Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinac

[CT] Rachel vs Arakune

It works best if the cloud is slightly over your head to eye level. More for taking out homing clouds and early on crossed up sheild clouds. I dunno if it takes out hanging clouds, as I usually just 236B+D to bust up his normal tactics with hanging cloud. Edit: Oh yeah. And you don't want the cloud too deep when you try to defy it. Try hitting it with the edge of the attack if possible.

alright thanks just tried it, it works best if it's the one that shields him, I couldn't really get it work on the one that goes in your face though, and i couldn't get it to hit the one above you. for the one that goes in front of you, i found it easier to do a j.214a and let it land on the cloud.

Are there any safe ways to begin a rushdown against Arakune or should I just stick to zoning the whole time? Zoning the whole time generally has not been working to well because eventually he will get a curse and take away my lead, but besides maybe a CH 6A I have had very little luck starting an offense against him.

Try to wind a pumpkin at him and follow it up on the recovery of his dives and dashes. And use the pumpkin to chase air techs after he gets hit by seeds or lightning.

I've met and might start playing with a ggac sbo qual and likely the best player in my state who I believe mains arakune. I'll def update this thread with any useful information I am able to come up with. For now though, I've noticed when ara starts his corner trap nonsense 236A will often counterhit if he is in range. Can anyone comfirm that this is useful or am I just playing against dudes who screw up the pattern?

If they do it right, I believe the only way out is to jump while barrier blocking and then wind out. Also, I have been liking j.236A in this matchup while zoning. It goes high enough to hit Arakune players that like to float really high and prevent you from having to waste a wind by winding 236C or something.