Ky performs best at midrange with a variety of useful pokes at his disposal, but he has tools at every range. He uses his fast and long reaching f.S to tame opponents and threaten them with high damage counter hit combos, and rounds out his spacing game with 2S, 5H, 2K, and 2D. From well spaced pokes, experienced Ky players can cancel into Stun Dipper to secure knockdowns from afar. Frustrated opponents that jump at him will find themselves dealing with his above-the-knees invulnerable 6P and extremely long reaching 2H.
When Ky finds himself further away from the opponent he can use his Stun Edge projectiles to harass them, either covering his approach or playing keep away. Ky has access to "Grinders" (see Durandal Call below) which further augment his abilities. Using Grinders, Ky can create projectiles to strengthen his zoning game, okizeme, and combos.
After securing a knockdown, Ky can safely set up okizeme using Charged Stun Edge, then apply his strong pressure game by mixing in low attacks, frame traps, throws, and pressure resets with 6H and 6K.
To turn the tide, Ky can use his exceptional Stun Dipper to slide under pokes and projectiles and score knockdowns, utilize his overhead Greed Sever to attempt to catch the opponent slacking on defense, or spend Tension to use his fully invulnerable reversal, Ride The Lightning.
He is a character that can rapidly switch between keeping the opponent away and turning on the offensive. His diverese moveset has a tool for every situation, but lacks specialization.
Ky excels at playing the neutral game, knocking opponents down from grounded hits, setting up safe okizeme, and creating strong pressure.
|"What the world needs right now is hope."|
|Lore:||After leading the Sacred Order of Holy Knights to victory against Justice and ending the crusades, Ky was haunted by the commander gear's last words that challenged his rigid ideals. After fostering a forbidden relationship with Dizzy and giving birth to a son, Sin, Ky was pressured into becoming the puppet leader of Illyria by the United Nations under veiled threats to his family. Charismatic, skilled, and possessing a deep belief in hope, Ky currently rules as High King of Illyria.|
Ky Kiske fulfills the role of a well rounded character with a low barrier to entry.
- Strong Neutral Game: Ky has normals which are either fast or have strong hitboxes that often convert into knockdown or damage and control space well.
- Variable Pressure Routing: Open gatling table and multiple forward moving normals allow for variable pressure structure to keep opponents guessing.
- Projectile OkizemeAttacking an opponent about to wake up, usually with meaty attacks or mixups.: Ky's Charged Stun Edge and Grinders grant Ky strong okizeme assuming he has either meter or control of the corner.
- Jack of All Trades: Ky is able to perform well in most aspects of the game, and is well rounded to the point of having few major flaws. Ky has a solid option for every situation, including two strong anti-airs, an invulnerable DPDragon PunchA move that has invulnerability during its startup, long recovery, and a rising motion., an invulnerable super, and versatile projectiles.
- Securing Air Knockdowns: Unless the opponent is cornered it is difficult to get a knockdown from air combos, and sometimes impossible to knockdown airborne lightweight characters.
Ky can use specific attacks (5D, j.D, 236D) to summon small floating portals called Grinders that last for 3 - 4 seconds.
Shoot a projectile through a Grinder and it will power up into a Fortified state. Fortified projectiles give Ky more versatility in his gameplay. Stun Edges become full screen sword-beams for zoning, Charged Stun Edges become a large, long lasting sword projectile for okizeme, and Sacred Edge becomes a massive full screen blade, slamming the opponent to the wall for combos.