Potemkin is Guilty Gear's mainstay grappler. Potemkin uses short blockstrings combined with approaching moves like Hammerfall to overwhelm and confuse his opponent into making a mistake, then punish their reaction or lack thereof.
|Lore:||He was a former slave in the empire of Zepp, and was a supporter of the democratic revolution that took place. He is currently a member of Zepp's elite presidential guard. Despite his appearance, Potemkin is actually a very intelligent calculating individual who dislikes fighting, only doing it when absolutely necessary. He is also generally kind to others, and is capable of keeping his patience even when the person he's speaking to isn't being necessarily friendly.|
Potemkin uses short blockstrings combined with approaching moves like Hammerfall to overwhelm and confuse his opponent into making a mistake, then punish their reaction or lack thereof.
- Long-range normals with relatively high single-hit damage.
- Extremely Fast command grab with great range.
- Damaging conversions off corner hits or Potemkin Buster.
- Above average stun output. Can easily stun Dizzy and Raven off of one counterhit 6H.
- Highly invincible backdash.
- The highest effective health in the game. Potemkin has a defense modifier of 0.93.
- The highest stun resistance in the game. Potemkin is practically impossible to stun.
- Hammerfall > YRC > Potemkin Buster.
- F.D.B and Slidehead allow Potemkin to deal with zoning.
- Very poor mobility. Makes approaching very difficult.
- Few options for dealing with opponent's pressure.
- Very long startup on most normals.
- Big hurtbox which extends further during most normals.
- Very situational overdrives.
- 5f jump startup.