Millia is a very versatile character with arguably the best okizeme and mixups in the game thanks to her Tandem Top and Secret Garden specials.
She is the 2nd fastest character in the game below Chipp, but has 2 airdashes. Her Turbofall and Silent Force specials, as well as her aerial Force Break Pretty Maze, allow her to alter her trajectory and position in the air in ways which can be difficult to follow or predict. Her Silent Force (Pin) is a fast traveling projectile that - when combined with her very high mobility options - can make it very difficult for an opponent to anti-air or approach her. This projectile is what keeps the opponent guessing in neutral, helps her get in close, and start her oppressive rushdown once she's there.
However, Millia has the 2nd worst defense of the cast, and will take heavier damage from hits compared to most characters. She also lacks a meterless reversal out of pressure, so you will be more dependent on defensive options like Instant Blocking, Dead Angle Attack, or backdash to escape. You will need to move around constantly and avoid getting hit while fishing for hits yourself to secure a knockdown and begin your real offense. Managing your pin and movement effectively, as well as developing flexible ways to confirm stray hits into knockdown, are central to her effectiveness.
|Lore:||Originally raised by the Assassins Guild, Millia was initially devoted to her lover Zato-1 before he became consumed by both his own dark path and his shadow. Having her love being torn apart, she breaks away from the guild to atone for her sins and finished Zato's life with her own hands....until his shadow Eddie begins to control his corpse fully, and with Zato's pupil Venom sending adversaries after her in Zato's late name. Millia lives both under constant attack from the assassins after her life....and from the curse emanating from the forbidden magic that allows her to control her hair for combat. Time starts to run out before it consumes her much like shadow that consumed Zato....|
|Millia Rage is a mobile offensive character with a variety of strong tools for controlling neutral. Once she secures a knockdown, she can run extremely potent okizeme, which can loop into itself to create a seemingly never-ending vaccum of offense that grinds the opponent down.|
- Millia jabs with her hair. Jump-cancellable on hit or block.
- One of her main anti-airs, though it is not as easily abused as it was in its previous incarnation. Covers a solid area above and in front of Millia with a mostly disjointed hitbox.
- She can use it to stop jump-outs or to check the opponent's jump. It's safer than 6P on whiff, and its low recovery makes it a low-commitment option for this purpose.
- Due to its low recovery, 5P is also a key part of her burst baits, with 2P5P after throw or 5PP being solid options.
- Can be cancelled into itself and 2P on whiff.
- Can also be gatlinged into from 2S.
- Will whiff on crouching opponents.
- An upward kick. Covers a decent arc in front of Millia. Can hit opponents directly above her, though it's not an exceptional anti-air.
- Gatlings into itself, 2K, and 6K, allowing for a high-low mixup on block.
- Primarily used for pressure, such as with the string 2K5K2K.
- It also gatlings into 2S, allowing for a more rewarding low option or a way to gatling into heavier normals.
- Jump-cancellable on block. Gatlings into itself on whiff.
Additional Frame Data Attack is fully extended on 7F.
- Situational anti-air that can be used when under the opponent due to its straight vertical hitbox.
- Useful for stopping the opponent from jumping out of the corner. Can also be used to catch techs in the corner.
- A solid punish starter due to its fairly quick startup, lack of initial proration, and gatling into 2H for a full air combo.
- One of Millia's essential grounded pokes.
- Gatlings into 5H, which then gatlings into 2D. If you're in range, this is your main way of securing a grounded knockdown off a poke.
- Can also combo into Longinus for a combo from slightly farther ranges, giving you a knockdown for 25 meter and a combo in the corner.
- Can't confirm into a knockdown at maximum range or off a launch, but can combo into Emerald Rain.
- Another solid grounded poke. Used less commonly than f.S, but still good to remember.
- Actually faster than f.S, with one less frame of startup, in addition to reaching farther forwards.
