Combo Rate: 70%
Backdash Time: 23
Backdash Invincibility: 1-6
Movement Options: 1 Double Jump/Airdash, Dash type: Run
P-1 Climax Nickname: "Captain Ressentiment!"
Arcana: The Magican
- Yosuke Hanamura, affectionately nicknamed "Brosuke", is the first party member Yu Narukami bonds with during his time in Inaba. Due his father's manager position at the Junes superstore, Yosuke was forced to move from the big city to "the boonies," leaving him resenting his feelings of boredom and isolation. After accepting his shadow, he tries his best to be the best 'partner' he can be. In the P-1 Climax, he is a speedy fighter with a pair of kunai and his persona Jiraiya, master of the wind.
- Thanks to Jiraiya's speed and aerodynamic abilities, Yosuke is able to chain multiple specials while in the air. He can string these together during combos, to mix up his aerial approach or bait anti-airs. After performing certain ground specials or air specials, Yosuke can preform some specials with a simple command, using 4 or 6 and the desired action button (A / B for Moonsault or C / D for Flying Flash Cut)
- The moves that count as air actions are:
Skill Name Number of Times Simple Command Moonsault 3 Times (4 in Sukukaja) 4 or 6 A/B ↳Crescent Slash Mirage Slash Once Flying Flash Cut Once 4 or 6 C/D Flying Kunai Once
Gliding / Fastfall
- Yosuke has the ability to Glide or Fastfall in the air due to a kara cancel (cancelling the start up on 1 move into another) with jAB into Air Turn (A+C) during an airdash. Gliding will allow Yosuke to keep his air dash momentum and fall at steeper angle. It also helps to glide backwards (Jump > A+C to turn backwards > Airdash > Glide) to help get jD out safely or just to escape back to neutral. Gliding helps Yosuke move around the screen faster than any character (He's fast even without it). It allows him to block while air dashing with no delay, come in at angles that are hard for certain characters to 2B (Chie, Akihiko, Mitsuru, etc), and to navigate projectiles or Naoto's traps.
- So the notation would be (Find whatever suits you, there’s a ton of different methods):
- Jump > 66jAB~A+C
|5AAA||1080||HLA||10||3||37 + 12 After Landing||-37||Body|
5A is a fast poke. One of the three most common starters for Yosuke. Great hitbox, can anti-air at some heights. Useful for combos, stagger pressure, and just about everything. Jump-cancellable on hit and block.
5AA is less negative on block than 5A. Used for stagger pressure. Jump-cancellable on block.
5AAA sends the opponent flying toward Yosuke with a vacuum effect on hit. Puts Yosuke into a special cancalable state. On block, this move sends Yosuke flying backwards, creating space.
Extremely fast normal that moves half screen, autocombo ends with a downward slash.
- Replaces 5A with this while Sukukaja is active.
- ( ) = If blocked
|170, 85x2||HLA||9||2, 2, 2||12||0 [+2]||Body|
- Dash Cancel is -4 on block
Yosuke spins his kunai upwards, hitting multiple times. Dash-cancellable on hit and block, jump-cancellable on hit only. Good pressure tool since it's even on block, allowing for throw set-ups or extensions.
|410||AUB||11 ||4 ||26||-15 [-13]||Body|
- Dash Cancel is -4 on block
Yosuke swings his kunais in a cross formation. Amazing anti-air as the hitbox extends behind his head as well as having tremendous vertical range. Jump- and dash- cancellable on block.
Upward swing with his kunai. Used in air combos. Kara-cancelling j.AB allows Yosuke to glide (don't whiff j.AB or you'll be sad).
j.AB is also counted as an overhead from a hop, allowing you to check opponents who are crouch blocking. There are some theories as to why, but the primary one is that the game counts it as a special (Mirage Slash still counts as a low from a hop).
