In Guilty Gear XRD, Kum Haehyun is a balanced character with access to powerful oki tools, and intuitive specials. Where Kum is unique is in her link based combos. Unlike the normal gatlings, which the rest of the XRD cast uses, Kum must link her normals together by pressing the next button within a set period of time after the end of the previous button. Kum is capable of striking fear into the enemy's heart with her oki, and surprising them with her overdrives: Celestial Tuning Ball and Enlightened 3000 Palm Strike.
|Lore:||Kum Haehyun is the descendant of a family of Tuners, who are known to have great knowledge of Ki energy.
Haehyun visualizes Ki energy as the strings of musical instruments. As an old friend of Faust's she assisted with diagnosing and treating the Japanese Colony when its people all fell ill with a mysterious illness. Because her family does not allow women to hold positions of power, she controls a robot with the form of an imposing eldery master known as Kum Jonryoku. Very few people know her true identity.|
|Voice:||Hideaki Tezuka / ???|
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Intuitive neutral pokes.
- Very high damage potential.
- Consistent 50/50 mixups on knockdown using Tuning Ball.
- Strong, easy to use pressure and frame trap tools.
- Can manipulate her projectiles, air momentum, and even her opponent's position.
- Very high effective health.
- Large hurtbox means she can be easily harassed by zoners, is vunerable to more damaging combos etc.
- Lackluster defensive options. Her DP is not full body invulnerable.
- Linear, somewhat slow movement options.
Kum's gatlings are timed differently from other characters: instead of inputting the second attack just as the first is hitting, you should slightly delay the second button until after the first makes contact and begins to recover. It's easier than it sounds, and although the timing is slightly more precise than other characters' traditional gatlings, using them is not difficult at all. Kum's aerial normals have traditional gatling timings.