Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Elsa La Conti

AH3LM_Elsa_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Elsa thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Elsa Wiki Page

Notable Players

Kyari

Henvoke

Moridaku

Kureha

Ill list some basic combos for her to get things started.

2a > 2b > 2c > 421a/b/c > 6HC > 5a > j.a > j.b > j.4b > j.a > j.b > j.4b > j.c/e

2a > 2b > 2c > 2e > HC > j.a > j.b > j.4b > j.a > j.b > j.4b > j.c/e

4c > HC  > j.b > j.4b > j.a > j.b > j.4b > j.c/e

for enders you can either communio (j.214a/b/c) or j.623A+B

5b > 5c > 236A+B or 2b > 2c > 236A+B (BC SUPER)

For EFC combos the starters are the same and you replace the Homing Cancel with EFC. I play Water and Fire mostly which has different EF combos. Might figure out some universal ones for more common arcana picks for Elsa at a later time.

So for a ef combo that works with everything except ice, water, fire, earth, and time. ( doesnt work on konoha :<)

2a > 2b > 2c > 421a/b/c > EFC > dash 5a > j.a > j.e > j.a > j.e > j.b > land 5a > j.a > j.e > j.a > j.214a/b/c > oki.

Can someone put down some text describing this character please?

I guess I'll try this.

Elsa is fairly well rounded with extremely solid ground options and fairly average air normals. Her main weakness is lack of a good clash game and no godly air normals.

Great oki off any hit due to communio(j.214X) being used as an ender for almost every combo. Great corner lockdown after a communio ender with water off communio, bottles(236X) and water detonation(22X with water out) along with solid damage overall. She has an invuln DP(623C) that's easy to convert off of on hit and pretty safe on block when HC'd but can easily be made to whiff and has fairly long startup. Has one of the best crossup normals in the game(j.C) and a super solid upper body invuln +1 anti-air(4C) that can be converted into a corner-to-corner carry on hit with communio/bottle ender.

Her pressure strings usually involve using 2A, 2B, 5B, and 6B. All her B normals are jump cancelable. 6B is low invuln and throw invuln. She can IAD into j.C as a crossup, IAD j.E(whiff) 2A, or IAD j.4B(whiff) 2A mid-string but this can be risky vs a few characters. In the corner you can kind of just freestyle things as you can detonate the water left by communio/bottles at any point in a pressure string or right on their wake up to force them to block and then continue your pressure and mixup.

This should cover the basics. I might have missed some little things but she's an extremely strong character and fairly easy to use and understand once you get used to her input overlap(421, 214, 623, 236, 22, 28...).

Sounds like it could be my thing.

Sounds like her specialties are offense/defense/oki, and not so much neutral. is that correct?

Is offense strong because of oki, or is offense just plain strong and oki?

Sounds like it could be my thing.

Sounds like her specialties are offense/defense/oki, and not so much neutral. is that correct?

Is offense strong because of oki, or is offense just plain strong and oki?

Her specialties are definitely her offense/oki. Her defense is decent mainly because her DP.

Her neutral is fine imo. She can deal with basically every character in neutral with throwing bottles, using Arcana specials and anti-airing with 4C. Her air game is kinda average so she doesn't really carry you in that aspect. You gotta put in some work.

Gotcha..

What are, in your opinion, the harder parts of this char? getting used to inputs is probably not going to take that long. Converting off hits? Opening people up? Offense is strong at least in part cause of Oki. Is she strong on offense from having really hard to block mixups, or really long pressure that it is really hard to press a button against, both?

Thanks a bunch..

Gotcha..

What are, in your opinion, the harder parts of this char? getting used to inputs is probably not going to take that long. Converting off hits? Opening people up? Offense is strong at least in part cause of Oki. Is she strong on offense from having really hard to block mixups, or really long pressure that it is really hard to press a button against, both?

Thanks a bunch..

Converting air hits can be kinda tough without Wind triple jump being a crutch or using j.B [JC] j.D j.B j.236E HC with Fire. Opening people up is easy for her imo. 2B j.D j.A is still pretty strong for her even if homing got nerfed, IAD mixups, poke/throw game is okay. She's strong on offense for having good mixups and being super plus on block with water detonation post-communio. Her pressure is fairly short for the most part. Mashing vs her is usually a bad idea if you don't have a decent 3f normal or invuln move.

Thanks again. Wind sounds like it is really good in general, so I might start with wind elsa.

No problem. Wind Elsa is extremely strong and helps her in a lot of ways. She also has really cool fast fall extensions that give her a lot of damage along with Wind's usual projectiles being great.

I think dots pretty much covered everything. One good thing to keep in mind is that Elsa is solid with any Arcana pick. Some are stronger than others of course, but it really helps that you can easily choose an arcana based on your match up and play style. 

So you could pick any of the strong arcanas. Don't remember what the list I saw was but I know wind was at the top with another. 

So you could pick any of the strong arcanas. Don't remember what the list I saw was but I know wind was at the top with another. 

Strong Arcanas for Elsa imo are: Sin, Wind, Love, Flower, Water, Thunder, Fire, Mirror, Sacred, Tyr.

