Jack-O brings a new and unique fighting style to Guilty Gear. Her gameplay revolves around the summoning of three types of Servants that gravitate their way towards the opponent attacking them when in range. These Servants begin at the base level of 1 where their attacks are weak and have short range, but throughout the round there will be opportunities to level them up to their max level of 3. At level 3 the Servants have increased range, damage, and some Servants even attack multiple times in a single strike. Utilizing their various attacks and special abilities combined with Jack-O's own make for a formidable pressure game that can overwhelm the opponent.
- Extreme corner pressure with Servants that can eliminate many options for retaliation
- Many moves to keep the opponent in the corner, and to buy time so Servants can level up
- A variety of high/low/unblockable moves to keep the opponent guessing
- Normal attacks can be used for serious frame-traps and space control (neutral)
- Her Servants can be a major distraction to the opponent's game plan if placed correctly (especially when they are clocked-up)
- Gains serious amounts of Tension by standing near stationary Ghosts and from Servants attacking the opponent
- Can be a good choice for players new to FGs, due to her generally simplified inputs & overall different playstyle
- NEEDS servants for safe corner pressure
- Her D attacks automatically consume a small amount of Tension to enhance themselves, making her heavily meter-reliant
- Tension is needed to get out of oppressive situations
- Servants can interfere with your combos and pressure if you aren't paying attention to their position
- Loses a LOT of momentum when servants leave (by hit or time) and when Ghosts are destroyed
:Jack-O can activate a "stance" called Organ which allows her to use one of four "skills" which have their own cooldowns. One skill allows Jack-O to return all of her houses to her possession at once. If the houses are returned in this way they regain all of their lost health and retain whatever levels they had gained before they were recalled. Another skill allows Jack-O to set all of her minions and houses to explode after a three second timer. Her next skill allows her to buff the movement and attack speed of all of her minions. The last ability summons Aegis Shield, which nullifies all projectiles which come within a proximity of Jack-O.
Metered Dust Moves
:Dust moves performed by Jack-O will automatically use 10-15% of her Tension Meter.
When a dust move is performed with the appropriate amount of tension, the frame data and properties of the move are significantly improved. Because the user has no choice but to use the meter, it is important that the user remembers to conserve their meter in case of an emergency.