Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maho

PS3 stick issues on PS4

So back at Stunfest, I played Rev for the first time and as I don't have a PS4, I was using my PS3 stick (360TE with a Kitty TE) and had a feeling my timings were off.

I spoked with a few others players that were in the same situation and all had the same feeling, but we thought maybe it was just the PS4 version being a bit different.

After the release of the full game, a guy on the EU discord for Xrd (don't remember his name sorry) did some tests and told us the PS3 sticks lag by 1.5 to 2f on PS4, which seems somewhat in line with my feelings.

Now just today, on the French Xrd discord, we were talking about input lag and one of the guys there works as a dev and has access to a debug ps4, so I asked him if he could look into that. He had both PS3 and PS4 sticks on hand and he was able to check the differences, and indeed there are some.

So I'm gonna skip the technical explanation he gave me on how the PS3 drivers work, mainly because I'm not sure I would be translating those correctly, but in the end the game takes almost two times longer to process inputs from a PS3 device than from a PS4 one.
And there's also another noticeable thing, a PS4 device has access to 16 inputs from the input buffer but a PS3 device only has access to half that, this can make getting some moves a bit harder to come out.

So in the end, the thing to know is that playing in a tournament that's done on PS4 with a PS3 stick doesn't look like a very good thing to do if you can avoid it.

Maybe it can be fixed? Does anyone know if this happen on other games that use this driver? Strangely I remember reading that SF5 has 1f less dalay with a PS3 stick, but who knows if it's related with the input lag issues this game have.

i have the same problem, but i used akishop360+ and i managed to fix that by force PS4 mode, if i use legacy PS3 mode, there's significant delay compare to PS3. Dont know if that help