- Millia is a very versatile character with arguably one of the best okizeme and mixups in the game with her Tandem Top and Secret Garden mixups.
She is the second fastest character in the game below Chipp, with 2 airdashes and a turbofall which allow her to alter her trajectory in the air quite easily. These options also make it difficult for the opponent to anti-air her. On top of that, she also has her staple projectile, Silent Force, which makes it difficult for her opponents to anti-air her or approach her. This projectile is what helps her get in and start her oppressive rushdown and keep the opponent guessing in neutral.
Despite being the second fastest character, she also has the second worst defense modifier and will take heavy damage. She also lacks a reliable reversal out of pressure, so you will need to rely on Instant Blocking, Dead Angle, or backdashes to get out of pressure. You will need to move around constantly and avoid getting hit while fishing for hits to get a knockdown. You will need to be smart with your approaches, movement options and pin management, and rushdown with care.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Powerful high/low mixup options.
- Unparalleled okizeme and cover options, especially with Tandem Top and Secret Garden.
- High damage combos.
- Very high mobility, including a quick backdash.
- Great air game thanks to having 2 airdashes, Silent Force, and Turbo Fall.
- Paper-thin defense: has the second highest defense modifier in the game.
- No reliable reversal options.
- No knockdown from maximum poking range without meter for Emerald Rain.
- Most normals are mediocre.
- One of the two reasons Millia is notorious, or rather infamous, for. Everyone who has played against Akuma in Street Fighter recognises the overwhelming ability of his air fireball to control space, zone and apply pressure. Silent Force is an air projectile that shoots extremely fast at a 45 degree angle, is very positive on block allowing you to force your way in and staggers on counter-hit guaranteeing you a free combo and forcing your opponent to think twice before trying to anti-air you. One caveat: it's single use, once you throw it you have to pick it up from the ground by crouching over it.
- The other, main reason Millia is infamous for. H Tandem Top is a static disc-shaped projectile with lots of active frames that is placed on top of or near the opponent during their wake-up and causes long blockstun in addition to masking your mixups, giving you free reign to apply your powerful okizeme and loop the situation over and over.