Combo Rate: 60%
Backdash Time: ??
Backdash Invincibility: 1-6
Movement Options: 1 Double Jump/Airdash, Dash type: Run
P-1 Climax Nickname: "The Antisocial Poet from the Hollow Forest"
- Exclusive to the Golden version of P4, Marie was an amnesiac resident of the Velvet Room, with a unique specialty in producing copies of Skill Cards, granting Yu new powers.
It is found out she is not 'One Who Resides Over Power' but rather a fragment born from Izanami-no-Okami. she was the being that drew in The Fog that would appear each time a murder happened. She was prepared to seal herself away to fully close off the TV World from the Human World, but the Investigation Team saved her from such a fate. She is now a guardian deity of Inaba with powers of a nature goddess. She also hosts The Weather on the local news station.
Marie possesses a unique mechanic in the form of a weather system. The current weather is indicated by a small picture over her SP Meter. There are four possible types of weather that give Marie different buffs. The weather starts off Sunny and will automatically change to a new weather at the start of a new round based on the weather the previous round ended in. The weather of the next round will be one of the next two weathers after the one the previous round ended in according to the order below (sun>cloud/rain, rain>snow/sun, etc). The weather of the next round is decided based on the weather the round ended in and the tens digit of the clock when the round ends. If the tens digit is odd, the next round will start with the weather two after the weather the previous round ended in (round ends in rain with 53 seconds on the clock, so next round starts with sunny weather). If the tens digit is even, it will be the next weather after what the previous round ended in (round ends with cloudy weather and 67 seconds on the clock, so next round starts with rainy weather). The weather can be manually changed using her ShutupIhateyouyoustupidjerk SP skill by holding the button assigned to each weather type. Also worth noting is that in a Marie mirror match, if one Marie changes the weather, then the weather will change for both players.
- Sunny: Her non-awakening SP Skills will deal 20% more damage
- Cloudy: Summoning a cloud from Marie's bag will make 2 clouds come out instead of one. Her DP and Throw will also inflict shock status on the opponent
- Rainy: Gives Marie a buff that passively regenerates her HP, makes awakening super shoot additional beams, and increases damage of rainy
- Snowy: Gives Marie a buff that passively regenerates her SP, makes snow freeze opponent on hit
Chest attribute, so beaten by sweeps. Most often used ground normal due to range and ability to lead into j.C loops or air combo depending on if the opponent is airborne or not.
5BB is a Fatal Counter. Can be delayed to be made plus on block.
Second slowest air normal. Has a much better vertical hitbox than j.B, and slightly less but still respectable horizontal range. Gives knockdown.
- Bounces you away from the opponent on hit or block.
- Bounceback can be stopped by following up with j.B or j.C.
Great horizontal and vertical range, optimal counter hit combo starter. Tons of recovery makes it very, very bad to whiff.
- Dash cancelable on block and hit. Dash cancel on block is -5, so characters with 5 frame jabs like Akihiko can mash and hit you even if you dash cancel into blocking as soon as possible.
Giant sparkly divekick. One of her most used combo starters.
- Using this move is a commitment, so don't throw it out carelessly.
- Incredibly plus on block unless the opponent blocks the move before the movement starts, in which case it is -5.
- Head attribute, so it loses to most 2Bs.
B+D (air OK)
6A+B while blocking
236A/B (air OK)
|B||700, 350||All, High||22||-||-||+2||-|
|SB||700, 350||All, High||22||-||-||+2||-|
Marie's bag pulls at her and smacks into the opponent twice.
- Main combo ender for damage or using j.C safejump.
- Air version does not provide groundbounce except for SB version in special situations.
- SB version has armored startup that will armor through strikes and throws, even supers.
It's All Yours
Present pull stance. A version pulls chocolate, B version pulls cloud(s), and SB version pulls both and does so faster.
- Can be canceled with D
- Can pull present faster by hitting A or B, button pressed does not change present pulled.
- Can press C during stance to pull Igor, an air unblockable fatal counter move.
Dance, Fallen Angels
It's All Yours > A
Pulls a present that will bounce along the ground until reaching the opponent, at which point chocolate will pop out and lick the opponent.