- 5H has more recovery than f.S, however, making it riskier to use in neutral.
- An essential piece of combo filler, with its two-hit nature making it an easy hitconfirm into 2D for a knockdown.
- One of Millia's main anti-airs, with upper body invulnerability with a good sized hitbox.
- Staggers on grounded counter-hit, meaning it has its uses against grounded opponents. If both hits connect, however, the second hit will undo the stagger of the first hit, making converting off a counterhit stagger difficult.
- Leaves Millia quite vulnerable on whiff, so keep in mind if the opponent still has air options available.
- Opponents can land behind Millia on occasion when she uses this, which is something to avoid.
Additional Frame Data Upper body invincible 1~12F. Staggers opponent on ground CH (Max 39F).90% proration.
- One of Millia's main overheads that she uses in her mixup game.
- Invulnerable to lows for much of its animation, making it a strong low crush option.
- +5 on block, meaning she can continue to pressure the opponent even if they block it.
- A solid meaty for disc oki, providing a high option.
- Special cancellable on hit or block, allowing for a combo on hit without any prior setup.
Additional Frame Data Lower body invincible 1~19F. Foot invincible 20~21F. Initial proration 80%. Hits crouching opponents on 20F (tested on Sol).
- Has slow startup and is horrible to whiff, making it rare to see in neutral.
- Knocks the opponent down on hit and is special cancellable. Many of Millia's corner combos end with 6H to secure a knockdown into oki.
- No gatling options, meaning you can't continue pressure on block without going directly into a special.
- It can be used to stop jump-outs in the corner, but it's mainly used to score a knockdown from corner carry combos.
Additional Frame Data Slams down and knocks down opponent on hit.
- Universal overhead. Slow, awful on block, and doesn't lead to much on hit.
- Rarely used as an overhead option, since Millia has much better options for mixups.
Additional Frame Data Low profile 8~23F. Foot invincible 30~41F. Millia is in CH state during entire move.
- Shorter range than 2K, but the same startup. Tied for Millia's fastest normal.
- Hits mid and is primarily used after throw for burst baiting.
Additional Frame Data Initial prorate 85%.
- An incredible normal for a variety of reasons, and one of your best tools for neutral and pressure.
- Tied for Millia's fastest normal at 5f startup.
- Bigger than most similar low kicks, letting you start pressure from farther away, especially with dash momentum.
- Hits low and gatlings into itself and 5K, making it a good low option.
- Millia's primary pressure starter due to its frame advantage. Good for frame trapping and tick throwing.
- Works well as a meaty in disc oki due to its low commitment and good hitconfirm ability.
- Lowers Millia's hurtbox significantly, letting you go under normals such as Johnny's f.S.
- Not jump-cancellable on block or hit, but it is special-cancellable.
Additional Frame Data Initial prorate 75%.
- Hits low and has better proration than 2K, but starts up slower. Can be used as part of high/low mixup pressure.
- Another solid meaty option. Hits low and gatlings into 2H.
- Can gatling into 5P to go backwards in the gatling table.
- Fairly long range and low profile make it useful as a poke, especially since it generally confirms into knockdown.
- Millia's primary launcher for combos. You want to gatling into this when you're in range.
- It also has its uses as an anti-air, but its slow startup makes it situational.
- Has a good amount of untechable time on counter-hit.
Additional Frame Data Initial prorate 90%. Low profile 1~3F. Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 20F, on CH for 48F).
- Another of Millia's main ground moves alongside 2K that can be used to fish for knockdowns and for whiff punishing.
- Special-cancellable on block or hit. Can be cancelled into roll to start disc oki on hit.
Additional Frame Data Foot invincible 10~21F.
- Spammable short-ranged aerial jab.
- Can go into j.K for pressure on block.
- Whiff cancels into itself and j.K, further decreasing the move's risk.
- Useful in air-to-air and air-to-ground situations due to its speed and respectable hitbox.