Yosuke does a short hop, swinging both kunai downwards from above, hitting overhead. Considered to be in aerial state during the middle of the animation. Very unsafe on block and very rewarding on hit. If the first hit of the All Out Attack is One More! Cancelled, the opponent will be left in spinstate and vulnerable to an unblockable reset.
|5DD||120x3||HLA||8||3, 3, 4||-||-||Body|
Jiraiya rushes forward with his fist extended. Goes 3/4th screen. Lots of start-up, and the ending animation will whiff entirely at certain distances. Can be used to cover an approach or harass an opponent at range, but expect to lose a Persona card if you aren't careful.
Press D again to have Jiraiya do a followup attack, even on whiff.
|400, 200||HLA||18||To The Ground||-||-||Body|
Yosuke and Jiraiya perform a multi-hit dive punch in the air. Yosuke is locked in the animation for a set amount of frames or until Yosuke hit something (ground or opponent). Does not count as an overhead.
Yosuke taunts the opponent. If Yosuke is hit, he then proceeds to trip the opponent, causing knockdown. While the attack can not be cancelled, it does leave Yosuke in a great position for a follow-up pressure. Will counter any attack including overheads, lows, throws, command grabs and unblockables. Has a large number of active frames and a deceptively good aerial hitbox, making it difficult to safe-jump, and it will blow up most pressure strings, but resist the urge to spam Yosuke's DP.
|A||300, 150||HLA||11||1 (10) 3||39 + 9 After Landing||-11||Body|
|B||500, 250||HLA||19||1 (10) 3||33 + 9 After Landing||-21||Body|
|SB||600, 300||HLA||17||1 (10) 3||31 + 19 After Landing||-14||Body|
Yosuke dashes toward the opponent kicking multiple times then launching himself into the air off of their body. Is able to be canceled into aerial specials after the launch. A and B version travel the same distance while SB version will go slightly further.
- A Version - Yosuke will backflip off the opponent, not switching sides
- B Version - Yosuke will backlfip off the opponent with forward momemtum, switching sides.
- SB Version - Yosuke will backflip off the opponent causing them to launch in the air, not switching sides. Also has projectile invul from frame 10 to 29.
|A||70, 40x11||HLA||13||To Ground||19 After Landing||-||Projectile|
|B||70, 40x11||HLA||14||To Ground||19 After Landing||-||Projectile|
|SB||70, 40x11||HLA||12||To Ground||35 Total||-||Projectile|
- Can be used as a follow up from any other air actions, but is considered an "ender".
- Sukukaja Buff: Yosuke can do any air action after throwing the kunai.
Yosuke launches backwards into the air throwing 6 kunais down onto his opponent. Unlike P4A, the kunai do not lift the opponent into the air, but rather just knock the opponent towards the ground, making it a good combo ender or keep-away tool. A version kunai are thrown in a 70° angle, and B Version is thrown at a 55° angle while popping Yosuke up a little higher. SB version kunai are thrown in a 55° angle and inflict poison, but Yosuke can no longer do any other air action after the move (While not in Sukukaja).
|A||-||-||-||-||9 After Landing||-||-|
|B||-||-||-||-||9 After Landing||-||-|
|Crescent Slash||1400||HA||5||3||14 After Landing||-6||Head|
|SB||1500||HA||28||3||11 After Landing||-||Head|
- Also can be done with 4A/B or 6A/B after certain conditions
Yosuke performs a forward flip, where B version arcs higher than A version. After A/B version, he can do Crescent Slash, an upwards swipe with a kunai that pop the opponent into the air, which doesn't count as an air action. B version pops the opponent higher than A version. SB version will cause Yosuke not to flip over and automatically perform the Crescent Slash followup.
Jiraiya appears in the air, claps, and teleports Yosuke to the ground in a puff of smoke. Can cancel the start up into other aerial specials. C/D versions Yosuke will dash towards the opponent immediately after landing on the ground and strike with a low sweep causing knockdown. C version reaches around match start distance. D version reaches almost full screen distance and passes through the opponent on block, although needs much more time. SB version he'll stop in the place he landed at with no slide, still has landing recovery.
- Causes Fatal Counter.
