Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abstract

[CT] Arakune vs. Rachel

So, seeing as how I have no Rachel experience, and we don't have a Rachel thread, I thought I'd start one. What's the best way of tackling a solid Rachel player? How do you approach? How do you cover your rush down once your curse her? What's the best way to curse her?

You have to be really careful and patient in this match. You cannot outzone rachel. Frog + pumpkin + poles, she can really trap you, as well when you're in the air her pole projectiles can hit you, and she has an EXCELLENT anti-air with 6A and superjump umbrella if you're too high. Take it slow and easy, and when you see the oppurtunity summon a cloud. To advance if rachel throws a projectile and you've read where it's going, dash forward. Jumping is not a good idea since that projectile would hit you. Also her wind will affect you in the air, so dive to mess up the trajectory sometimes, but it's a risky move. More on this matchup as the Rachel players here improve.

Rachel is one of the only fights I stay close to the ground on, her 236 beans are kind of daunting and they always hit me when I'm doing an j4B>Mix-up. Oftentimes what I will do though is 214A(to bait her into launching a bean) and then 2C. I'll get off a curse with 2D from there or 5D on her recovery if I'm feelin' saucy. also, this thread already exists.