- Great for oki and generally limiting the opponent's movement, especially in the corner.
- A version triggers automatically after 4 seconds and can be avoided by jumping or rolling
- SB version has no timer and will change direction if rolled or jumped, though it can still be avoided by doing either at the right time.
Memories of Grief
It's All Yours > B
Her Name Is "Hope" (Pandora)
It's All Yours > C
Marie cancels her normal present pull and instead pulls out an Igor jack-in-the-box to launch the opponent high into the air.
- Fatal Counter
- Air Unblockable
- whiffs on Kanji, Sho, Minazuki, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Teddie, Rise, and Junpei unless they're airborne or doing certain attacks.
Places an exploding magatama on the screen. C version places it right in front of Marie and explodes immediately, D version places it right in front of Marie and explodes after ~1.5 seconds, and SB version tracks to wherever the opponent is on the ground and explodes after ~0.5 seconds.
- S-Hold is C version
- Useful for ending combos or blockstrings if you want to keep the opponent away from you.
- D version can be used to set up a crossup after a knockdown.
- SB version is a very useful fullscreen punish/meaty
Abysmal Evil Eye
214C/D (214C/D to Activate)
|Set Eye||-||-||-||-||39 Total||-||-|
Places an eye on the screen that vacuums the opponent and will either auto-detonate after ~3.5 seconds, or manually detonate when Marie does the move again.
- C version places the eye close, D version places the eye mid, SB version places the eye far.
- C and SB versions will autocorrect if they would otherwise go offscreen, D version will not.
- Vacuum is helpful for breaking up an opponent's blockstring.
- Absorbs projectiles! Eyes can absorb almost all projectiles, even Minazuki's wave super. Most of the exceptions are multi hitting projectiles like Margaret's 236C/D, Elizabeth's 236A/B, Adachi's 5D, and supers like Yu's Ziodyne/Yukari's Magarula. It will also not absorb any of Yukiko's Agi specials, though it can absorb a single agidyne (a single hit from the twirling persona will also dissipate the eye).
Placed eye explodes, knocking the opponent into the air. Can be done manually by repeating the input for an already placed eye, or it will happen automatically after ~3.5 seconds
- Eye detonation has tuns of blockstun, allowing for extended blockstrings.
Shell of Denial
236236A/B (air OK)
Marie creates a shell around her, knocking enemies away to the other side of the screen.
- Reversal super with invuln startup
- Does more damage in sunny weather
- Air OK
- SB version recovers fast enough to punish rolls and makes DPs safe on block
Marie throws four cards, and then damage is dealt based on current weather conditions and the button held during the super. Most commonly used combo ender, does lots of damage and controls the weather.
- Does more damage if sunny weather is chosen when already in sunny weather.
- Does more damage if rainy weather is chosen when already in rainy weather, but proration is poor, so sun is better for ending a combo in these cases.
- Freezes on hit once per combo if snow is chosen when already in snowy weather. Can use this to combo super into itself.
- Shocks on hit if cloudy is chosen when already in cloudy weather.
- Cards beat out a lot of projectiles and work as a full screen punish for many things, but they can't beat anything that eyes can't absorb, including eyes themselves.
Awakened SP Skill Attacks
214214C/D (air OK)
Kaguya appears along with three magatamas. Pressing C or D will use a magatama to create a beam that will travel across the screen on the same vertical plane as the opponent. Beams come from one direction and then pass back toward their origin. C beams start on Marie's side of the screen, D beams start from the opponent's side.
- Fatal Counter Recovery
- Persona moves can't be used until all magatamas have been shot.
- Rainy weather makes each beam pass across the screen an additional time.
- Hitting Marie or Kaguya will end the super and remove all beams.
- SB version of the super makes Kaguya invuln, so hitting/grabbing Marie is the only way to end the super early.
- C and SB version let you manually shoot the beams.
- D version automatically shoots all the beams from Marie's side of the screen.
- Incredibly useful for mixing up the opponent, setting up unblockables, and more.
|To edit frame data, edit values in P4AU/Marie/Data.|
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- SHO Minazuki[★]
- Sho MINAZUKI[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data