Bedman is a tricky and versatile character who thrives when he can engage his opponent on his own terms with backup from his unique Deja-Vu mechanic. Whenever Bedman does a special move he leaves a seal on the stage which can be used to create shadowy duplicates that mimic the special move that created them. These can be used for zoning or lockdown with terrifying effectiveness but can be destroyed by his opponent's attacks.
His variety of movement options, solid normals and boomerang-style projectile gives Bedman the ability to play evasive until he can set up Deja-Vu and take control of the match, but if he's caught off guard his defensive options are limited. Even when he's on offense, without backup from Deja-Vu his rushdown is much less dangerous. Overall, he's a character that wants to frustrate his opponents until he can find an opening to exploit.
Bedman specialises in frustrating his opponents into making mistakes, complemented by his unique seal-based offense that can be used for both okizeme and neutral situations.
- Possesses both a unique 8-way airdash and a guard point teleport dash that can make it difficult to predict his movements.
- Powerful okizeme that can be looped in the corner.
- Strong mix-up game and good pressure with seals.
- Has access to an instant overhead in j.D that leads to both high damage and a knockdown for 50 tension.
- Strong zoning options when properly set-up.
- Best walk speed in the game complemented by decent ground pokes.
- Has a rewarding throw game that is complemented by his fast walk speed.
- Very bad defense. His 6P is unreliable and his Dead Angle Attack is the worst in the game, his reversal super can be thrown out of, and his counter-teleport dash is not instant.
- Limited neutral and pressure if he cannot get Deja Vu seals out.
- Air movement is not fast.
- Limited mobility on the ground, can't move as fast as others.
- Large and wide hurtbox.
- Weak damage until properly set-up.
Bedman has a unique dash which operates as a guard-point parry. This dash cannot be canceled normally throughout its duration, unlike normal dashes, but does act as a counter against blockable attacks. For more details, see the video by GCYoshi13.
8-Way Air Dash
Bedman has unique air properties. Bedman cannot double jump, and has an 8-way air dash instead of the normal horizontal air dash. Bedman can also perform a hover which makes him float in place above the ground so long as he is above the minimum height. For further information, see the video by GCYoshi13.