- Actually slower to start up than j.K, which is something to note.
- Extremely fast air normal useful for catching opponents above you.
- It's also an important tool for Millia's air combos, as it confirms into j.S and j.H.
- Can be special cancelled into K/S pin on block for pressure.
- Also serves a purpose with mixups, being a fast high option when you're in the air.
- Can hit opponents directly in front of Millia, letting it serve as an air-to-ground option, especially when used as a gatling out of other air normals.
- Your main air-to-ground move, ideal for hitting opponents below you.
- Airdash cancellable on block, allowing you to perform a mixup on block; you can either airdash again and use more high jump-ins, or you can land and use a low or throw.
- Also important combo filler, having enough untech tiem to combo into j.H.
- Solid air-to-air with a good amount of untech time.
- The hitbox is almost entirely disjointed, allowing it to beat many other air normals.
- However, shorter range than j.D means it isn't Millia's default air-to-air from far ranges.
- If the opponent is close enough to beat her j.D, j.H is a better choice.
- An essential part of Millia's air combos, having high untech time and cancelling into airdash on hit for additional extensions.
- Whiffs on crouching opponents, making it poor for air-to-ground.
Additional Frame Data Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 20F). Air dash cancellable.
- Millia's default long range air-to-air.
- It's airdash cancellable, meaning it can be used in specific combos.
- Grants a far-reaching untechable knockdown on counter-hit, allowing Secret Garden setups from fullscreen or Disc oki when close to the opponent.
- Horrible air-to-ground move, as many characters can run under this move and punish its recovery.
- Has some landing recovery, making it not great to whiff.
- Whiffs on crouching opponents like j.H, making it a bad air-to-ground.
Additional Frame Data Floats and blows back opponent on hit (untechable for 38F, on CH for 84F).
- Millia's primary combo ender at lower heights.
- Grants a knockdown that allows Millia to set up Disc oki immediately afterwards.
- Depending on height and hitsun decay, it may be cancelled into Bad Moon or replaced with Pin to secure the knockdown.
- Not much use outside of combo filler, since Millia's other air normals generally control the air better.
Additional Frame Data Slams down opponent on air hit (untechable for 16F).
- Very important to your mixup game. The throw range is short, but her quick dash speed makes it hard to see coming.
- Can be used after Roll (214K) for a tricky mixup.
- Dash and combo into 2P5P, 5K 2H, or f.S 2H when landed.
- Sends the opponent flying away. At fullscreen, it gives Millia a Secret Garden setup that allows her to rushdown safely.
- If Millia airthrows the opponent near the corner, she can dash up and do H Tandem Top to start up Disc oki.
Dead Angle Attack
- Surprisingly fast dead angle. Uses the animation of cS.
- Useful as an unsafe emergency option out of blockstun. Can be crucial to turning the tide on defense.
- Knocks down and keeps them right in front of you on counter hit, potentially letting you start Disc oki.
- Short horizontal range compared to other dead angles. Don't miss.
Additional Frame Data Fully invincible 1~12F. Throw invincible 13~40F. Floats opponent on hit (untechable for 40F). Initial prorate 40%.
214S -> SxN
- Good for frame trap pressure on the ground since it is +5.
- On hit or block, Millia can cancel into Roll (214K) to go for a tick throw or Haircar (214P) to go low.
Additional Frame Data Hitstop 6F. Listed Frame Adv is for no repeated hits. Can cancel to Longinus, Iron Saviour, or Roll from 8F onwards.
- Has an FRC point in 3-4 frames, making it viable for ground pressure.
- In the corner, Millia can link 5P to combo from it.
236H is the infamous move that "Disc oki" is named after.
- Longer startup, but longer active frames as well.
- This is Millia's primary and staple mixup tool. After securing a knockdown, the Disc allows Millia to mask her high/low mixups while also making sure the opponent can't escape due to the blockstun.
