. Can triple jump. Can Airdash Cancel air normal attacks. In recovery for 54F after Omega Shift ends (Justice is in CH state, Guard Gauge goes to max, goes to Negative Warning).
During IK Mode: 236236H
Nearly fullscreen IK. Justice dashes frighteningly fast towards the opponent and takes them into space if they don't block. Useful if she manages to get a dizzy from a distance with nukes.
- Has some use in punishing summons such as Dizzy's Fish or Testament's EXE Beast if they don't respect this move.
- IK Activation > X Laser can kill ABA from anywhere on the screen if she ever runs out of Moroha gauge without a burst.
- Despite the animation, doesn't really low profile.
- Can make for a very silly whiff > throw setup.
IK Mode activation time: 74F
|To edit frame data, edit values in GGACR/Justice/Data.|
- A.B.A [★]
- Anji Mito [★]
- Axl Low [★]
- Baiken [★]
- Bridget [★]
- Chipp Zanuff [★]
- Dizzy [★]
- Eddie [★]
- Faust [★]
- I-No [★]
- Jam Kuradoberi [★]
- Johnny [★]
- Justice [★]
- Kliff Undersn [★]
- Ky Kiske [★]
- May [★]
- Millia Rage [★]
- Order-Sol [★]
- Potemkin [★]
- Robo-Ky [★]
- Slayer [★]
- Sol Badguy [★]
- Testament [★]
- Venom [★]
- Zappa [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data