- SB Version has Fatal Recovery
Yosukes crouches while Jiraiya appears above him to press a star against the opponent. Places an unblockable hitbox on the ground where Jiraiya slams. Sends the opponent slightly upwards in the air (allowing for a Sukuaja followup) and leaves the opponent in Confusion. C version reaches a little bit farther than match start distance. D version reaches halfway across the screen. SB version tracks the opponent with a maximum distance of 3/4's the screen.
- Fatal Counter Recovery
|C||400, 200||HLA||13||(10)2||44 + 11 after landing||-40||Head|
|D||700, 350||HLA||33||(10)2||48 + 18 after landing||-52||Head|
|SB||700, 350||HLA||29||(10)2||45 + 18 after landing||-43||Head|
- Also can be done with j.4C/D or j.6C/D after certain conditions
Jiraiya tosses Yosuke downward in a foot dive like manner, Yosuke will then bounce upwards when he hits the ground creating a V Shape. D Version has more start up than C. SB Version creates a W on hit and has projectile invul from frame 18 until Yosuke hits the ground the second time. Can cancel into j2C allowing Yosuke to end combos in a hard knockdown.
|C||180, 90xN||HLA||9+8||146||11+ 38 Landing||-33||Projectile|
|D||200, 100xN||HLA||13+14||155||38 landing||-27||Projectile|
|SB||210, 105xN||HLA||9+8||155||2 + 38 Landing||-43||Projectile|
Yosuke jumps into the air rotating in circles with his kunais extended while Jiraiya spins with him making a tornado surround them. C and D version allow you control the movement of where you travel. C version moves at a slow speed, D version moves at a higher speed making it harder to control, SB version moves at an incredibly fast speed, but takes control away (SB can be used to punish zoners).
- Fatal Counter Recovery
Awakened SP Skill Attacks
- C version lasts for 299F, has recovery.
- D versions lasts for 599F, but has a lot of start up and recovery.
- SB version lasts for 199F
- C and SB versions do not have frame 1 invuln on start-up.
- D version does have frame 1 invuln but significantly more recovery; opponents can whiff a jab through the start-up, recover, and still counter-hit Yosuke.
- No longer a reversal or as safe to use at neutral as in Arena but it is now significantly easier to combo into Sukukaja.
Yosuke charges up with the power of his persona. A meter will appear above his SP Gauge displaying how much time he has left in the install.
While Sukukaja is active, Yosuke gains:
- A new 5A that travels forward and a new autocombo.
- Increased Movement Speed (Ground Dash is now invisible).
- Access to dash/backdash cancels on specific moves.
- An extra air special action.
- The ability to jump cancel and dash cancel all normals.
- Mirage Slash becomes special cancellable.
- Various changes to moves: faster start-up, altered frame advantage, etc.
- 2C gains Fatal Counter property.
- Access to a new super Shippu - Nagareboshi.
214214C/D (during Sukukaja)
|C||740,550,150x18||HLA||9+1||9||15 + 5 After Landing||-10||Body|
|D||740,550,150x25||HLA||19+1||15||10 + 5 After Landing||-11||Body|
|SB||740,550,150x31||HLA||14+1||15||18 + 5 After Landing||-11||Body|
Yosuke launches himself forward, knee first into the opponent, together him and Jiraiya send a plethora amount of Kunais rushing at the opponent. End the Sukukaja timer when used. This move has a very large hitbox, allowing Yosuke to hit from awkward angles. C Version travels less than half screen. D Version travels more than half screen. SB version travels nearly full screen. Mainly used to end Sukukaja combos.
|K.O.||All||4 + 50||63||37||-69||Projectile|
Yosuke poses on the ground while Jiraiya does a spinning aerial attack towards the opponent making a huge tornado. Can't control the movement like Garudyne. Very unsafe on block. If not blocked it will do exactly the amount of HP the opponent has left.
|To edit frame data, edit values in P4AU/Yosuke Hanamura/Data.|
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- SHO Minazuki[★]
- Sho MINAZUKI[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data