- FRC timing in 20-21 frames, which isn't used often because of 236D but is still is applicable in certain matchups such as Baiken.
- A combo ender in the corner for extra damage which yields a knockdown at a low height.
- When Tiger Knee'd (doing it as close to the ground as possible by inputting 2369P, often referred to as TKBM), it becomes an unreactable 16 frame overhead and Millia's primary high mixup during Disc oki.
- Very punishable on block, so it should not be used in neutral or without the cover of H Tandem Top outside of combos.
- Millia's command fastfall, which lets her alter her trajectory in the air and make it harder for the opponent to anti-air her.
- Millia dives down in a 45 degree angle. Can also be used for mixups, which is detailed in its own page.
Additional Frame Data Can pass through opponent during fall. FRC timing 14~15F. Fastest possible Turbo Fall performed from standing has total duration 29F. Has minimum height requirement. Landing recovery is cancellable into Special Moves.
- A command roll that shrinks Millia's hurtbox and lets her low profile underneath some attacks.
- Used mainly in pressure and for tick throw setups.
- It is not throw-invincible, and can be punished on reaction if used too predictably.
Additional Frame Data Low profile 2~3F. Really low profile 4~15F. Can pass through opponent. Millia is in CH state 1~15F. Can pick up Hairpin during move.
- "Haircar" that hits low.
- The startup looks identical to that of TK Bad Moon, making it a deceptive low mixup.
- Millia's main low mixup choice during Disc oki. Should not be used from fullscreen, as it is punishable.
Additional Frame Data Millia is airborne from 7F onwards. Blows back and knocks down opponent on hit. Initial prorate 90%. FRC timing 17~22F.
- K Pin removes all of Millia's upward momentum, and its trajectory is steeper than both S Pin and H Pin.
- Has a slightly different use in neutral compared to S Pin being reserved mostly for covering close approaches by the opponent, especially when punishing lows. However, due to its ability to completely hault Millia's upward momentum it can be used to extend ground pressure into her airdash strings seamlessly.
- Also used after rising j.K in fuzzy guard setups to confirm into a combo without Disc or meter, and some combos or setups against certain characters (like Johnny) may require K Pin instead of S or H.
- S Pin temporarily halts Millia's air movement while the pin is being thrown, and its trajectory is roughly a 45° angle downward in front of Millia.
- This is Millia's primary projectile and extremely crucial to her neutral game. It allows her to control the pace of the matchup, as opponents will have to keep in mind whether or not you have it available.
- Fishing for counter-hits is an easy way for Millia to brute force her way in due to the large amount of hitstun. If the opponent blocks it, she may still have an opportunity to continue pressure under the right circumstances.
- It also serves as a crucial ender to some her air combos depending on height/distance to the corner (j.214S land 6H), since it allows her to score an untechable knockdown.
- H Pin Has slightly slower startup, but gives Millia an extra upward boost before throwing.
- Good for positioning in the air if the opponent is catching on to the angle Millia throws S Pin at.
All versions of Silent Force: Staggers opponent on ground CH (Max 49F). Untechable on air hit for 33F. In CH state during entire move. Initial prorate 80%. Has minimum height requirement. After throwing Silent Force, crouch or Roll over the hairpin to recover it (takes 1F to recover); The hairpin can only be recovered 122F after hitting the ground.
214H -> Direction + H
- Once the move is input, Millia summons an orb that will accept up to four more direction inputs by pressing a direction and H (e.g. 214H -> 6H 1H 6H 4H). After 52 frames (regardless of whether any inputs were given or not), Millia will return to neutral and the orb will begin travelling along the path that was input. It can be canceled by pressing D if the situation is too dangerous to continue with the move.
- Secret Garden can be used from fullscreen after an air throw or counter-hit j.D to lock down the opponent on their wakeup, allowing Millia to safely rushdown the opponent.
- It can also be used in place of H Tandem Top for longer and better okizeme, but this generally requires specific setups to achieve.