These are just the ones that I can think of that give Elsa something others don't. She can basically pick any Arcana and run with it due to just how strong she is. I personally play Sin, Wind, Love, Thunder and sometimes Mirror. Sin and Wind are really cheap with this character.

Saw a new route for Elsa on the Online Examu Cup stream:

2A 2B 2C 421X 6HC 5A j.A j.B j.236X land 22X sj.B j.4B [JC] j.A j.B j.4B j.E j.214X

Pros:

Higher damage than before by around ~500 off 2A starter.

Around the same if not better corner carry

Looks fucking cool

Cons:
I haven't been able to get it to work off a jump-in like j.B. j.B starter works but you take out the 1st j,4B. Does around 10.2k. j.C is completely out of the question.

I have only gotten j.B starter to work on Kamui and Doro so I assume it works on thins/lolis but I have yet to get it to work on Heart. Normal hitboxes get hit too high off 22X to combo it seems.

j.B starter does less damage than j.B 2ABC 421X 6HC 5B 6B air combo.

EDIT:

Got it to work on Heart fairly consistently:

j.B 2ABC 421X 6HC 5A j.B delay j.236X land 22X sj.B [JC] j.A j.B j.4B j.E j.214X. ~10.2k.

The above is the most stable j.B starter I could find. Works on everyone that I tested(Heart/Maori/Kamui/Scharl/Nazuna/Kira/Fiona/Liese/Doro/Cathy)

Been using a lot of Dark lately since the Online Examu Cup stream. Being able to just go into the same 50/50 over and over and get ~9.5k is great. Especially when it refreshes EF and your meter along with being a straight up hard KD. On top of that, just using 236E/236236E after a 2C from communio in addition to water detonation seems pretty good so far.

Main combo to use to start:

~2C 421X EFC step 5A j.A j.B j.E j.A j.B [JC] j.A j.B j.4B j.C or j.E j.214A land 5[E] 623[E] 214AB 623]E[ *623E hits* 623[E] -> mixup.

Basic one is just jump forward and release 623[E]. Depending on when you release it, they have to block left or right. You can just go into training mode and mess with things. If the 2nd 623E keeps coming out, you need to delay doing it a little bit.

~623E hits land j.A j.B j.236X land 22X sj.B [JC] j.A j.B j.4B j.C or j.E j.214A 5[E] 623[E] 214AB 623]E[ *623E hits* 623[E]

If they get hit by the 623E, this is the main combo to go back into the setup. Your meter should be back so you can do the 214AB in time even if it's from round start. Nets you around 10.9k.

Example video(does not have the 214AB combo after 623E mixup):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2ipXUfGrs

Seems I'm going to have to give up on Fire Elsa but for someone who only used Fire, what Arcana would be a good choice to switch for a time being (seriously can't get over the Communio changes from vanilla)?

Honestly, I have a hard time getting used to any other arcana due to over use of Fire so it will take me a shit load of time to get adjusted. Currently trying Dark out due to .ShotS combo.

Seems I'm going to have to give up on Fire Elsa but for someone who only used Fire, what Arcana would be a good choice to switch for a time being (seriously can't get over the Communio changes from vanilla)?

Honestly, I have a hard time getting used to any other arcana due to over use of Fire so it will take me a shit load of time to get adjusted. Currently trying Dark out due to .ShotS combo.

Fire still has some things. I remember playing Tempered and he had an EFC combo into AE ender for pressure but I can't remember what it was.

If you want something to ease you out of Fire, there's a lot of Arcanas. Dark is kind of restricting due to metering constraints so I would probably say Love/Flower/Wind. If you want more lockdown post-communio, there's also Sin but it's also kind of meter restricting unless you're getting hit.

Fire still has some things. I remember playing Tempered and he had an EFC combo into AE ender for pressure but I can't remember what it was.

If you want something to ease you out of Fire, there's a lot of Arcanas. Dark is kind of restricting due to metering constraints so I would probably say Love/Flower/Wind. If you want more lockdown post-communio, there's also Sin but it's also kind of meter restricting unless you're getting hit.

I rather like using Wind from what I've tested but I find myself using Dark even though you mentioned the restrictions to meter. Mind going into more details about that?

Every Arcana builds and regenerates a different amount of meter

Dark...doesnt regen shit

Pretty much this.

Dark meter gain is mediocre overall and then you have really bad regeneration. You really need to maximize all your converts into EFC combos or else you just lose due to only having 1 and a half bars the entire match.

You should experiment more, it sounds like to me. Try to find something that's a personal style choice rather than what seems to be objectively strong. There's probably an area of your gameplay that's weaker or stronger that an Arcana could augment, and that's a good way to look at it imo as Elsa herself does fine as is as a design. Do you need better control at neutral? Confirming off of random hits? Projectiles? Better defense? A good way to start to look at this is see what you're losing matches to. If not that, I can always find something useful just toying around in training. Various Arcana supers/Eclipses after Communio > 2C can give you all sorts of options.

tl;dr, look at yourself instead of what's good on the boards.