|Combo Notation Guide|
Kanji has a bit of freedom in deciding how he wants to end or extend his combos. This will mostly provide you with more damage depending on meter, or better oki. For the sake of brevity, enders will not always be posted in combo routes, so refer to this section and insert them in your gameplay wherever appropriate. Generally speaking, after 214A/B, you may choose to end with 236A, and extend with 236236A/B/AB or OMC (if hitstun deterioration is not very high).
- Meterless: 236A. Used because you want to save meter for later, or otherwise don't have enough.
- 50 SP: OMC. Cancel the last hit of 214A/B, then follow up with 2C > 2B > 236C > 236A. Alternatively, you may cancel the 2nd hit of 5AAA for a reset: 5AAA > OMC > 66 > j.A > (reset) > 236C > 236A.
- 75 SP (with corner carry): 236236AB. The bounces allow for Kanji to connect with 236C > 236A or 236B~214B > 236A
- 100 SP (with corner carry): 2nd hit super OMC. This ender gives you a potential reset depending on scaling. The ender goes as follows: 236236A/B > OMC (2nd hit) > 214C > 2B (reset) > 236C > 236A. 236C will only catch opponents who tech away or up. Options to cover other techs are currently being explored.
- 150 SP (with awakening): Atomic Press. This ender uses all of your meter and squeezes out every bit of damage needed for closing out rounds. The ender goes as follows: 236236A/B > OMC (2nd hit) > 214214C/D.
-  5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: Kanji's optimal meterless BnB. The timing on 214B is rather strict, so feel free to use 214A instead, although the damage and SP gain will be slightly lessened.
-  5AA > 2A > 5B > 2AB > 236A
Notes: Less damaging than the previous combo that opts to cancel into 2A to maintain pressure. 5AAA is -6 on block, while 2A and 5B are both 0. Hit confirm this from 5AA as a block string to stay even. If you start to get a read on your opponent's habits, you can even charge 5B to become plus, or if it hits, combo into your command grab.
-  5AA > 2A > 5B> 2AB > OMC > 5C > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: A basic OMC combo that extends from your blockstring. Use if you have the meter after hit confirming.
Cost: 50 SP
-  2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: Basic anti-air combo.
-  2B > 236B~214B > OMC > 2C > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: A powered up version of the previous combo. Use if you have the meter.
Cost: 50 SP
-  2B > 236B~214B > 236236A/B > 2nd hit OMC > 214214C/D
Notes: Meter hungry anti-air combo. Generally should only be used to end rounds, as the cost is otherwise too high.
Cost: 150 SP
- [3725/3781] CH 2B > 5C (Delay) > 236B > 5AAAA > 214B > 236A
SP Gain: 43/44
Notes: Can be done anywhere on screen
-  j.B > 5AAA > 214A > 236A
Notes: Your BnB with a jump-in start. Try to hit j.B somewhat low to the ground or after IAD.
-  CH j.B > 2AB > OMC > 5C > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: If you're lucky enough to score a counter hit with meter, go for it.
Cost: 50 SP
-  FC 5C > 2C > 2B > 236B > 2A > 2AB > 236B > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: One of Kanji's highest damage meterless combos. The trick to this combo is hitting 2A as Kanji lands, but before he puts the chair away. Double tapping is advised.
-  FC 2C > 2B > 236B > 2A > 2AB > 236B > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: Nearly identical to the previous combo. Same principles apply.
-  FC j.C > 2C > 5C > Hop j.B > 2AB > 236B > 2A > 2B > 236B > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: Kanji's anti-anti-air combo. Sometimes requires a short walk forward after j.C depending on spacing. Timing on sweep is tricky after j.B. Inputting sweep while Kanji is still airborn will eat your input, and mashing may not leave you with enough time to land 236B after. Be patient and wait for him to land.
-  236A/B(1) > OMC > 5AAA > 214A > 236A
Notes: 236A/B starter combos are to be used when ending blockstring pressure with chair. Buffer OMC. If it hits, combo as planned. If they keep blocking, you're plus, so keep up pressure.
Cost: 50 SP
-  236A/B(1) > OMC > 5AA > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: Opponent must be crouching.
Cost: 50 SP
-  236A/B(1) > OMC > 5AA > 2B > 236B~214B > OMC > 2C > 2B > 236C >236A
Notes: Opponent must be crouching. Same as above with different ender at a higher cost.
Cost: 100 SP
-  236AB > 5AA > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: 236AB forces crouch! Less costly and more damaging than the combo above, but only +1 if blocked during pressure. Risk/Reward's the name of the game with Kanji.
Cost: 25 SP
-  236AB > 5AA > 2B > 236B~214B > OMC > 2C > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: A mix of the previous 2 combos.
Cost: 75 SP
-  236AB > 5AA > OMB > 5C > 236B > 5AA > 2B > 236C > 236A
Notes: Big damage relative to cost.
Cost: 25 SP + OMB
- [61xx] FC 236AB > 2B > 5C > 236B > 2A > 2AB > 236B > 5AAA > 214A > 236A
Cost: 25 SP
Midscreen to Corner
-  5AA > (2A) > 5B > 2AB > OMC > 5C > 2B > 236C > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: Pretty much identical to a midscreen combo route, but since you're in the corner, you'll be right next to them after Take-Mikazuchi body slams, so you can auto-combo. 2A makes the combo deal less damage but adds another low for pressure.
-  FC 5C > 2C > 2B > 236B > 2A > 2B > 236C > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
Notes: ez. 5C could be replaced with 2C or j.C and with similar routing as midscreen to achieve better damage.
-  FC 5C > 2C > 2AB > OMB > 5C > 236B > 2A > 2B > 236C > 5AAA > 214B > 236A
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- SHO Minazuki[★]
- Sho MINAZUKI[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data