- It has incredibly long startup (during which Millia can be counterhit), and thus should generally not be used in neutral.
FB Pretty Maze
236D (Air OK)
Millia's staple force break for mixups. Pretty Maze will float on hit, giving Millia the opportunity to launch the opponent up, combo them, and reset the situation over again.
- It has quicker startup and longer active frames than H Tandem Top, allowing more time for multiple mixups. If they block the first mixup, she can simply do another one.
- Unlike H Tandem Top, the disc will still come out regardless of whether Millia gets hit during the startup.
Additional Frame Data Total duration 33F. Millia is airborne from 1~20F. Floats and pulls in opponent on hit (untechable for 35F). Pulls in opponent on block. Millia is in CH state during entire move. Disc appears on 22F. Cannot use Pretty Maze, Tandem Top, or Secret Garden until 42F after disc disappears. FRC timing 6~8F.
Air version summons a disc in the air, alters her trajectory a bit and can be used for crossups.
- Can be used to end air combos, but does not give good okizeme positioning.
Additional Frame Data Wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 50F). Millia is in CH state until she lands. Disc appears on 12F. Cannot use Pretty Maze, Tandem Top, or Secret Garden until 42F after disc disappears. FRC timing 4~6F.
FB Secret Garden
214D -> Direction + H
- Millia leaps up into the air while summoning the orb, giving her safer positioning while setting it up.
Additional Frame Data Millia is airborne from 5F onwards. Millia is in CH state 1~25F and 55~68F. Bubble appears on 30F. Accepts up to 4 additional inputs to control direction of bubble from 6~41F. Bubble passes through other projectiles. Cannot perform another Secret Garden, Pretty Maze, or Tandem Top until 27F after bubble disappears.
214D during Lust Shaker
- Follow-up to Lust Shaker, causes the opponent to slide on hit. Millia can only combo the opponent off it in or near the corner. Level 6 move on block.
Additional Frame Data Slides opponent on hit (untechable for 55F, slides for 26F). Blockstun 20F. Forced prorate 80%.
2141236H (Air OK)
- Ground version is her only reversal move that has invincible startup.
- Has an FRC point at 23~24f to make it safe, but it is not advised to rely on this to get out of pressure often.
Additional Frame Data Fully invincible 1~7F. Rising portion floats opponent on hit (untechable for 60F). Falling portion wallbounces opponent on hit (untechable for 60F). Final hit slides opponent on hit (untechable for 60F, slides for 35F)
The air version is mostly used to beat weaker anti-airs or for stuffing air-to-air attempts.
Additional Frame Data Air version has initial prorate 70%. Strike invincible 1~7F. Slides opponent on hit (untechable for 60F, slides for 36F).
- Throws 3 big discs. Hitconfirms from any poke. The last disc causes wallbounce.
Additional Frame Data Strike invincible 1~5F. Wallbounces opponent on hit. 2nd disc has startup 26F, 3rd disc has startup 46F.
During IK Mode: 236236H
- The only good thing is that it tracks, making it particularly good against A.B.A. Other than that, not worth using.
Additional Frame Data IK Mode activation time 66F. Listed Frame Adv is for an opponent blocking on corner
|To edit frame data, edit values in GGACR/Millia Rage/Data.|
- A.B.A [★]
- Anji Mito [★]
- Axl Low [★]
- Baiken [★]
- Bridget [★]
- Chipp Zanuff [★]
- Dizzy [★]
- Eddie [★]
- Faust [★]
- I-No [★]
- Jam Kuradoberi [★]
- Johnny [★]
- Justice [★]
- Kliff Undersn [★]
- Ky Kiske [★]
- May [★]
- Millia Rage [★]
- Order-Sol [★]
- Potemkin [★]
- Robo-Ky [★]
- Slayer [★]
- Sol Badguy [★]
- Testament [★]
- Venom [★]
- Zappa [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data