Persona 4: Arena Ultimax
|Persona 4: Arena Ultimax|
Developer: Arc System Works / Atlus
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax is the sequel to Persona 4: Arena and takes place a few days after the events of the first game. A red fog appears in town and a new tournament appears on the Midnight Channel called the P1-Climax that shows Mitsuru, Aigis, and Akihiko getting crucified...
In Japan this game goes by the title Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold.
In addition to all the playable characters from Persona 4: Arena, nine new characters have been announced:
- Yukari Takeba is a zoning character that uses wind magic and arrows to quickly move around and fill the screen with arrows and wind.
- Junpei Iori uses his baseball bat to attack the opponent and level himself up scoring 'points' in his baseball meter.
- Ken Amada & Koromaru fight together as a team. Ken uses a Spear and his Persona Kala-Nemi while Koromaru supports him using a Kunai and his Persona Cerberus.
- Rise Kujikawa uses the power of music and her Persona to power up and attack the opponent.
- Tohru Adachi is a DLC character that fights with a gun and his Persona Magatsu Izanagi.
- Marie is also a DLC character that fights with weather, contents of her bag and with her Persona Kaguya.
- Margaret is also a DLC character that fights with multiple Personas.
- SHO Minazuki fights with dual swords and without a persona. This version of Sho has 3 buttons for normal attacks and a Drive-like dodge button, akin to that of BlazBlue's button input style.
- Sho MINAZUKI. This version of Sho fights with a persona named Tsukiyomi, can quickly teleport in front and behind the opponent, and has attacks that drain the opponent's health and SP.
Yukari, Junpei, Ken and Koromaru are originally from Persona 3, Rise, Adachi, Margaret, and Marie are from Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden and Sho is a new character to the series.
Almost every character in the game has a Shadow Type that plays slightly differently from their normal versions.
See this section for more details.
See Persona 4: Arena Ultimax System Changes for details.
The arcade version of Persona 4: Arena Ultimax was patched in April 2014, prior to console release.
There is no visual indicator of this; players will simply have to keep an eye on the date the match was recorded.
See Persona 4: Arena Ultimax 1.10 patch notes for details.
Below is a list of links to common terms used in Persona 4: Arena Ultimax.
- Air Turn
- Air Unblockable Attacks
- All Out Attack
- Attack Level
- Attributes (Head/Body/Foot/Projectile/Throw)
- Auto Combo
- Blue Health
- Counter Hit
- Counter Hit Carry
- Crossup Guard
- Defensive Burst
- Evasive Action
- Fatal Counter
- Fatal Recovery
- Furious Action (R Action)
- Guard Cancel Attack
- Guard Cancel Evasive Action
- Guard Bonus
- Instant Kill
- Instant Block
- Max Burst
- Minimum Damage
- Negative Penalty
- Normal Type
- Super Cancel
- One More Cancel (OMC)
- One More Burst (OMB)
- Proration 1 (P1)
- Proration 2 (P2)
- Persona Gauge
- Persona Break
- Same Move Proration (SMP)
- SP Gauge
- Shadow Frenzy
- Shadow Type
- S Hold
- Skill Attack
- Skill Boost Attack (SB)
- SP Skill Attack
- Skill Boost SP Attack
- Status Ailments (Poison, Fear, etc.)
- Ukemi (Air)
- Ukemi (Ground)
If you find one not listed, please add it in!