- Very fast normals, both on the ground and in the air. Boasts a 3 frame jab, a 6 frame sweep, and a 5 frame air-to-air normal along with several other fast buttons that exist as powerful pokes with short recovery.
- Mobile and agile character. Jam has one of the fastest run speeds and the fastest IAD in the game, allowing her to outmaneuver much of the cast.
- Heavy damage and strong corner carry game. Carded specials lead to knockdowns and her special moves can carry opponents from corner to corner, setting up her strong offensive pressure. Her Bao Saishenshou super can easily add on over 60 damage to the end of even heavily prorated strings.
- Fairly safe against the opponent's bursts. Several of Jam's combos and pressure strings will bait bursts on their own, or can be easily modified to Option Select against an opponent attempting to escape.
- Large throw range and strong follow ups. With 50 tension Jam can deal heavy damage. Jam's 6H automatically kara cancels to throw, giving her the largest throw range in the game from a 6H.
- Flexible pressure game that can build RISC very fast. Her fast normals and huge array of cancel options allow Jam to rush over the opponent with a constant assault. Opponents are forced to spend meter on Faultless Defense to push Jam out and avoid gaining a high RISC bar.
- Unique Parry mechanic allows Jam to escape situations others cannot. Jam's Parry can ignore blockstun of any mid, high, or unblockable attacks, allowing her to punish gaps without having to spend 25 meter on a Blitz Shield.
- Easy access to knockdown. Jam's wide variety of cancel options allow her to almost always gatling to her sweep, and charged special moves will give knockdowns from air situations as well.
- High Tension Gain. Constant forward movement along with using several special moves in combos lead Jam to an abundance of Tension.
- Very short range on most of her attacks. Jam's hand-to-hand combat style leaves her out of the range of many other fighters such as Ky or Faust. Movement and an understanding of how to use all of Jam's tools is required to get in and start her gameplan.
- Below average combo-damage without carded specials. Without a large counterhit Jam's damage often relies on cards to secure knockdowns and big damage.
- Character specific combo routes needed to unlock her true potential. Jam's 46PK combo routes depend heavily on the opponent's weight and hurtbox, requiring adaptations on the fly to reach her high damage.
- DP requires card to extend invincibility to active frames.
- Divekick must be spaced properly to be safe, otherwise can be thrown on hit.