I-No is a bit tricky to use but overall has some great potential when mastered. Her biggest strength is her mixup ability. Rather than the standard ground dash, she possesses a unique Morrigan-style hoverdash that leaves her airborne, allowing her to use her aerial moves without needing to jump. This allows her to create relentless, painfully difficult to block pressure using her quick rising overheads, deceptive lows, and delayed or fake overhead strings. On knockdown I-no becomes extremely threatening, as her Note and Vertical Chemical Love YRC can stuff many of the opponent's reversal attempts on wakeup, which combined with the natural safe-jumps provided by her hoverdash, allows her to freely rush in and start a mixup. This grants I-no some of the safest and most dangerous okizeme in the game, and with her impressive damage output (especially in the corner), she can very easily take rounds just off a single knockdown.
However, I-no possesses many weaknesses to offset her stellar setplay. The biggest one is probably in her neutral game. While her hoverdash is amazing for high/low mixup, it is incredibly prohibitive for movement. Combined with overall mediocre normals, and she can really struggle to get in against certain characters, or can be overwhelmed versus characters with far better normals up close. I-no is also one of the most meter hungry characters in the game; while her tension gain is above average, she's constantly spending meter on YRCs to help her get in and stay in. This means characters that are great at denying meter by forcing her to spend it on defensive options such as FD and reversal supers can also be problematic.
|Lore:||Badass, cruel and sexy. The time traveling rock star witch who seeks violence and the embarrassment of others. Serving "That Man", she continues to tease and harass Sol Badguy, who wants "That Man" six feet under. She is a force to be reckoned with and will murder anyone who gets in her way.|
- Powerful high/low mix-up options with her unique hover dash.
- Powerful high/low mix-up and cross-up options with the j.D FDC technique.
- Oppressive okizeme tools with the Note projectile and YRC'd Vertical Chemical Love.
- Excellent overdrives - A reversal Super that's safe on block and a powerful Air Super that has 0 frames of startup after the super flash and has enough frame advantage to follow with a mixup if blocked.
- High mid-screen and corner damage without having the need to spend meter.
- High air-throw range and has an anti-air command throw.
- Below-average effective health.
- Limited uses for her normal moves outside of close to mid-range situations; cannot truly counter poke.
- Her unique ground dash may bring up difficulties in escaping some situations in certain matchups.
- Situational anti air (5p, j.p, 6p, 6hs, VCL; depending on context).
- Reversal Super goes active 2 frames after the flash so it is easy to bait and possible to punish on reaction.
- Has to make precise reads to use her tools effectively.
:I-No's dash does not behave like a normal run.
I-No's ground dash puts her airborne which allows her to perform high/low mixups without having to actually jump.